Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason Objekt released

Really cool. So much new this year it's quite overwhelming.

Comments

• Looks really cool!

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Looks really cool!

Yeah it sounds totally awesome, especially the drum parts is just .. jaw-dropping. This is a little bit what I was hoping Klevgränd Tomofon would be. Maybe they (Klevgränd) did too(!?).🤪😂

• @Pxlhg said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Looks really cool!

Yeah it sounds totally awesome, especially the drum parts is just .. jaw-dropping. This is a little bit what I was hoping Klevgränd Tomofon would be. Maybe they (Klevgränd) did too(!?).🤪😂

🤣

• Objekt is good, no polyphonic aftertouch or more in reason yet…
    That would really add to this experience.

Objekt makes great drum sounds, great bells, there were some crazy good keys too. Oh and some killer bass patches!
    I’d give this a 5 for 5

• Not enough of a reason for me to switch to Reason, but the more competition, the merrier.

• Best way to recreate this on iOS?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Best way to recreate this on iOS?

Tomofon with the right samples to work with could take you some distance but not all the way.

• Now that reason is Apple Siliconable, I can use the rack in Ableton. Gave Objekt a test run today and wow, it does not disappoint. Wonderful synth, it’s bell sounds are amazing.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Objekt is good, no polyphonic aftertouch or more in reason yet…
    That would really add to this experience.

Objekt makes great drum sounds, great bells, there were some crazy good keys too. Oh and some killer bass patches!
    I’d give this a 5 for 5

I love it but need to work with it more, see how it feels after that new thing shine has worn off.

• @drez said:
    Now that reason is Apple Siliconable, I can use the rack in Ableton. Gave Objekt a test run today and wow, it does not disappoint. Wonderful synth, it’s bell sounds are amazing.

I'm on Mac Mini M1 and wow what a difference it made, starting up Reason is almost instant. Gonna try some heavier projects in due time..

• @Montreal_Music said:

From what I see, Drambo has the most physical modelling options to get you close.
    It's the only one on iOS that I was able to get similar results as with the physical modelling devices in Ableton Suite.
    Its Modal Resonator for example already has quite a few resonator presets built-in and more will come in the future.

• @rs2000 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

From what I see, Drambo has the most physical modelling options to get you close.
    It's the only one on iOS that I was able to get similar results as with the physical modelling devices in Ableton Suite.
    Its Modal Resonator for example already has quite a few resonator presets built-in and more will come in the future.

I also like using AAS Objeq on iOS. Super fun app (and usefull). Will try it with Drambo.

• @rs2000 said:

Good news!

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I also like using AAS Objeq on iOS. Super fun app (and usefull). Will try it with Drambo.

Yeah that one is very powerful in it's simplicity.

• @Pxlhg said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Tomofon with the right samples to work with could take you some distance but not all the way.

Interesting, are you talking about the more percussive sounds, too? So far I've got Tomofon to play more padlike sounds. Would like to try that. Can you give me some tips on that?

• @tyslothrop1 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Interesting, are you talking about the more percussive sounds, too? So far I've got Tomofon to play more padlike sounds. Would like to try that. Can you give me some tips on that?

I was thinking more in general as Tomofon is modal, BUT, and it's big one: Tomofon is sample based and Objekt is not. They did release some packs where one is percussive and it's pretty cool but a bit pricey. I also have a pack waiting to be finished but there are so many effing new exiting releases all the time so I almost forgot about Tomofon. In due time I will upload to Patchstorage and/or here.

• edited May 2023

Is this a standalone synth or I need Reason with that?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is this a standalone synth or I need Reason with that?

You need, not only Reason, you have to pay for it even so. Reason+ subscribers get it with subscription. I jumped on a discount offer so I have it for a year (and then we'll see)

• Reason makes great synths. I wish they followed through with making all Reason extensions available in IOS, a Web Server, Android, etc. They did the work to enable portability but held back with a new CEO to their cash cow model.

Hopefully, the joy being felt by desktop musician’s that suddenly got IOS capability free from PianoTeq spreads as a business model. Port to IOS and extend the desktop activations to these new systems while growing a new base of users from the effort.

I can dream of a world where hardware capability is more important to software companies than some marketing analysis… PianoTeq did NOT budge an inch on price. NOT ONE INCH. Who doesn’t want new users? At least a dozen new users. :^)

• @McD said:
    Reason makes great synths. I wish they followed through with making all Reason extensions available in IOS, a Web Server, Android, etc. They did the work to enable portability but held back with a new CEO to their cash cow model.

Hopefully, the joy being felt by desktop musician’s that suddenly got IOS capability free from PianoTeq spreads as a business model. Port to IOS and extend the desktop activations to these new systems while growing a new base of users from the effort.

I can dream of a world where hardware capability is more important to software companies than some marketing analysis… PianoTeq did NOT budge an inch on price. NOT ONE INCH. Who doesn’t want new users? At least a dozen new users. :^)

I agree. Reason did a pretty smart move though, with the rack, so any DAW owner can get it as a plugin if you have that kind of money. It's exiting times though with so many things happening to the iOS platform.

