Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth Is Released!

Comments

• @drewinnit said:
    The FX seem reluctant to load, needs a few taps for the touch to register. where should I be pushing? The centre of the rectangle?

Love the per oscillator filter options, the fact you can choose some to be in serial and others not is great!

Don’t worry, I also struggled to figure out the drag mechanic without asking here

• Nice synth.

The save button dosent work until you close Drambo. Then it might work when you relaunch Drambo.

• @sigma79 said:
    The save button dosent work until you close Drambo. Then it might work when you relaunch Drambo.

[Insert Metal Gear Solid alert sound]

??? I'm confused. Can you explain more?

• Does this also work on M1 Macs?

• edited April 2023

It's apparently quite resource hungry. That's on Air 4th gen.
    Never seen this popup before. It's a fresh project with only one instance of AUv3.

• edited April 2023

@israelite said:
    Never seen this popup before. It's a fresh project with only one instance of AUv3.

Yes this is still subject of improvements, as first thing try turn off all other apps which are running in background ... i can run on iPhone XS 4 instances in NS2, with fifth one i start getting this waring too.. this iPhone has has 4 gigs of ram .. on iPad Air M1 i can run much more (has 8 gigs of ram)

Dev knows about this problem on older devices with smaller RAM, it's still opened task for improvements ...

• edited April 2023

@cyberheater said:
    Does this also work on M1 Macs?

Nope.. at least i don't see it in AppStore on my Mac M1 .. But there are plans release it as native Mac plugin too , no idea when

• @dendy said:

@israelite said:

Yes this is still subject of improvements, as first thing try turn off all other apps which are running in background ... i can run on iPhone XS 4 instances in NS2, with fifth one i start getting this waring too.. this iPhone has has 4 gigs of ram .. on iPad Air M1 i can run much more (has 8 gigs of ram)

Dev knows about this problem on older devices with smaller RAM, it's still opened task for improvements ...

Do you know if the oversampling options are separate from presets, or do they get saved into the preset?

• @gregsmith said

Do you know if the oversampling options are separate from presets, or do they get saved into the preset?

separate, everything in that settings dropdown is global, patch not related

• @dendy said:

@cyberheater said:

Nope.. at least i don't see it in AppStore on my Mac M1 .. But there are plans release it as native Mac plugin too , no idea when

Thanks Dendy. I'll give it a miss then.

• edited April 2023

@dendy said:

@gregsmith said

separate, everything in that settings dropdown is global, patch not related

Thanks. Very sensible.

Whilst you’re around @Kirnu ….

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• This is great! Just one thing, though: Jakob’s video mentions 400+ presets… there don’t seem to be anywhere near that number.

• edited April 2023

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    This is great! Just one thing, though: Jakob’s video mentions 400+ presets… there don’t seem to be anywhere near that number.

Did you count how much is there ? :-)
    If ingood remember i made around 100 .. never counted how many other guys did

But yeah, there is room for improvement, for sure it’s not hundreds… i should probably do more :-))

• edited April 2023

@dendy said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    This is great! Just one thing, though: Jakob’s video mentions 400+ presets… there don’t seem to be anywhere near that number.

Did you count how much is there ? :-)
    If ingood remember i made around 100 .. never counted how many other guys did

But yeah, there is room for improvement, for sure it’s not hundreds… i should probably do more :-))

You know what? I think I’m wrong here, upon more detailed counting it does seem pretty close to 400, and your contribution is in the 90s. Maybe it’s cos you can scroll so quickly down the presets that my initial counting was a bit off!

• edited April 2023

I may recommend creating your own INIT user patch with a filter envelope set up in the mod matrix. That’s the one mod that I kinda wish was there by default. It would be nice to be able to assign any such patch to be the default on opening the app.

Also, to anyone who can’t see automation happening - you have to turn it on in the settings menu. This was slightly confusing having watched a bit of Jakob’s video and seeing nice dials moving above modded elements, and then not seeing them in the app before delving into the settings!

One other thing - it would be lovely if you could double tap or hold on a control to automatically assign it to the mod matrix and start the process of setting up a mod.

• edited April 2023

@ButterSynth_Manual said:
    ButterSynth’s factory presets all have pre-assigned tags that cannot be changed.

Unfortunately, it happens many do not have tags, and this cannot be fixed from the user side… Any solution ?

• @tk32 said:

@sigma79 said:

[Insert Metal Gear Solid alert sound]

??? I'm confused. Can you explain more?

Lol.

If the save button is the square. It taps blue but you hold it down so its then option save/name.

