Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

which desktop plugins are you looking forward to in 2023?

I'm often checking the Delta-V site to see if SpaceCraft desktop is Apple silicon native yet.

I'm looking forward to Wave Alchemy Triaz becoming a plugin that doesn't need Kontakt player. That should be here this summer. Wave Alchemy create my favorite drum samples.

Finally this fall Sonic Charge will hopefully release Synplant 2. I'm excited about that.

What are you looking forward to? What is on the horizon that will be worth checking out?

Comments

• Zebra 3

• That will be interesting!
    u-he make excellent plugins.

• edited May 2023

@qryss said:
    Zebra 3

I second that. I think the best synths on desktop are made by U-He. The filters and oscillators are by far the most analog sounding (if that’s your thing).

Zebra 2 which has been out for 10 years or so (I think) and is still an absolute monster (and only 99 eur). Not to mention it’s Hans Zimmers favourite soft synth. I can only imagine what v3 will be like.

• edited May 2023

EZKeys 2 is coming May 16th and I'm looking very forward :) .. oh and a new version of VPS Avenger is also announced

• What is the best granular synth on desktop?

• @cabo said:
    EZKeys 2 is coming May 16th and I'm looking very forward :) .. oh and a new version of VPS Avenger is also announced

I loved Philta XL when I had a windows computer. I wish they would update all their plugins to silicon native. Avenger is silicon native, I believe, so that's cool.

• @cuscolima said:
    What is the best granular synth on desktop?

That's a good question. I don't know, for me it depends so much on the UI. I'm excited for SpaceCraft because I already know and love it so well on iPad.

I've been meaning to check out Traktion Biotek and Glitchmachines Palindrome (apparently I like a blue/purple color scheme), but I think there are quite a few others.

• Zebra 3 has been my most anticipated desk top synth for a few years now. All the free updates to Zebra 2 have helped. The Native Instruments NKS update was a treat for Maschine owners and they gave away Dark Zebra and tonnes of great patches too. The skins are so much better these days too. Urs is only asking Zebra 2 owners for £30 for the update, which is very generous. Been checking in to the U-he section of KVR every few months for years to see if there’s been any progress and it does now smell quite close. An ambitious project for sure.

• I should point out that the £30 upgrade path from Zebra 2 to Zebra 3 is no longer available.

• Really looking forward to Synplant 2, the AI sound generation + Synplants weird ass way of making sounds is going to be a lot of fun.

Also really pumped for Zebra 3. Zebra sounds incredible, and is relatively easy to program. Looking forward to seeing what tricks they have up their sleeves for V3

• Now I've gotten an urge to explore Zebra 2 before the new version arrives.

I see Zebra 2 Legacy for $99.00 US on the u-he site. When u-he say Zebra Legacy is "Zebra 2 and all the sounds" are they referring to the updated 500 factory presets or does Zebra Legacy include all the Zebra 2 soundsets?

• @cabo said:

EzKeys 2 look great…

• @abf ALL the sound sets. theres tons of presets, including the Dark Zebra soundbank, which was designed by hans zimmer, and has some insane presets if your into that sort of thing. Stuff from The Dark Knight included.

• Dark Zebra has Diva filters added

• Zébra 3 as VST work well into Logic Pro X ?

• Should do. It’s not out yet. Zebra 2 works best in a Maschine MK3 imo as all the controls are well mapped and ready to go. a complex and versatile semi modular synth that is at the same time friendly. Lots of great patches.

• @scrape said:
    Should do. It’s not out yet. Zebra 2 works best in a Maschine MK3 imo as all the controls are well mapped and ready to go. a complex and versatile semi modular synth that is at the same time friendly. Lots of great patches.

Thanks for your help

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @abf ALL the sound sets. theres tons of presets, including the Dark Zebra soundbank, which was designed by hans zimmer, and has some insane presets if your into that sort of thing. Stuff from The Dark Knight included.

Wow, that's great. I'm one wall away from having painted our entire home, I already laid new floors, I have a sore arm, and a headache from paint fumes. I'll be finished with the whole remodel by Wednesday (it's been two weeks so far). Then I am going to buy Zebra 2, sit on my awesome new porch chair, relax, and explore Zebra music for two days straight!

• @cuscolima said:
    What is the best granular synth on desktop?

Depends what you are after but the two Dawesome synths - Abyss and Novum are amazing.

Also Phase Plant.

• @scrape said:
    Should do. It’s not out yet. Zebra 2 works best in a Maschine MK3 imo as all the controls are well mapped and ready to go. a complex and versatile semi modular synth that is at the same time friendly. Lots of great patches.

What about my old Maschine OG?

• What is the best website to... Let's say, a AppSliced but for VST?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@scrape said:

Should be ok as long as your main OS isn’t too new. I have an OG Maschine as well but it’s not supported anymore, nor is my Kore 2 or my OG Traktor S4 or my Rig Kontrol 2. I’ve learnt my lesson with NI 😂

• I’ve been excited at how these sort of virtual room mixing vsts have been evolving like the stuff from Acustica. Nothing in particular but I’m just really looking forward to how stuff like that will keep getting better and better. I just really need to get an upgraded machine now to keep up with the tech

• Honestly, I thought Zebralette was one of the most exciting thing to be sown at Superbooth this year:

Got that Gamechangier feeling…

• @scrape said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@scrape said:

Should be ok as long as your main OS isn’t too new. I have an OG Maschine as well but it’s not supported anymore, nor is my Kore 2 or my OG Traktor S4 or my Rig Kontrol 2. I’ve learnt my lesson with NI 😂

I use Maschine MK1 with Windows 11 and all my NI softwares works great with my hardware.

• @scrape said:
    Honestly, I thought Zebralette was one of the most exciting thing to be sown at Superbooth this year:

Got that Gamechangier feeling…

Zebralette = Zebra 3?
    Do we have a date?

• You should be ok then but I use a Mac. Zebralette is the free stripped down version of Zebra that they give away with Computer Music

• edited May 2023

Zebra 3 and Bohemian Viola.
    Oh and of course Synplant 2....https://soniccharge.com/synplant2