Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gumdrops * beats so sweet, you're bound to get ill - AB/IAA/midi

This looks like a pretty neat drum sequencer. Kinda like a very expanded version of Figure's drum sequencer, in that you have the spinning rhythm "wheels" w. up to 32 steps patterns, and adjustable velocity settings per step. Something along those lines anyway, unless I misread it all (still early morning here, and the app addiction is already kickn in:(

Does sample import via ACP etc. Free kits available via IAP function. Anyone tried it yet? I'm hovering the purchase button, but trying to hang on for some impressions first. :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gumdrops-*-beats-so-sweet/id732635007?mt=8

Comments

• edited August 2014

I saw this but the descriptive title put me off somewhat. "Beats so sweet, you're bound to get ill"

And the 3 steps to fame and glory

• edited August 2014

I know, the "advertising" is a bit off putting. But the peeps behind it seems like good dudes (that perhaps are trying a bit too hard with the sales lines lol)

• I'll have a demo out in few days for this, I'm on his TestFlight team and its a great app, really versatile and a very intuative and original interface, if your not sure though hang on for the demo

• edited August 2014

Great, thanks Doug, I'll wait for the demo...Or at least I'll try too. How many kits/drums does it come with?

• If there was a promise of 2 steps to fame and glory I might be tempted. 3 steps seems like a lot of work.

• It comes with 7 kits, all great quality

• And you can ACP your own samples or record them in

• I'm looking at the screenshots and only see one line grid (or non grid) which makes a bit more awkward to lay quick beats like in dm1 for instance. Am I right or the full grid is not shown on the screenshots?

• I wonder if this will handle "real" midi sync, and not start over from the beginning when stopped...

• edited August 2014

Here is a short demo:

• Yuck, app descriptions like that make me want to take a shower. Also, the beat in the demo did make me kind of ill, but not in the way that was intended.

But actually, if you strip away that garbage, it's a pretty interesting looking interface. Can anyone tell me what we're looking at here?

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple3/v4/be/a8/d2/bea8d203-7d09-54c4-fd49-9fdc8aeba357/screen480x480.jpeg

Are those step bars for probability, velocity, or can they be for both?

I like the whole live performance aspect, and it has tons of functionality to allow recording of different fills and hits. Pretty neat idea.

$4.99 U.S. and iPad only, for those that didn't click the link. 28.7 MB file size

• Thanks Mister Storm, good quick take.

• @StormJH1 It looks like the top part allows you to trim the sample and the bottom part is velocity control. The description states, "Set the velocity for each step by just dragging across the pattern with your finger."

• Can't see your demo @telecharge

• Just found it on YT. Don't think it brings anything new to the table.

• edited August 2014

Hello, my name is CJ and I'm an appaholic. I wrote that description @_@ and the app Gumdrops. This sort of discussion is really great and I'm so glad that I can connect directly with people that might use something I have sweated over for the last year.

@thinds I like your suggestion. In the next update maybe I'll reduce the number of steps to achieve fame and glory ;)

@supadom you are right that you cannot edit all steps on a grid-like interface. Gumdrops brings something new to drum machines in that this is meant to be "played" not "programmed"

@StormJH1 At the top is the sample name, tap that to browse and load a different sample. Or on the top right load from AudioCopyPaste. Then the waveform allows for trimming and saving as a new sample. You can also tap the circle to record your own sample. The step editor lets you toggle each of the 32 steps and slide along them to set velocity.

• This looks interesting to me at initial first glance. It looks like a combination of Garageband's drums and Figure's drums. It might be useful for getting beat inspiration! :-)

• @cjhanson congrats and good luck!!

• This is actually very nice. Handles 24 bit samples too. 1 question @cjhanson, how do you rename imported samples? Probably obvious but I can't seem to do it.

• Good luck as well, but...why "to be played and not programmed" and not "to be played and ( if anyone wants) programmed?

• Hey @cjhanson, I really liked the way that you thought the app, great playability! My feature request for an update would be midi notes out, so I can control other drum machines with it, so I don't have to use just recorded samples, but a synth drum machine like Stroke Machine for example, or record as midi in Logic or another Daw
    Great work!

• @fjcblanco That would be more accurate to say because you can always open the track for each pad and program in the steps you want.

• @Rafael_laurenti MIDI note out will be ready in the first update that I am working on now.

• @cjhanson said:

Hello, my name is CJ and I'm an appaholic.

congrats on the new app! I hope more music appaholics take to developing innovative apps in order to feed their obsession.

• @thinds Open the sample browser by tapping the name of the sample in the pad editor. Then tap the edit button on the top left, tap on the name of the sample you want to rename and the keyboard will show and let you rename it.

• Yep, I knew it would be obvious. I love the way you can edit and sequence individual samples and pads within the groups. You really can get some wild things happening. It would be a bonus if you were able to normalize samples in the editor.

Great app and a lot deeper than I originally thought.

• @thinds Definitely normalization would be a great addition. Thanks for the kind remarks. App store reviews are greatly appreciated as well.

• Review done

• Cool, fair deal @cjhanson