• @Pxlhg said:
    It's exiting times though with so many things happening to the iOS platform.

Exiting or Exciting? Probably a typo, right?

• @McD said:

@Pxlhg said:
    It's exiting times though with so many things happening to the iOS platform.

Exiting or Exciting? Probably a typo, right?

Spelling error yes😊

• I played around with Objekt yesterday during my Superbooth visit. I checked lots of presets of differnt types, like plucked, percussive, pad-like, hammerd keys like, flute like, etc and loved the great reaction of the sounds to velocity changes.
    The software instrument is capable of producing sounds that hint or mimic natural instruments, as well as totally strange outer-worldy sounds, or add twists to familiar sounding pyhsical instruments that move the sound into an interesting uncanny valley.

Afterwards i took some time to fiddle around and build an wiered mixture of a blown instrument in combination with inharmonic metallic percussive sound that nevertheless blended well and was very expressive to play using differrnt velocities. I would have saved it :)

I didn‘t understand everything of the UI and the signal flow, but still manged to come up with something personal.

• Hello everybody.
    Here is my demo for Objekt, it’s not a tutorial, there are already some really good ones from Reason.
    This is a big preset surf through many of the different categories, with a little bit of tweaking here and there.

• @Pxlhg said:

@tyslothrop1 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@Montreal_Music said:

I was thinking more in general as Tomofon is modal, BUT, and it's big one: Tomofon is sample based and Objekt is not. They did release some packs where one is percussive and it's pretty cool but a bit pricey. I also have a pack waiting to be finished but there are so many effing new exiting releases all the time so I almost forgot about Tomofon. In due time I will upload to Patchstorage and/or here.

Oh, Tomofon is modal, I didn't know that, I thought of it as a wavetable synth with keyzones. Looking forward to your pack, and maybe I should experiment with shorter envelopes...

• @_ki said:
    I played around with Objekt yesterday during my Superbooth visit. I checked lots of presets of differnt types, like plucked, percussive, pad-like, hammerd keys like, flute like, etc and loved the great reaction of the sounds to velocity changes.
    The software instrument is capable of producing sounds that hint or mimic natural instruments, as well as totally strange outer-worldy sounds, or add twists to familiar sounding pyhsical instruments that move the sound into an interesting uncanny valley.

Afterwards i took some time to fiddle around and build an wiered mixture of a blown instrument in combination with inharmonic metallic percussive sound that nevertheless blended well and was very expressive to play using differrnt velocities. I would have saved it :)

I didn‘t understand everything of the UI and the signal flow, but still manged to come up with something personal.

I been playing around with a bit. I haven't got the time yet to just go through it but I have a year so :D Anyway I'm amazed with it so far. (From the manual signal flow seem quite straight forward.)

• @tyslothrop1 said:
    Oh, Tomofon is modal, I didn't know that, I thought of it as a wavetable synth with keyzones. Looking forward to your pack, and maybe I should experiment with shorter envelopes...

One thing I really love with Tomofon is that you can take a preset and just change modal and without doing more than that you can get something completely new. Also try to import your own short sound/sample and save it as a modal, if it works it works and if not - no biggie! :) Experimenting is fun.

• @Pxlhg Thanks, good advice on experimenting with tomofon. Although I think you're mixing something up. Tomofon extracts models (whatever that means) from samples, but it's not physical modelling and not supposed to get the sounds you can get with object. On iOS an auv3, that does use modal synthesis (modelling a resonator being struck in one way or another by an exciter) is modal from the free spectrum bundle. The UI is not as nice as the one from object, but the sounds can get similar, I suspect.

• @tyslothrop1 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@tyslothrop1 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@Montreal_Music said:

In its core, it's definitely a wavetable synth but Klevgrand have added a few tricks to overcome the typical issues with WT synths like wavetable creation, percussive transient handling and making wavetable scans a safer experience.
    Still, it's neither a physical modelling synth nor is it particularly strong at replicating percussive and noisy transients like you often need them in acoustic instruments.

• @tyslothrop1 said:
    @Pxlhg Thanks, good advice on experimenting with tomofon. Although I think you're mixing something up. Tomofon extracts models (whatever that means) from samples, but it's not physical modelling and not supposed to get the sounds you can get with object. On iOS an auv3, that does use modal synthesis (modelling a resonator being struck in one way or another by an exciter) is modal from the free spectrum bundle. The UI is not as nice as the one from object, but the sounds can get similar, I suspect.

@rs2000 said:

@tyslothrop1 said:

In its core, it's definitely a wavetable synth but Klevgrand have added a few tricks to overcome the typical issues with WT synths like wavetable creation, percussive transient handling and making wavetable scans a safer experience.
    Still, it's neither a physical modelling synth nor is it particularly strong at replicating percussive and noisy transients like you often need them in acoustic instruments.

Oh, I'm sure I'm out of my depth. I do know if you get your sample right Tomofon can sound really good, unfortunately they have not instructed us users very well how to prepare a sample (except some vocal examples and that it has to be mono). Objekt (with a 'kay' please) is so much stronger and it wasn't fair of me comparing them in the first place. Anyway, I'm sorry for the misleading entries. 😬 😊