Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NOISES bank share thread… Share your banks, if you like.

Comments

• edited May 2023

An example of a couple banks in action.

• edited May 2023

Another Noise bank. The link should work now, the file was inadvertently restricted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lp2AGOKAmsIVnhde-4WLZOlthb54RcNO/view?usp=share_link

• @day_empire said:
    Another Noise bank. The link should work now, the file was inadvertently restricted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lp2AGOKAmsIVnhde-4WLZOlthb54RcNO/view?usp=share_link

Thanks for this!!!! My preset bank is getting big!!

• @sevenape said:

@day_empire said:

Thanks for this!!!! My preset bank is getting big!

Good! Glad they are of use.

• @sevenape said:
    Just a note, you can import a bank of 8 samples directly from the zip created when you export from koala sampler… I presume any zip file of 8 samples will work. You can then add pictures and dexcriptions. This is quicker than creating a custom bank in app.

TOP TIP!

Thank you.

• edited June 2023

Here's some crazy weird guitar stuff with lots of FX. I created 4 banks with one preset each.

The samples of banks 2 and 3 were made within about an hour with Aum, Tonex for iPad and some FX plug-ins.
    Were actually meant as a test, but what the heck... Next time I'll take more time.

Samples of banks 1 and 4 I created over 20 years ago (bank 1 was put through the wringer with Prosoniq SonicWork on a PowerMac) and never used them, until now.

First import the individual banks, then the individual presets (do NOT unpack the preset zips). The presets then end up under "User".
    When you select a preset, the corresponding bank should be loaded (preset "Guitar Psych 1" loads bank "Guitar Psych 1",
    preset "Guitar Psych 2" loads bank "Guitar Psych 2" and so on). If not, for whatever reason, load the appropriate bank for the preset
    and then overwrite the preset.

Note: for presets 2, 3 and 4 the trip speed is set to 32 or 64 and all samples are activated. If you activate only a few samples, it is recommended to reduce the speed (e.g. 8). Experimenting with Max Crossfade Time is sometimes helpful too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iYeIq8eoKRwV1NsETWanF2rmrJSsJFuG/view?usp=share_link

The first time ever that I share something via Dropbox, so don't beat me if the download doesn't work right away 😀

• @ZankFrappa said:
    Here's some crazy weird guitar stuff with lots of FX. I created 4 banks with one preset each.

The samples of banks 2 and 3 were made within about an hour with Aum, Tonex for iPad and some FX plug-ins.
    Were actually meant as a test, but what the heck... Next time I'll take more time.

Samples of banks 1 and 4 I created over 20 years ago (bank 1 was put through the wringer with Prosoniq SonicWork on a PowerMac) and never used them, until now.

First import the individual banks, then the individual presets (do NOT unpack the preset zips). The presets then end up under "User".
    When you select a preset, the corresponding bank should be loaded (preset "Guitar Psych 1" loads bank "Guitar Psych 1",
    preset "Guitar Psych 2" loads bank "Guitar Psych 2" and so on). If not, for whatever reason, load the appropriate bank for the preset

Note: for presets 2, 3 and 4 the trip speed is set to 32 or 64 and all samples are activated. If you activate only a few samples, it is recommended to reduce the speed (e.g. 8). Experimenting with Max Crossfade Time is sometimes helpful too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iYeIq8eoKRwV1NsETWanF2rmrJSsJFuG/view?usp=share_link

The first time ever that I share something via Dropbox, so don't beat me if the download doesn't work right away 😀

Download and Installation went well, @ZankFrappa . Very nice banks and presets. Thank you!

• @ZankFrappa said:

Brilliant! All working and some seriously mental sounds!

• Thanks for the feedback, good to hear that everything is working.
    BTW, this thread should be moved to the new Patch Sharing category
    https://forum.audiob.us/categories/patch-sharing

• @ZankFrappa said:
    Thanks for the feedback, good to hear that everything is working.
    BTW, this thread should be moved to the new Patch Sharing category
    https://forum.audiob.us/categories/patch-sharing

Agreed a mod has to do it right!? @thesoundtestroom @Synthwidow

• @sevenape I have moved it to Patch Sharing😊
    If anyone else finds threads that should be moved to Patch Sharing, please let me know.
    Doug

• edited June 2023

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @sevenape I have moved it to Patch Sharing😊
    If anyone else finds threads that should be moved to Patch Sharing, please let me know.
    Doug

Just typed "presets" in the search box.
    Are you sure you want to move them all? That looks like a lot of work 😇

• Thanks Doug!!

• Excellent.

• Anybody interested in moving this to PatchStorage? I can’t seem to get a Discord invite.

• Really love these sounds, so exotic and glitchy! Thanks for sharing!!

• @blinkingnintendo said:

Really love these sounds, so exotic and glitchy! Thanks for sharing!!

Yes they are great! Thanks!!

• This thread is such a gold mine! Thanks everyone

• GUBGUB
    edited June 2023

Is there an ideal length for samples, or a maximum length/file size that should be observed? I assume the files themselves can be any format, even mixed, but someone please correct me if necessary.

*Edit: I appear to have my answers, except for the max file size one. Probably like anything, as long as you want but performance may eventuall suffer

• I'm trying to create banks and import them, but am running into problems. Unless I'm mistaken, the samples have to be zipped, but they should not be in a folder inside the zip file Otherwise they won't import.. Is that right? . Both the files app and koala enclose zip files in a folder before compressing, as far as I can tell. What's the quickest, hopefully native, way to zip files on Ios without packaging them that way, if that indeed is my stumbling block

• @GUB said:
    I'm trying to create banks and import them, but am running into problems. Unless I'm mistaken, the samples have to be zipped, but they should not be in a folder inside the zip file Otherwise they won't import.. Is that right? . Both the files app and koala enclose zip files in a folder before compressing, as far as I can tell. What's the quickest, hopefully native, way to zip files on Ios without packaging them that way, if that indeed is my stumbling block

If you export a bank of 8 samples from koala it should import the created zip file without a problem, I'm sorry I haven't tried with any other technique

• @GUB said:
    I'm trying to create banks and import them, but am running into problems. Unless I'm mistaken, the samples have to be zipped, but they should not be in a folder inside the zip file Otherwise they won't import.. Is that right? . Both the files app and koala enclose zip files in a folder before compressing, as far as I can tell. What's the quickest, hopefully native, way to zip files on Ios without packaging them that way, if that indeed is my stumbling block

For the files app, go into the folder containing the 8 wav files. Then do select. Then select the 8 wav files (and optionally a jpg and a txt file). Then compress. You get archive.zip out. It has no internal folder in it. Rename this. Then import it into Noises using the import option via the hamburger icon in Noises (upper right).

• @sevenape said:

@GUB said:

If you export a bank of 8 samples from koala it should import the created zip file without a problem, I'm sorry I haven't tried with any other technique

@sevenape said:

@GUB said:

Ok, will try again.. thanks!

• @circledsquare said:

@GUB said:

For the files app, go into the folder containing the 8 wav files. Then do select. Then select the 8 wav files (and optionally a jpg and a txt file). Then compress. You get archive.zip out. It has no internal folder in it. Rename this. Then import it into Noises using the import option via the hamburger icon in Noises (upper right).

OK. Will give it anoyher shot. Thanks!