Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hey all…. Help with Bluetooth midi from ipad to Mac

Hey all…. Long time no speak. I have been lurking, and getting my life back together things are going well…. Lots of great advice from you all!!! So thank you.

I have been spending a lot of time on my MacBook and recently jumping back into ableton.

Can someone help me …. I have tried and looked.

I want to be able to send mid specific from Riffler in AUM and capture that Midi or record it in ableton. I know Jonathan is working on a Mac version, but I should be able to do this???

Thanks!!!!
Charlie

Comments

• @onerez said:
    Hey all…. Long time no speak. I have been lurking, and getting my life back together things are going well…. Lots of great advice from you all!!! So thank you.

I have been spending a lot of time on my MacBook and recently jumping back into ableton.

Can someone help me …. I have tried and looked.

I want to be able to send mid specific from Riffler in AUM and capture that Midi or record it in ableton. I know Jonathan is working on a Mac version, but I should be able to do this???

Thanks!!!!
    Charlie

It's a little bit involved with the Mac. Much easier between iOS devices.

1. On the Mac find and open the Audio MIDI setup app. It's usually in Utilities in the launcher.
    2. In the taskbar go to Window > Show MIDI Studio
    3. At the top-left of that window click the Bluetooth icon.
    4. Click Advertise
    5. Now go to AUM's bluetooth connection > Central dialog and you should see the MacBook available to connect to.
    6. In Ableton the iPad will now show as an available connection. And the MacBook should be available for outing in AUM.
    7. As with the iOS, you have to repeat these steps whenever the connection is dropped.

iDAM (midi over USB) is another option. You can enable that in Audio MIDI setup (step 1) without having to go through the additional steps.

• @wim Thanks sir. Will give it a go.