Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro 1.1 is here!

Comments

• @tja said:

@Kashi said:

@Pxlhg said:

@Kashi said:
    I just updated on the app store, but wasn’t asked for my Apple ID or anything…..presumably if we want to update to this new version we get some kind of heads up? I mean, by casually clicking “update” just now, I haven’t given Apple permission to charge my card right?

Open the app and you'll see. Top right.

Ok gotcha. So you can only activate this paid update from within the app?
    Thanks @Pxlhg

It's a regular IAP and you will see a notification within the App, including the list of available features - in case you purchased at least one year before.
    Otherwise, those should be free for you!

Cool. Thanks!

• And if you update and you don’t see any badge with new features, then it’s already free for you and unlocked ready to go

• If I haven't purchased the IAP I will do so. This update will get me back into LP for at least 1-2 Ambient pieces for sure! ☺️

• The replace feature is a small yet welcome feature. Thank you.

• Nice update! As a tape music fan I really dig the varispeed option. The radiobuttons are excellent to create some performance screens without the actual AU plug-in in sight. What is not clear to me is the copy option: I can copy an action to the clipboard but cannot past it to a new action. It would be a bit more user friendly to have that option instead of going through the lists again and again.

• Awesome! Thanks for everything @Michael and all the love you’ve put into Loopy Pro!

• Tremendous update. Been waiting on this a long time. Congrats on the release.

• Okay then, time for me to dive in. I'll be purchasing right off the bat because even if Loopy Pro isn't right for me, you deserve to be supported for this amazing work, Michael.

Congratulations on the release!

• @Michael is there a way to avoid the snap points in the varispeed slider?

• @Bietfriek said:
    Nice update! As a tape music fan I really dig the varispeed option. The radiobuttons are excellent to create some performance screens without the actual AU plug-in in sight. What is not clear to me is the copy option: I can copy an action to the clipboard but cannot past it to a new action. It would be a bit more user friendly to have that option instead of going through the lists again and again.

You can paste into a new action. Tap in the section where you want to paste

• @Grandbear said:
    @Michael is there a way to avoid the snap points in the varispeed slider?

I assume you mean in the clip settings screen.
    You can add a slider widget, then set it's action to adjust the rate. The slider shouldn't have any snap points.

• @Michael said:

@jacou said:
    Hey @Michael congratulations on the 1.1 update!

Here’s a little side question:
    It would be very handy to also have a lightweight easy to use Loopy AUv3 to be hostet in other DAWs on iPad with a few more features and more than one loop compared to Enso (still my go to looper AUv3). Maybe even sold as a separate app. I feel you could easily establish a new standard in that area.

Is there anything like that planned?

I’m afraid I don’t understand the question! Can you tell me a bit more?

Sorry for being confusing. If I understand it right Loopy Pro is only a host application. But I'd love to see a lighter/simpler Loopy Pro version as a AUv3 plugin that can be hosted in other application (AUM etc). Something like Audio Damage Enso but a bit more advanced with better control. Is there anything planned?
    I hope that makes better sense now :)

• @jacou said:

@Michael said:

@jacou said:

It would be very handy to also have a lightweight easy to use Loopy AUv3 to be hostet in other DAWs on iPad with a few more features and more than one loop compared to Enso (still my go to looper AUv3). Maybe even sold as a separate app. I feel you could easily establish a new standard in that area.

Sorry for being confusing. If I understand it right Loopy Pro is only a host application. But I'd love to see a lighter/simpler Loopy Pro version as a AUv3 plugin that can be hosted in other application (AUM etc). Something like Audio Damage Enso but a bit more advanced with better control. Is there anything planned?

Loopy Pro runs as an AUv3.

• @wim said:

@Grandbear said:
    @Michael is there a way to avoid the snap points in the varispeed slider?

I assume you mean in the clip settings screen.
    You can add a slider widget, then set it's action to adjust the rate. The slider shouldn't have any snap points.

Yeah that's what I was referring to, thanks!

• @jacou said:

@Michael said:

@jacou said:

You can create a simple template and load it as an AUv3! As of today’s update, it also supports multiple input/output. I haven’t gone too deep with it yet but I created a simple 4-in / 4-out looper in AUM that is quite fun.

