Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro Tips and Tutorials………

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

This is a great feature on Apple loops.. Syncing and Key transpose (with preview) sets it apart..
Don’t know if it’s just Apple Loops or, can Wav and other file types do this.. or is converting to Apple Loops is possible?

Comments

• Don't have the link at hand but there's apparently a way to let the loop-browser scan any folder with audio files and tag them with BPM, time-signature and detected key...

It's also relatively easy to turn any recorded audio event into an AppleLoop and add it to the library.

• Really intriguing if these wil, be included as stock plugins in the iPad version of Logic Pro.

• @Jumpercollins I can’t imagine those wouldn’t be included. The built-in MIDI FX are very useful.

• @RajahP said:
    Don’t know if it’s just Apple Loops or, can Wav and other file types do this.. or is converting to Apple Loops is possible?

Yes, you can convert your wav file into AL. I believe you can also enter the key/tempo of your sound file if you know them and don't want Logic auto detection to mess these up.Once it's in AL system, it behaves just like any original Logic AL. 👍

Just to be sure, I'm talking about the desktop version!

• @Samu said:
    Don't have the link at hand but there's apparently a way to let the loop-browser scan any folder with audio files and tag them with BPM, time-signature and detected key...

It's also relatively easy to turn any recorded audio event into an AppleLoop and add it to the library.

To have that power on an iOS DAW changes everything.. it will be a total joy… Thanks..

@Jumpercollins said:
    Really intriguing if these wil, be included as stock plugins in the iPad version of Logic Pro.

Read somewhere that they will be included… 10 more days… 🫣

@Artj said:

@RajahP said:

Yes, you can convert your wav file into AL. I believe you can also enter the key/tempo of your sound file if you know them and don't want Logic auto detection to mess these up.Once it's in AL system, it behaves just like any original Logic AL. 👍

Just to be sure, I'm talking about the desktop version!

Looks like Blocs Wave will have some competition…

• @RajahP said:

And so will many other apps...
    ...BM3 is in the 'risk zone' of getting deleted and everyone knows how much I love BM3!

• Do any DAWs.

If you had to bounce audio for resource reasons.

Reload a track with all data, state saving plus all midi, including seqience and automation?

• It’s fun to see people discover just how powerful Logic Pro is, especially after all of the “omg subscription”. There’s a reason it’s a big deal and it’s because of the complete package. There are so many bits and pieces that make Logic what it is - things that you didn’t even know you needed, or full iOS apps worth of functionality in just one screen. I mean look at the step sequencer in logic - it is deceptively deep!

• @sigma79 said:
    Do any DAWs.

Reload a track with all data, state saving plus all midi, including seqience and automation?

This is how Logic's 'Track Freeze' works, you freeze a track it stays in place, all plug-is are unloaded to save CPU and when you un-freeze the track all the plug-ins are re-loaded and that track is restored to pre-freeze state.

Cubasis uses a similar way but creates an extra track with the frozen audio...

I think most desktop DAWs do this already...

• @Samu said:

@sigma79 said:
    Do any DAWs.

This is how Logic's 'Track Freeze' works, you freeze a track it stays in place, all plug-is are unloaded to save CPU and when you un-freeze the track all the plug-ins are re-loaded and that track is restored to pre-freeze state.

Cool, Samu.

• @Eclipxe said:
    It’s fun to see people discover just how powerful Logic Pro is, especially after all of the “omg subscription”. There’s a reason it’s a big deal and it’s because of the complete package. There are so many bits and pieces that make Logic what it is - things that you didn’t even know you needed, or full iOS apps worth of functionality in just one screen. I mean look at the step sequencer in logic - it is deceptively deep!

Can you change the tempo of a track but on a pattern basis? Not global per track.

A 16 step pattern is a tempo. When it gets to next pattern a different tempo.

Not sure the results or if it would just be the same to not bother or there be other options.

Usually a pattern would have to repeat anyway to match the slowest pattern before moving to next pattern.

Trying to think if a 2nd ipad for drums. Which isnt affected by the pattern length of another ipad. Irrelevent really anyway if making linear but still wonder if there might be different patterns made.

If say drums can be variable speeds on a pattern basis.

Even when composing and matching drums to other elements of a song.

I guess it might sound a bit like swing or be nice with swing. Also on a pattern basis.

• I guess it depends what tempo you are originally and or if the speed variation is quantized as it might sound arftificial but maybe offers more than just ratchets.

• @Samu said:

@sigma79 said:
    Do any DAWs.

Ah yeah.

The reasoning were multi ipads. To work with just an audio template of combined stems.

It would probably be best to just open the original midi project. If you needed an altered stem. Then load the audio stem.

but that means the audio project maybe needs to be quite identical to the midi project.

Importing a track state save might be good.

For me. If I do bother with audio stems and not just record the output of a project.

Maybe best to have a background different host ( for an audio mixing template )

I guess you have to commit to audio fx wise this way but maybe save effects settings via the apps themselves.

I guess logic solves this if you have a poweful ipad and are happy with logic for everything.

• lol ocd.

• Why not just bounce out the audio stems when needed...

It really does help to know what one wants to accomplish right?

• Dont even have any audio stems anyway.

but I can see the point.

Either the music genre ( hip hop )

Or you may have loads of audio stems.

You get an idea with an old audio stem etc.

You got apps like Koala, aum etc.

but a pro output studio with internal sample editing and warping seems cool.

• @RajahP said:

😀 Funny you mentioned that because the first time I dealt with Apple Loop was when I had to export Blocs Wave loops at their original key and tempo just to use it as AL in Logic to recreate my Blocs Wave projects there. This is because flex time & pitch in Logic is more transparent and cleaner than Blocs. 👍

• I think the core of Logic Pro like all DAWs is the track arranger, sequencer, piano roll for arranging and composing. Depending how well touch works in that will make or break it on iPad for a lot of professionals. If midi FX AUv3 are not there at launch which could be the case. You won’t be able to use Atom 2, Helium etc to substitute the host sequencer. I hope Logic Pro for iPad will give us a better sequencer than currently GarageBand provides with more edit and move options that’s are optimised for touch. It maybe to get the full use out of its sequencer your need to use Apples Magic Keyboard with shortcuts.

• Is there a good book for Logic Pro?

• @Schmotown said:
    @Jumpercollins I can’t imagine those wouldn’t be included. The built-in MIDI FX are very useful.

I agree, I use them a lot.
    I also think Logic's arpeggiator is fantastic, I hope that makes it to iPad.

• @abf said:

@Schmotown said:
    @Jumpercollins I can’t imagine those wouldn’t be included. The built-in MIDI FX are very useful.

I agree, I use them a lot.
    I also think Logic's arpeggiator is fantastic, I hope that makes it to iPad.

Looks pretty nice…