Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Model D6 by GSi (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/model-d6/id6443897794

Main features:

• Physical Modeling engine (no samples)
  • Full Polyphony (60 strings)
  • Authentic string sympathetic resonances
  • Authentic recreation of the 4 D6 filters
  • Two Pickups with adjustable positions
  • Authentic damper lever
  • String quality setting
  • Hammer Tip quality setting
    Wool damper quality setting (Release length)

• Responds to pitch bender (Whammy bar mod)

• Responds to aftertouch (string tapping
    overpressure)

• Built-in Wah-Wah effect modeled after the
    famous JH-1 pedal

• Wah-Wah can be modulated by LFO, Dynamics or via Midi CC message

• Built-in Phaser effect modeled after the famous Phase 90 pedal
  • Built-in Amplifier simulator with 5 models (Twin, JCM, AC, RJC and Bass)
    • Amp Distortion and pickup feedback

• Built-in Stereo Delay effect

• Built-in Stereo Reverb effect
  • Built-in programmer with unlimited Programs
  • Embedded user's' manual
  • Available as Stand-alone application and audio plugin
  • Very low CPU and RAM usage

Comments

• You forgot the most important part Nino - wtf is it lol:

Model D6
    Physical Modeling Clavinet D6
    Genuine Soundware
    $19.99

Description
    Go to the GSi website for audio and video demo.

GSi Model D6 is a physical modeling emulation of a Hohner Clavinet D6.

INSTRUMENT BACKGROUND

It was back in the fifties when German inventor Ernst Zacharias invented one of the funkiest keyboards of all times. At first the intention was to make a portable version of a harpsichord, but it soon turned into one of the most used keyboards in rock and pop music. You will certainly recognize it in the famous pop song "Superstition", and in many other funky tunes of the seventies. Many police and investigation story movies and TV shows of the 70's and the early 80's had music themes based on funky accompaniments made with the D6, a slap bass and drums. This instrument can reproduce the sound of an electric guitar and can be treated with the same effects used by guitarists (wah-wah, distortion, phaser, chorus, etc.) for both rhythmic and melodic textures, since it is actually based on a set of 60 strings and two humbucker pickups very similar to those used in electric guitars.

The sound engine of GSi Model D6 comes from the exact same code that powers the GSi Gemini and the Crumar Seven as well as the Crumar Mojo 61. Some more parameters have been added to the model in order to make the instrument sound even more versatile and adjustable to personal taste.

• Whoa, arrived just after PianoTeq…
    Maybe a cheaper solution for Hohner Clavinet with still a good quality.

• Would be very curious how this compares to the Pianoteq Clavinet, which is lovely

• @Gavinski said:
    Would be very curious how this compares to the Pianoteq Clavinet, which is lovely

My bad on the description 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Oh wow crazy timing. I’m definitely curious about this one. If anything I’m happy there’s more physical modeling coming to iOS.

• @HotStrange said:
    Oh wow crazy timing. I’m definitely curious about this one. If anything I’m happy there’s more physical modeling coming to iOS.

Worth pointing out tho that if you have a clavinet as part of pianoteq stage, it will likely be much more tweakable than this

• Sounds good!

• I can’t remember the last time I heard a new piece of music that used a clavinet. All of a sudden 2 have appeared.

• Tremendous for this price instabuy don’t need to sell a kidney to buy PianoTeq and I get it also as a VST on my destop MacBook M1 .

Physical modelling is top , even far better tha what I got as clarinet or organ that I in my Yamaha PSRx 600. I don’t know what use Yamaha but certainly not physical modeling in PSRxx harware.

• This is super sweet - I've been waiting for this one. To date no one has released a full blown clavinet app with all the pickup options, etc. so this is the first. I've been using Numa Player and NSKS2 for clav sounds and while they definitely get the job done, I've never been super thrilled at either of them. Numa is limited, since the focus is not just clav but a number of other instruments as well (and it is a great app if for no other reason than it's FREE and covers a lot of ground with the different tones). NSKS2 sounds solid, but it's just missing something for me. There's a few tones I struggle to milk out of it, and... yeah, just not what I always am wanting.

This is great, and the effects and amp sims are just a bonus. Super instabuy and definitely fills a gap for me. If someone puts out a Wurlitzer EP app that sounds good, then I may just kick NSKS2 to the curb for good... ;)

• I bought it and I bought also the modelled Animal wheel organ from GSI for less than 50 usd . I need just they regaled on iOS à modelled grand piano.

Both tremendous capabilities and sounds on a 25 key keyboard and same quality than what you can expect from pianioTeq for only 50 usd. The modelled piano bank is only 100 usd for Mac on their website and should come on iOS as PianoTeq offer nearly the same on ios.

The competition is open and definitely for my use and Leisure GSI offer the same quality as PianoTeq for clavinet for a tiny Portion of PianoTeq and it very high pricing model.

I wait just to have from GSI modelled piano.

• @LeeB said:
    I can’t remember the last time I heard a new piece of music that used a clavinet. All of a sudden 2 have appeared.

Time for a big comeback!

• @LeeB said:
    I can’t remember the last time I heard a new piece of music that used a clavinet. All of a sudden 2 have appeared.

