Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC Help Line

Comments

• @pejman said:
    Do you mean to solve the remaining problems of the evolving script or to talk more about the same old script?

After you you have updated the script to solve the problem of the knobs not being restored when changing pads.

• edited May 2023

Well, have we not solved this problem?

• This is the same script that has been solved .

@OnLoad //for knob = 0 to 9 if Unassigned init init = YES sgate = [57,57,57,57] swing = [0,0,0,0] p = LastPad ccgate = [1,6,11,16] ccswin = [2,7,12,17] ////for changable knobs for user kgate = 5 kswin = [6] padrevert = 0 padrev = 4 ColorPad 0, 5 endif Call @SetKnobPosition Call @SetKnobLabel //endfor LabelPads {TRACKS } LabelPad 0, {1️⃣} LabelPad 1, {2️⃣} LabelPad 2, {3️⃣} LabelPad 3, {4️⃣} @End @OnPadDown //Log {pad },p,{ paddown},{ befor} //Log {knob },knob,{ paddown},{ befor} p = LastPad //for knob = 0 to 9 gate = GetKnobValue kgate Call @SetKnobPosition Call @SetKnobLabel //endfor //Log {pad },p,{ paddown},{ after} //Log {knob },knob,{ paddown},{ after} if LastPad >=0 and LastPad <=3 ColorPad padrevert, 0 ColorPad LastPad, 5 padrevert = LastPad if LastPad = 0 LabelKnobs {TRACK 1} elseif LastPad = 1 LabelKnobs {TRACK 2} elseif LastPad = 2 LabelKnobs {TRACK 3} elseif LastPad = 3 LabelKnobs {TRACK 4} endif endif @End @OnKnobChange knob = LastKnob value = GetKnobValue //Log {pad },p,{ knobchange},{ befor} //Log {knob },knob,{ knobchange},{ befor} //for p = 0 to 3 //p = LastPad gate = GetKnobValue kgate if LastKnob = kgate sgate[p] = gate SendMIDICC 1, ccgate[p], gate //Log Round gate ,{ pad}, p,{ },knob elseif LastKnob = kswin SendMIDICC 1, ccswin[p], swin endif //endfor //Log {pad },p,{ knobchange},{ after} //Log {knob },knob,{ knobchange},{ after} Call @SetKnobPosition Call @SetKnobLabel @End @SetKnobPosition //Log {pad },p,{ setknobpos},{ befor} //Log {knob },knob,{ setknobpos},{ befor} //for p = 0 to 3 //p = LastPad //if knob = kgate gate = Round GetKnobValue kgate SetKnobValue kgate,sgate[p] ////????? Log {setknobpos},Round gate,{pad },p,{knob },knob swin = GetKnobValue kswin SetKnobValue kswin, swin ////[p] ////????? //endif //endfor //Log {pad },p,{ setknobpos},{ after} //Log {knob },knob,{ setknobpos},{ after} @End @SetKnobLabel //Log {pad },p,{ setknoblab},{ befor} //Log {knob },knob,{ setknoblab},{ befor} //for p = 0 to 3 //p = LastPad gate = GetKnobValue kgate lgate = Round TranslateScale gate, 0,127,-100,100 LabelKnob kgate, {GATE}, { } ,lgate if LastKnob = kgate LabelKnobs {Track },p+1,{ GATE},{ },lgate endif swin = GetKnobValue kswin lswin = Round TranslateScale swin, 0,127,0,100 LabelKnob kswin, {SWING},{ } ,lswin if LastKnob = kswin LabelKnobs {CREAM },p+1,{ SWING},{ },lswin endif //endfor //Log {pad },p,{ setknoblab},{ after} //Log {knob },knob,{ setknoblab},{ after} @End
  • This was the script I was working on from the beginning, without problem.

• @pejman said:
    This was the script I was working on from the beginning, without problem.

Before we get started. It looks like knob 5, is the only value that changes with lastPad. Is that what you intend?

What is supposed to happen with knob 6?

Related: you initialized an array called swing, but never use it. Is that intentional?

• @espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:

Before we get started. It looks like knob 5, is the only value that changes with lastPad. Is that what you intend?

Related: you initialized an array called swing, but never use it. Is that intentional?

Sorry for late.

This script has not been updated. I have already mentioned this script, for example, with a knob, but now it is complete and works correctly and completely.

If you want I can send it to you ( updated script).

