Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Note or Logic Pro?

😂😂😂 just a weekend joke! Come on Ableton get Yer Ya- Ya’s out!

Comments

• edited May 2023

I actually really like Ableton Note, perfect for getting a few ideas down on the go and then seamless integration into the full-blown DAW on desktop, either PC or Mac.

7 dollars one off purchase is an absolute bargain.

Ableton using iOS to its strengths.

• @Danny_Mammy said:
    I actually really like Ableton Note, perfect for getting a few ideas down on the go and then seamless integration into the full-blown DAW on desktop, either PC or Mac.

7 dollars one off purchase is an absolute bargain.

Ableton using iOS to its strengths.

Here’s hoping for the big brother on the iPad then for those keen to stay on iOS only. It’s not one I’m familiar with but I can see it will easily rival Apple and bring even more goodies to the floor. I do believe these are exciting times for all home studio musicians😃.

• edited May 2023

i don't expect a real DAW from Ableton on Ios for a long time. the 'Note' approach they are taking makes the most logical sense currently and the most effective for Ableton users.

Also, I expect a lot of focus on push 3 or whatever the new hardware will be called.

• Ableton don't make any money from hardware sales of iPads, that's the main reason why Apple are finally putting these apps out. so there's less incentive for Ableton to do the same.
    Apple are less interested in software sales, everything is designed to sell the hardware in the end.

Ableton don't need to do it because they would make less money than you think. I'd rather they focus on the desktop app along with dedicated hardware like the Push. The iPad with Ableton Link already works really with Live so I don't feel like I need a dedicated iPad version at all really, I record directly to Ableton via AUM and I haven't even bought Note yet, I'm not saying I never will, but it's less useful for me right now.

I like my iPad to exist independently along with with other hardware and desktop gear and they all have unique advantages and work well together already. So I think Ableton may release other apps in the future but I expect they will be more complimentary apps, which makes much more sense than a direct touch version (which makes more sense as dedicated hardware like Push, rather than touch screen).

• edited May 2023

It seems that since 2018 many Ableton users go to Logic

• That's not true from my perspective, I only know people from the art and music industry who use Ableton, I don't know anyone who uses Logic. But then everyone's social bubbles are different :)

• @Danny_Mammy & @ Carnbot. I can see the ‘Logic’ in what you both say. I totally get the selling on hardware point. Around £529 for me to download Ableton onto a Mac or PC. That gives me 10 years of Logic on my iPad plus the cost of my hardwear updates (years ago I used to need to update my PC to keep up with faster processing power). I think it could be the ‘pro’ music community who would add pressure to the debate. Some of them sure do like to work on MacBooks as they zip around the world. If the iPad bug catches on with them then who knows? I think it will depend on how Logic develops. If it really is seen as ‘pro’ but with the benefit of touch and portability. For me I do think it’s the first real hint that the iPad as a serious tool might be nearer. I’ve always felt very niche and almost apologist for the sub standard tools of my hobby. Computer Music magazine are unusual in having a regular ‘AUv3’ app section. Damn they might even give the iPad more pages by the end of 23🤔?

• edited May 2023

yeah, i say most people I collab with are on either Ableton live or FL studio and the big boys always have pro tools installed too.
    In the end I reckon the market share percentage between the top four or five DAW's are similar but personally I see Ableton live and FL Studio alot.

• @Danny_Mammy said:
    yeah, i say most people I collab with are on either Ableton live or FL studio and the big boys always have pro tools installed too.
    In the end I reckon the market share percentage between the top four or five DAW's are similar but personally I see Ableton live and FL Studio alot.

I’m a bit nerdy so frequently follow the top 20 music apps chart. FL Studio for iPad is consistently top 5. Others come and go but FL Studio is always there!

• @ZooBaaDoo said:

@Danny_Mammy said:

I’m a bit nerdy so frequently follow the top 20 music apps chart. FL Studio for iPad is consistently top 5. Others come and go but FL Studio is always there!

Sorry I should had said Mac and PC market share which is the main market.