I think this just depends on the music you are listening to. ;)

• What are you using for EP?

@Daveypoo said:
    This is super sweet - I've been waiting for this one. To date no one has released a full blown clavinet app with all the pickup options, etc. so this is the first. I've been using Numa Player and NSKS2 for clav sounds and while they definitely get the job done, I've never been super thrilled at either of them. Numa is limited, since the focus is not just clav but a number of other instruments as well (and it is a great app if for no other reason than it's FREE and covers a lot of ground with the different tones). NSKS2 sounds solid, but it's just missing something for me. There's a few tones I struggle to milk out of it, and... yeah, just not what I always am wanting.

This is great, and the effects and amp sims are just a bonus. Super instabuy and definitely fills a gap for me. If someone puts out a Wurlitzer EP app that sounds good, then I may just kick NSKS2 to the curb for good... ;)

• @audiobussy I primarily use VTines for Rhodes - I really like the tone of it straight out of the box as it sounds both like the physical Rhodes I used to own and the Rhodes tone in my head. I still use NSKS2 when I want something a bit different or if I want a Wurlitzer rather than a Rhodes, but VTines is my go-to 90% of the time.

• GSi is #1 in terms of physical modeling (and at a very reasonable price. )

• I have (and love) all 3 of their modeled organs: VB3m, Compact DeLuxe, and Red Animal. I just added this to my wish list. GSi has some decent bundles (discount on multiple apps). Hopefully this will be part of a new bundle soon.

• @Daveypoo said:

@LeeB said:

I think this just depends on the music you are listening to. ;)

Most probably, but in general music/chart type stuff, it does seem quite rare to me. Played properly it can sound great.

@NeuM said:

@LeeB said:

Time for a big comeback!

Maybe 😉

• No iPhone support…looks like I’m saving my App Store gift card for another day!

• @Fear2Stop said:
    No iPhone support…looks like I’m saving my App Store gift card for another day!

Yes, that's odd. They haven't included iPhone support for their recent apps (but earlier apps do).

• @Daveypoo said:
    @audiobussy I primarily use VTines for Rhodes - I really like the tone of it straight out of the box as it sounds both like the physical Rhodes I used to own and the Rhodes tone in my head. I still use NSKS2 when I want something a bit different or if I want a Wurlitzer rather than a Rhodes, but VTines is my go-to 90% of the time.

For Wurlitzer, I really like the Wurley in-app purchase from Module Pro. It often goes on sale for $9.99 USD.
    The Scarbee EP-88M is a good Rhodes option too.

• What's the CPU usage like?

• @espiegel123 said:
    What's the CPU usage like?

For D6 it is pretty light on my IPad Pro 4 ios 16 but I use it standalone.

• @espiegel123 said:
    What's the CPU usage like?

GSi's modeled instruments are tiny and efficient.

• edited May 2023

Important : When you want to buy an instrument from GSI it is important to read the technical description as some are physical modèled and some are sampled ones that make a huge difference and heard demo on their website.

I choose now only physical modeled instruments.

D6 is physical modeled clavinet , as is the clavinet in PianoTeq 8

• @BerlinFx said:
    I bought it and I bought also the modelled Animal wheel organ from GSI for less than 50 usd . I need just they regaled on iOS à modelled grand piano.

Both tremendous capabilities and sounds on a 25 key keyboard and same quality than what you can expect from pianioTeq for only 50 usd. The modelled piano bank is only 100 usd for Mac on their website and should come on iOS as PianoTeq offer nearly the same on ios.

The competition is open and definitely for my use and Leisure GSI offer the same quality as PianoTeq for clavinet for a tiny Portion of PianoTeq and it very high pricing model.

The Pianoteq Clavinet comes as part of the Pianoteq Hohner bundle which actually includes 4 instruments for 50 bucks - clavinet, 2 pianets and and electra. Plus you have the ability to use them on iOS and desktop. The price is reasonable.

• @Gavinski said:

@BerlinFx said:
    I bought it and I bought also the modelled Animal wheel organ from GSI for less than 50 usd . I need just they regaled on iOS à modelled grand piano.

The Pianoteq Clavinet comes as part of the Pianoteq Hohner bundle which actually includes 4 instruments for 50 bucks - clavinet, 2 pianets and and electra. Plus you have the ability to use them on iOS and desktop. The price is reasonable.

Well, not strictly 50 bucks as you first have to buy the Stage license at 119 (UK £). Since that comes with two instrument bundles of your choice, those initial ones effectively cost £59.50 each. After that you can buy additional instrument bundles at £44.99 each.

• edited May 2023

@Gavinski said:

@BerlinFx said:

Not in my case I wanted the modeled clavinet ( can be use for classic use or experimental as you know) and a nice modeled wheel organ first before a piano and pure piano was ok , with PianoTeq pricing model it was over 270 usd standard licence . Anyway not for me this month.

I know you can use a free demo but I was willing to buy it and haven’t other priorities like holidays on mu budget, I have a wife that want to travel Too … this is life my dear @Gavinski when you are not alone.

• @LeeB said:

Definitely still used on rock and funk records. Literally in the studio with a band using a real one right now.