The issue is completely resolved for me. Would you like me to discuss the next issue with you?

• @pejman said:

@espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:

Sorry for late.

This script has not been updated. I have already mentioned this script, for example, with a knob, but now it is complete and works correctly and completely.

The issue is completely resolved for me. Would you like me to discuss the next issue with you?

Yes. But you'll have to post the current fixed script. The last version of the script that you posted had a number of issues worth your while to look at. That is why I suggest you post your current version.

Or is there a particular problem in it that you want us to troubleshoot?

• @espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:

@espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:

Sorry for late.

Yes. But you'll have to post the current fixed script. The last version of the script that you posted had a number of issues worth your while to look at. That is why I suggest you post your current version.

No, there is no problem in terms of knobs being saved in the pads

• @pejman said:

@espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:

@espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:

Sorry for late.

No, there is no problem in terms of knobs being saved in the pads

I would suggest posting the current version then and reviewing.

• Updated script.

@OnLoad for knob = 0 to 9 if Unassigned init init = YES sgate = [57,57,57,57] sswing = [0,0,0,0] ccgate = [1,6,11,16] ccswin = [2,7,12,17] ////for changable knobs for user kgate = [5] kswin = [6] selection = LastPad padrevert = 0 padrev = 4 shift = 0 endif Call @SetKnobPosition Call @SetKnobLabel endfor for pad = 4 to 15 endfor LabelPads {TRACKS } LabelPad 0, {1️⃣} LabelPad 1, {2️⃣} LabelPad 2, {3️⃣} LabelPad 3, {4️⃣} @End @OnPadDown selection = LastPad for knob = 0 to 9 Call @SetKnobPosition Call @SetKnobLabel endfor if LastPad >=0 and LastPad <=3 ColorPad padrevert, 0 ColorPad LastPad, 1 padrevert = LastPad if LastPad = 0 ColorPad 0, 5 LabelPad 0, {1️⃣} LabelKnobs {TRACK 1} SendMIDICC 1, 0, 0 elseif LastPad = 1 ColorPad 1, 5 LabelPad 1, {2️⃣} LabelKnobs {TRACK 2} SendMIDICC 1, 0, 45 elseif LastPad = 2 ColorPad 2, 5 LabelPad 2, {3️⃣} LabelKnobs {TRACK 3} SendMIDICC 1, 0, 90 elseif LastPad = 3 ColorPad 3, 5 LabelPad 3, {4️⃣} LabelKnobs {TRACK 4} SendMIDICC 1, 0, 127 endif endif @End @OnKnobChange knob = LastKnob if knob = kgate sgate[selection] = gate elseif knob = kswin sswing[selection] = Round swin endif for p = 0 to 3 if LastPad = p if LastKnob = kgate SendMIDICC 1, ccgate[p], gate elseif LastKnob = kswin SendMIDICC 1, ccswin[p], swin endif endif endfor Call @SetKnobLabel @End @SetKnobPosition if knob = kgate SetKnobValue knob, sgate[selection] elseif knob = kswin SetKnobValue knob, sswing[selection] endif @End @SetKnobLabel /////// for knobs label layers state saving via pads for p = 0 to 3 if LastPad = p gate = GetKnobValue kgate lgate = Round TranslateScale gate, 0,127,-100,100 LabelKnob kgate, {GATE}, { } ,lgate if LastKnob = kgate LabelKnobs {app },p+1,{ GATE},{ },lgate endif swin = GetKnobValue kswin lswin = Round TranslateScale swin, 0,127,0,100 LabelKnob kswin, {SWING},{ } ,lswin if LastKnob = kswin LabelKnobs {app },p+1,{ SWING},{ },lswin endif endif endfor @End

• @pejman : the first thing for you to look at is your onLoad handler.

I recommend that you go through it line by line and simulate what it does. I see two immediate things for you to look at. There is a for loop that runs 10 times.

Trace that out by hand with your finger line by line to see what gets executed...and include any loop iterations.

As you simulate the loop, ask yourself for each line: does this need to be executed all 10 times the loop runs?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @pejman : the first thing for you to look at is your onLoad handler.

I recommend that you go through it line by line and simulate what it does. I see two immediate things for you to look at. There is a for loop that runs 10 times.

Trace that out by hand with your finger line by line to see what gets executed...and include any loop iterations.

As you simulate the loop, ask yourself for each line: does this need to be executed all 10 times the loop runs?