• edited May 2023

Since the new update Loopy Pro won’t load for me. It starts opening, a dialog box comes up but it disappears to quickly to read after that a loading cycle animation appears and nothing happens.
    I’ve already rebooted my device. Ipad (8. gen.) ipados 16.4.1a
    On my IPhone 13 Pro it loads as normal. @Michael

Edit:
    I opened an old project in the Loopy Pro Files folder and it did load fine, I created a new project, closed it and launched loopy again and the created project loaded without a problem. So seems like that fixed it for me :)

• @Nathi94 said:
    Since the new update Loopy Pro won’t load for me. It starts opening, a dialog box comes up but it disappears to quickly to read after that a loading cycle animation appears and nothing happens.

What happens if you delete or change the name of the workspace project you in the Loopy Pro folder?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Nathi94 said:

What happens if you delete or change the name of the workspace project you in the Loopy Pro folder?

The same happens on both methods. Loopy creates a new workspace file after that. But I opened an old project in the same folder and it did load fine, I created a new project, closed it and launched loopy again and the created project loaded without a problem. So seems like that fixed it for me :)

• Great, now I’m looking forward to seeing a more detailed video of the new features

• @Jeezs said:
    ...the most powerful daw on iOS.

Well that lasted a day ;)

Seriously though, congratulations @Michael on one of the premier music apps on iOS, looking forward to checking out the new features!

• @mjm1138 said:

@Jeezs said:

Seriously though, congratulations @Michael on one of the premier music apps on iOS, looking forward to checking out the new features!

Ok! so the most innovative DAW on iOS !

• @Jeezs said:

@mjm1138 said:

@Jeezs said:

Ok! so the most innovative DAW on iOS !

Agreed

• @jrjulius said:

@jacou said:

@Michael said:

@jacou said:

You can create a simple template and load it as an AUv3! As of today’s update, it also supports multiple input/output. I haven’t gone too deep with it yet but I created a simple 4-in / 4-out looper in AUM that is quite fun.

Thank you for clarifying also to @espiegel123 I didn’t know that. That is great news!! :)

• @mjm1138 said:

@Jeezs said:

🤣

• @Michael I hope your APPLE store woes are over forever and they manage to not mess with you the next time.

Do they not know who you are... ;)

• Thank you @Michael for all your hard work! 👍
    Excellent update!! 😺🌈🎸🎛🚀🎧💗

• Congrats on the release! I'm going through the trial now to test out the new features and reverse, which was one of my must-haves for a looping app.

Quick question though, is it not possible to do multi-output to an interface when running standalone? I can see the individual inputs from my Model 12, but the outputs are constrained to 1+2 only. Is this intended? Something planned for the next update?

• @hpc said:
    Congrats on the release! I'm going through the trial now to test out the new features and reverse, which was one of my must-haves for a looping app.

Quick question though, is it not possible to do multi-output to an interface when running standalone? I can see the individual inputs from my Model 12, but the outputs are constrained to 1+2 only. Is this intended? Something planned for the next update?

Loopy can send to any outputs available on the interface that the OS sees.

Does AUM or another host see all the outputs?

There are some multi-output interfaces who only publish stereo output when using a class compliant driver.

If an interface publishes all its outputs via the class compliant driver, the OS will see them.

• @espiegel123 said:

@hpc said:
    Congrats on the release! I'm going through the trial now to test out the new features and reverse, which was one of my must-haves for a looping app.

There are some multi-output interfaces who only publish stereo output when using a class compliant driver.

If an interface publishes all its outputs via the class compliant driver, the OS will see them.

AUM does indeed see them! The issue was that I hadn’t set the sampling rate on LP to be the same as what the Model 12 was expecting. All sorted now, thank you.

• @hpc said:

@espiegel123 said:

@hpc said:

AUM does indeed see them! The issue was that I hadn’t set the sampling rate on LP to be the same as what the Model 12 was expecting. All sorted now, thank you.

Ooh that’s useful info! Now I know what to look for if it happens to anyone else! Thanks for reporting in