Dosent work after a while or tweaking synth.

Like its a faulty hardware contact.

• @dendy said:

Air 4th gen doesn't have a small amount of ram. And to be honest I am too lazy to close other apps only to be able to use BS. For me Synthmaster 2 is doing everything BS is and has 3000 presets, so I will stay with SM2. Cheers

• edited April 2023

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    One other thing - it would be lovely if you could double tap or hold on a control to automatically assign it to the mod matrix and start the process of setting up a mod.

You can long-press any dial to get a pop-up menu that allows quick mod matrix assignment.

The dial you long-press becomes the destination, and the source is the option you select from the pop-up

• edited April 2023

@sigma79 said:
    If the save button is the square. It taps blue but you hold it down so its then option save/name.

From the manual (pages 46-47):

TL;DR
    The 'quicksave' disk icon works slightly counter-intuitively, and is ideally aimed at allowing patch designers to 'commit' changes to disk.

When it detects any changes to the current patch (e.g. you moved a dial slightly) an asterisk will appear to show there are changes. BUT... you have to long-press the quicksave button to commit these changes.

Also... if the adjusted preset is from the factory library you are not permitted to overwrite these, so long-pressing the quicksave button for these will create a duplicate of the factory preset with your adjustments in a dedicated export folder in the user presets section.

Full disclosure: the developer and beta testers could not agree on a perfect implementation of how this button should work.

• @tk32 said:

@sigma79 said:

From the manual (pages 46-47):

TL;DR
    The 'quicksave' disk icon works slightly counter-intuitively, and is ideally aimed at allowing patch designers to 'commit' changes to disk.

When it detects any changes to the current patch (e.g. you moved a dial slightly) an asterisk will appear to show there are changes. BUT... you have to long-press the quicksave button to commit these changes.

Also... if the adjusted preset is from the factory library you are not permitted to overwrite these, so long-pressing the quicksave button for these will create a duplicate of the factory preset with your adjustments in a dedicated export folder in the user presets section.

Full disclosure: the developer and beta testers could not agree on a perfect implementation of how this button should work.

Cheers tk32

• @israelite said:

@dendy said:

Air 4th gen doesn't have a small amount of ram. And to be honest I am too lazy to close other apps only to be able to use BS. For me Synthmaster 2 is doing everything BS is and has 3000 presets, so I will stay with SM2. Cheers

Hmm.

Bought an ipad 9 just for synths ( no drums )

Seems like you need an ipad air 5

Which means £800. Maybe creeking and screen issues ( like the last two ipad air 3 )

• @sigma79 said:

@israelite said:

@dendy said:

Hmm.

Which means £800. Maybe creeking and screen issues ( like the last two ipad air 3 )

I have the Air 5 (2022) and have had no issues with it.

• @sigma79 said:

@israelite said:

@dendy said:

Hmm.

Th device is great I don't need a new one. If the app can not perform right, that's not my problem. Plenty of other apps to,choose from. Cheers

• edited April 2023

@cyberheater said:

@dendy said:

@cyberheater said:

It was Mac M1 compatible during the Testflight, so I bought it for that reason. Why is that removed? Do you know that @dendy ?

• @israelite said:

Air 4 has 4Gb ram which should suffice. You must be on beta, dismissing it so easily, and if you have updated that lately you might have been thrown back to an older version (of the beta) as the beta testing is over (there are a limited number of testers).
    Also, but you're probably too lazy for this as well ;) --> check/change oversampling in settings. :D :D

• edited April 2023

@Pierre118 said:

@cyberheater said:

@dendy said:

@cyberheater said:

It was Mac M1 compatible during the Testflight, so I bought it for that reason. Why is that removed? Do you know that @dendy ?

i think Arto want's release it as standalone app for Mac with different pricing, which pretty much makes sense considering prices on desktop for comparable synths, and other factors (piracy on desktop and stuff like that)..

• @Pxlhg said:

@israelite said:

Air 4 has 4Gb ram which should suffice. You must be on beta, dismissing it so easily, and if you have updated that lately you might have been thrown back to an older version (of the beta) as the beta testing is over (there are a limited number of testers).
    Also, but you're probably too lazy for this as well ;) --> check/change oversampling in settings. :D :D

No thanks. I just use SM2:) Have a good day

• BTW, what has oversampling to do with apps memory usage?

• edited April 2023

@Pxlhg said:

@israelite said:

This, i can run up to 4-5 instances of beta on my iPhone, which has 4 gigs ram, i just need close other apps which is good practice anyway ;)