Yes, you are right, I have not yet cleaned some lines and put them in onload. These lines need sorting

• I would look at all for loops in your program and see if they are needed.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I would look at all for loops in your program and see if they are needed.

Do you mean that I should correct them now?

• edited May 2023

@pejman said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I would look at all for loops in your program and see if they are needed.

Do you mean that I should correct them now?

It is up to you. Something for you to think about.

Maybe you can do it on your own and ask questions if you get stuck.

• edited May 2023

What do you think is the problem, which ( for ) is extra ? I checked them, but removing any of them gives us trouble

• @pejman said:
    What do you think is the problem, which ( for ) is extra ? I checked them, but removing any of them gives us trouble

I'd like to see if I can get you to find the problems. There are a few. There is one general logic issue and then there is an efficiency issue. If you have looked at it and don't see the issues, let me see if i can ask some questions that will help you to see them.

Start with the for in the onLoad clause.

Trace it through with your finger, every line that gets executed and loop through it. Keep track (you will probably need paper and pencil) and write down the variable changes.

After you have done that as an exercise, put a log line in the "if unassigned" block that prints out the value of knob. Something like
    log {testing if block. knob =}, knob

Put a log line on the line after the "endif" that prints out p. Something like
    log {after endif. knob = }, knob

What do you notice?

A question to answer: why is the "if unassigned" block inside a loop that gets called for every knob.

• edited May 2023

after endif. knob = 9
    after endif. knob = 8
    after endif. knob = 7
    after endif. knob = 6
    after endif. knob = 5
    after endif. knob = 4
    after endif. knob = 3
    after endif. knob = 2
    after endif. knob = 1
    after endif. knob = 0
    testing if block. knob =0

As it is known, inside if assigned, knobs are not recognized, but they are recognized outside of it
    I have to say that there is no logical reason why I did this, because by changing the state or moving the ( for ) outside of if assigned, the script continues to work correctly.
    And the latest changes in AUV3 mode are well read and restored after loading.

• Hi again, I'm going to raise a new issue . Of course, this issue has been raised before and is half finished. About save color pad in track pads . This script was sent to me by Wim, which I adjusted and made to send CC in the way I wanted. So I have modified this script and disabled some lines.
    And I have changed some things.

This patch has 4 tracks ( knobs 0 to3 yellow ) and each track has 12 patterns ( knobs 4 to 15 pink),

In trackpads and patterns, by touching each pad, only that pad becomes colored.

Problem ,
    1, touch pad num 0 ( track1 ) Its color turns yellow.
    2, And touch pad num 6 ( pattern6 ) Its color turns pink.
    3, touch pad num 1 and touch pad num 8
    4, return to pad num 0 problem issue
    I expect pad num 8 become colorless and pad num 6 become pink.

Thank you if you help me.

@Description Example for @pejman: See @OnPadDown for how to use SendMidiCC in response to touching pads. This example demonstrates how to clean up the code a little by moving the CC sending out to a separate event. @End @OnLoad value_a = [1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,0,33] value_b = [2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22] value_c = [3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23] value_d = [23,33,44,55,66,77,88,99,13,35,37] color_a = [7] color_b = [7] color_c = [7] color_d = [7] /// new in ver 4 padrevert and colorpad = 0 and 4 insted of = LastPad padrevert = 0 color_a = 4 ColorPad 0, 2 ColorPad 4, 7 Call @InitializeLayers layer = 1 Call @LoadLayer Call @SetPads delay = 2 ShowLayout 2 @End @OnPadDown // When we tap one of the first four pads, recall the layer associated with it pad = LastPad Log cc[pad] if LastPad >= 0 and LastPad <=3 ColorPad padrevert,0 ColorPad LastPad,2 padrevert = LastPad elseif LastPad >= 4 ColorPad color_a, 0 ColorPad LastPad, 7 color_a = LastPad endif if pad < 4 layer = pad+1 Call @LoadLayer Call @SetPads elseif pad > 3 Call @SendLayer endif @End @SendLayer // Loop through the pads, sending cc # and value combinations stored for the layer. // We get the CC# from what we set in the cc array. The last touched pad, stored in "pad" // in @OnPadDown event, tells which CC to use. //for idx = 0 to 11 SendMIDICC 0, cc[layer-1], active_value[pad-4], delay // I like to set a small delay between midi messages in case hosts have trouble // processing too many messages at once. //endfor @End @InitializeLayers // This could be any code you want. We'll just load random values here. //va= [1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,0,33] for idx = 0 to 11 //layer01_value[idx] = v //Random 1,127 //layer02_value[idx] = Random 1,127 //layer03_value[idx] = Random 1,127 //layer04_value[idx] = Random 1,127 //layer01_color[idx] = Random 0,7 //layer02_color[idx] = Random 0,7 //layer03_color[idx] = Random 0,7 //layer04_color[idx] = Random 0,7 endfor // I added some CC #s to use for this example cc = [20, 21, 22, 23] @End @LoadLayer // This is where we copy a selected layer to the active value set // The "layer" value must be set before calling this event // (There are more elegant ways of doing this, but they require more explanation so // we'll keep it simple here.) if layer = 1 CopyArray value_a, active_value CopyArray color_a, active_color elseif layer = 2 CopyArray value_b, active_value CopyArray color_b, active_color elseif layer = 3 CopyArray value_c, active_value CopyArray color_c, active_color elseif layer = 4 CopyArray value_d, active_value CopyArray color_d, active_color endif @End @SetPads LabelPad 0,{1️⃣} LabelPad 1,{2️⃣} LabelPad 2,{3️⃣} LabelPad 3,{4️⃣} // use the active_value and active_color arrays to set up the pads for p = 4 to 15 LabelPad p, {Value: }, active_value[p-4] ColorPad p, active_color[p-4] endfor @End
  • @pejman :

