Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are folks with smaller screen size iPads going to get iPad Logic

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

Was wondering how it will work. Seems all the pics are showing LP on the largest iPads available.

Comments

• That will be interesting indeed...
    I'm on the 11" M1 iPadPro so I suppose it'll be quite 'ok' on that one.

And there's the option to 'add more space' in the settings...
    ...It scales down the UI a notch to make space for more stuff witch is still quite usable even with my somewhat degraded eye-sight.

I'm quite sure it will scale quite well for the supported screen sizes.

But I would never torture my eyes with the iPad Mini...

• I would think they will be able to answer that only after they have done the free trial.

• edited May 2023

I hope Logic will also be released on the Apple Watch, so we can make a thread about that as well.

• @Slush said:
    I hope Logic will also be released on the Apple Watch, so we can make a thread about that as well.

:D :D :D

• I know only one thing I don’t want to change now my 2020 IPad Air 4 256 GB , I will do it in 2025 or even 2026 .

LP on IPad will not change my planning.

My IPad on iOS 15 is still powerful after 7 years.

• @BerlinFx said:
    I know only one thing I don’t want to change now my 2020 IPad Air 4 256 GB , I will do it in 2025 or even 2026 .

Logic can't even be installed on iOS15...
    I'd strongly suggest keeping capable hardware up-to-date when it comes to iPadOS version.

iPadOS17 will likely bring a lot of improvements that make everyday iPadding more fun :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@BerlinFx said:
    I know only one thing I don’t want to change now my 2020 IPad Air 4 256 GB , I will do it in 2025 or even 2026 .

Logic can't even be installed on iOS15...
    I'd strongly suggest keeping capable hardware up-to-date when it comes to iPadOS version.

iPadOS17 will likely bring a lot of improvements that make everyday iPadding more fun :sunglasses:

I got iOS 16 on IPad Air 4 256 GB at 200 GB are free I think it should be Enough if I want to use LP iOS don’t forget that chip Ax14 for is very powerful and multicore and M1 is only 20 % more powerful. Who do projects with over 42 tracks here ?

A very Pro producers use over 100 tracks so LP it is a very different situation of a hobbyist.

But less is better , the sound engineer of Latest Adele EP didn’t use so many much tracks than an Hobbyist, when you deal with a so great voice is easier than if you deal with bad voices of famous singers.

I got LP on a very powerful M1 MacBook so I should be able to import.

• edited May 2023

@Simon said:
    I would think they will be able to answer that only after they have done the free trial.

A metric that if we all followed would render 99.99% of this forum's current post output irrelevant ;)

• @BerlinFx said:

I got iOS 16 on IPad Air 4 256 GB at 200 GB are free I think it should be Enough if I want to use LP iOS don’t forget that chip Ax14 for is very powerful and multicore and M1 is only 20 % more powerful. Who do projects with over 42 tracks here ?

That could very well happen considering considering that each drum-kit is 16+ tracks (with effect busses) :sunglasses:
    So in practice each drum-kit gives you 16+ mixer tracks when unfolded which is very handy for detailed mixing.

Some of the bigger preset patches use 3-4 tracks on their own so yeah track-count will go up.
    iOS GarageBand does this too but you can't see the individual tracks that make up the sound or drum-kits.

I would not worry too much about track-count and considering I can already use 15+ instances of mixed Model D/15/Animoog Z in Cubasis I suspect Logic won't even break a seat doing the same...

Ironically my M1 iPadPro is a lot faster that my i5 MacMini which I use LP on and if I avoid Moog apps (which run like snails on Intel CPUs) I've not run into any real performance issues yet.

One thing regarding LogicPro on iPad I am interested in is if we can use the external display for moving stuff to instead of just mirroring the iPad screen to it...

9 days to go before we get our hands on the iPad version...

• edited May 2023

@Samu said:

@BerlinFx said:

That could very well happen considering considering that each drum-kit is 16+ tracks (with effect busses) :sunglasses:
    So in practice each drum-kit gives you 16+ mixer tracks when unfolded which is very handy for detailed mixing.

Some of the bigger preset patches use 3-4 tracks on their own so yeah track-count will go up.
    iOS GarageBand does this too but you can't see the individual tracks that make up the sound or drum-kits.

I would not worry too much about track-count and considering I can already use 15+ instances of mixed Model D/15/Animoog Z in Cubasis I suspect Logic won't even break a seat doing the same...

Ironically my M1 iPadPro is a lot faster that my i5 MacMini which I use LP on and if I avoid Moog apps (which run like snails on Intel CPUs) I've not run into any real performance issues yet.

One thing regarding LogicPro on iPad I am interested in is if we can use the external display for moving stuff to instead of just mirroring the iPad screen to it...

9 days to go before we get our hands on the iPad version...

To use only LP ios I think that 32 to 42 tracks is really max to deal with. And if you have the Destop LP a pro producer will create ideas on LP iOS to export to LP desktop to mix and master , it is the same actually with Cubasis and Cubase.

I think that for V1 you should be missing external display and external storage that should come with V2 , not sure but I know that they made some choice for V1 to add more on V2 and other …. Perhaps 🤔 they want to make people waiting for a future IPad with more USB port to avoid use of bad quality external hubs.

For the headphones jack coming back I don’t thing It will happen as they bet on BT headphones and BT latency will be solved in the near future

• @cyberheater said:
    Was wondering how it will work. Seems all the pics are showing LP on the largest iPads available.

I’ll see how it works in my mini. I might go for a m1 :(

• @Samu said:
    That will be interesting indeed...
    I'm on the 11" M1 iPadPro so I suppose it'll be quite 'ok' on that one.

And there's the option to 'add more space' in the settings...
    ...It scales down the UI a notch to make space for more stuff witch is still quite usable even with my somewhat degraded eye-sight.

I'm quite sure it will scale quite well for the supported screen sizes.

But I would never torture my eyes with the iPad Mini...

Exactly. I had one of the original mini and it was sorta fine during the old days but i also had another iPad at the same time that I’d use Gadget on to have a bigger screen. I’m planning on getting the 1tb Pro this summer with the 12.9 screen. I have the M1 air right now but I need way more storage and (I don’t need but want) a bigger screen.

• edited May 2023

From the look of the screen grabs, the UI is well optimised, so I’m hopeful my Air 4 will cope, otherwise it could get expensive.

One of my AUM bugbear’s is only having four channels visible at any one time - if Logic manages 8, or even 12 in the mixer window, I’ll be happy.

• No way to use LP iOS on an IPad mini screen

• UI appears to be better than I expected. I thought it was going to be a way clunkier marriage of GB and Logic Remote. The elegance in the screenshots has to have come from of the more seasoned designers at Apple —hope the UX turns out to be organic and musical.

That’s the piece that messed me up with Cubasis and Auria. Felt like I was doing hand-to-hand combat with the UX

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:
    No way to use LP iOS on an IPad mini screen

It would be fine for a really, really tiny creature, like maybe Tinkerbell.