Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can I do that? And if so, how?

Well, here is what I want to do: I want to play a short melody on one of my synth apps, record the MIDI data of what I'm playing, edit the data and make an Audio-Loop of what I played to use it in Beatmaker2. And, since I don't really know much about Midi Routing, I want to do that in a simple way. (Like I can do it with the Eden Synth in Nanostudio - Play -edit - on to the next Loop)...I'm trying to Figure Out how to do that for weeks now, but I don't really get there..can someone help me? Isthere an app like asimple midi sequencer, understandable like littlemidi but with more possibilities? Can it be done weithin beatmaker (I beliebe it can be done, but I it'stoo complicated for me....)?

Comments

• I don't own beat maker but I'm pretty sure that the right path. You'd do something like midi out from BM to synth app and then audiobus from the synth to an audio track in BM. Or something. Some one who actually has a clue will be by soon. :)

• edited March 2013

@Martinj You sure can do that in Beat Maker 2. I'll try to explain. I'll use iFretless as the example, just sub in the name of the synth you want whenever I say iFretless.

-Open audiobus
    -Open BM2 in output slot
    -Open ifretless in input slot
    -Open whatever effect app you want in effect slot
    -In BM2 open the main options (gear thingy)
    -select midi setup and make sure ifretless is in the output column and "on"
    -Open iFretless and turn midi input on and select omni as the channel (for now, later with more synths you can use different channels)
    -Go back to BM2
    -Open a new keyboard sampler with "empty preset" or whatever you want
    -Open a new audio chanel, click the "audio" button, select ifretless input, input monitoring on and arm recording

That's it, now just play what you want on the Keyboard Sampler keyboard and it'll go through iFretless and record both the audio and the midi in BM2 (as long as both things are armed to record).. Or you can just write the midi in BM2 midi editor and not have to play at all, just program and send it to iFretless.

does that help?

• Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping for...a step-by-step explanation that I fully understand :) (since I don't really understand some of the posts in the "midi" thread...)
    Thanks a Lot!

• Nice. No probs. Give me a shout if you have more probs. :-)