what happens in steps 3 & 4?

Where do you expect the color to be assigned?

Put a log line immediately before each call to colorpad that identifies where in the code you are and prints the pad number and what color will be assigned

perform the steps you described and see what the log says. Does it match what you expected?

If you put the log lines in, it should reveal what is going on.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @pejman :

what happens in steps 3 & 4?

Where do you expect the color to be assigned?

3, touch pad num 1 and touch pad num 8

( Pad num 1 turns yellow , and pad num 8 turns pink , correctly. )

4, return to pad num 0 problem issue
    I expect pad num 8 become colorless and pad num 6 become pink. ( which was painted pink in step 1 ).
    But this does not happen in practice.

• @pejman : you did not answer the question:

where in your code (be specific), do you expect the colors to be assigned when you perform step 4.

Before posting with the answer, do the logging I describe.

In order to find and solve problems like this, you need to be able identify where in your code an interaction is handled and how to check if your code is doing what you expect,

• edited May 2023

Can you please tell me what exactly I should put in front of the word log ?

• @pejman said:
    Can you please tell me what exactly I should put in front of the word log ?

There is nothing to put before the word log.

What you need to do is add log commands that display the information that I mentioned (and possibly additional information).

When you add the log lines, make sure to include something that will identify where in the script it is located.

For example,

log {onPadDown. on entry. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: }

or

log {onPadDown. lastPad between 0 and 3.}.....the rest of the information to log

Use the log lines to peek into the execution to make sure that what is happening is what you expect to happen.

You also need to know what SHOULD happen.

From what you describe, there is somewhere in your code where something you expect to happen isn't -- or something you don't expect to happen is.

• I did what you told me about the log, that is, the results I see are correct, but I don't understand where the problem is.

the issue is very confusing for me, I would be grateful if you could give me a clearer guide.

One question: Should we create the line codes in @load layer to make the pad colorless?

Because I think, according to my wish, something like this should happen somewhere and be saved ( copy Array )

• @pejman said:
    I did what you told me about the log, that is, the results I see are correct, but I don't understand where the problem is.

the issue is very confusing for me, I would be grateful if you could give me a clearer guide.

One question: Should we create the line codes in @load layer to make the pad colorless?

Because I think, according to my wish, something like this should happen somewhere and be saved ( copy Array )

Please post the script with the log lines and screenshots showing the log output created when you perform the steps that demonstrate the problem.

