Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blueboard not pairing in B or C mode

Suddenly, my Blueboard won’t pair to my iPad when the Blueboard is in either B or C mode. When I try to connect, the LED stops flashing briefly while the MIDI Bluetooth panel says “connecting “. Then the LED starts flashing again and the panel shows it as Not Connected (but available).

If I launch the Blueboard app, I can connect to it in mode A.

Has anyone encountered this?

I checked and Bluetooth permissions have been granted.

I’ve taken the batteries out in the hope that it will right itself overnight.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2023

@espiegel123 said:
    Suddenly, my Blueboard won’t pair to my iPad when the Blueboard is in either B or C mode. When I try to connect, the LED stops flashing briefly while the MIDI Bluetooth panel says “connecting “. Then the LED starts flashing again and the panel shows it as Not Connected (but available).

If I launch the Blueboard app, I can connect to it in mode A.

Has anyone encountered this?

I checked and Bluetooth permissions have been granted.

I’ve taken the batteries out in the hope that it will right itself overnight.

It got jealous that you were playing with network midi over USB cable today.

• This problem was weird. The Blueboard was pairing fine with my iPhone. I paired my iPad to my iPhone and that worked. After that I was able to start pairing with the Blueboard again. Weird (and in case anyone wonders power-cycling the iPad didn't fix things.)

• Back when I was messing with BLE Midi and home-built controllers, I learned that there's a connections cache and that this can become corrupted or just need to be reset (in my case because I changed the id of the controller in code). I forget the conditions that forced a reset, but I'm guessing that something in the changing of pairings triggered that for you.

• @wim said:
    Back when I was messing with BLE Midi and home-built controllers, I learned that there's a connections cache and that this can become corrupted or just need to be reset (in my case because I changed the id of the controller in code). I forget the conditions that forced a reset, but I'm guessing that something in the changing of pairings triggered that for you.

Probably so. Interestingly, forget the device had no impact