• edited May 2023

```

@Description
    Example for @pejman: See @OnPadDown for how to use SendMidiCC in response to touching pads.
    This example demonstrates how to clean up the code a little by moving the CC sending out
    to a separate event.
    @End

@OnLoad
    value_a = [1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,0,33]
    value_b = [2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22]
    value_c = [3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23]
    value_d = [23,33,44,55,66,77,88,99,13,35,37]
    color_a = [7]
    color_b = [7]
    color_c = [7]
    color_d = [7]
    /// new in ver 4 padrevert and colorpad = 0 and 4 insted of = LastPad
    padrevert = 0
    color_a = 4
    ColorPad 0, 2
    ColorPad 4, 7
    Call @InitializeLayers
    layer = 1
    Call @LoadLayer
    Call @SetPads
    delay = 2
    ShowLayout 2

@End

@OnPadDown
    // When we tap one of the first four pads, recall the layer associated with it
    pad = LastPad
    //Log cc[pad]

log {onPadDown. on entry. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: },padrevert,{ color_a }, color_a

if LastPad < 4

ColorPad padrevert,0
    ColorPad LastPad,2
    padrevert = LastPad

elseif LastPad > 3

ColorPad color_a, 0
             ColorPad LastPad, 7
             color_a = LastPad

endif

if pad < 4
    layer = pad+1
    Call @LoadLayer
    Call @SetPads

elseif pad > 3
    Call @SendLayer
    endif

log {onPadDown. on end. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: },padrevert,{ color_a }, color_a

@End

@SendLayer
    // Loop through the pads, sending cc # and value combinations stored for the layer.
    // We get the CC# from what we set in the cc array. The last touched pad, stored in "pad"
    // in @OnPadDown event, tells which CC to use.

//for idx = 0 to 11
    SendMIDICC 0, cc[layer-1], active_value[pad-4], delay
    // I like to set a small delay between midi messages in case hosts have trouble
    // processing too many messages at once.
    //endfor
    @End

@InitializeLayers

log {on initlayer. on entry. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: },padrevert,{ color_a }, color_a

// This could be any code you want. We'll just load random values here.
    //va= [1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,0,33]
    for idx = 0 to 11

//layer01_value[idx] = v //Random 1,127
    //layer02_value[idx] = Random 1,127
    //layer03_value[idx] = Random 1,127
    //layer04_value[idx] = Random 1,127

//layer01_color[idx] = Random 0,7
    //layer02_color[idx] = Random 0,7
    //layer03_color[idx] = Random 0,7
    //layer04_color[idx] = Random 0,7

endfor

// I added some CC #s to use for this example
    cc = [20, 21, 22, 23]

log {on initlayer. on end. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: },padrevert,{ color_a }, color_a

@End

@LoadLayer
    // This is where we copy a selected layer to the active value set
    // The "layer" value must be set before calling this event
    // (There are more elegant ways of doing this, but they require more explanation so
    // we'll keep it simple here.)

log {on loadlayer. on entry. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: },padrevert,{ color_a }, color_a

if layer = 1
    CopyArray value_a, active_value
    CopyArray padrevert, active_color
    CopyArray color_a, active_color
    elseif layer = 2
    CopyArray value_b, active_value
    CopyArray color_b, active_color
    elseif layer = 3
    CopyArray value_c, active_value
    CopyArray color_c, active_color
    elseif layer = 4
    CopyArray value_d, active_value
    CopyArray color_d, active_color
    endif

log {on loadlayer. on end. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: },padrevert,{ color_a }, color_a
    @End

@SetPads

log {on setpad. on entry. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: },padrevert,{ color_a }, color_a

LabelPad 0,{1️⃣}
    LabelPad 1,{2️⃣}
    LabelPad 2,{3️⃣}
    LabelPad 3,{4️⃣}

// use the active_value and active_color arrays to set up the pads
    for p = 4 to 15
    LabelPad p, {Value: }, active_value[p-4]
    ColorPad p, active_color[p-4]
    endfor

log {on setpad. on end. lastPad is: }, lastPad, { , padRevert is: },padrevert,{ color_a }, color_a

@End

• edited May 2023

@espiegel123 ,

As you know, in the load layer and setpad section, pads 4 and later are not reported.

As you know, in the load layer and setpad section, pads 4 and later are not reported.

• @pejman : please answer the question that I posed earlier: “ where in your code (be specific), do you expect the colors to be assigned when you perform step 4.”

And one more question: when you touch the pads in step 4, what log lines would we see if the script was behaving correctly?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @pejman : please answer the question that I posed earlier: “ where in your code (be specific), do you expect the colors to be assigned when you perform step 4.”

I think in @setpad in ( ColorPad p, active_color[p-4] ) .

And one more question: when you touch the pads in step 4, what log lines would we see if the script was behaving correctly?

Discoloration of the previously colored pad number in previously track and showing the number of the pad that is colored when selecting a new track