Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth Is Released!

Comments

• @tk32 said:

@gusgranite said:
    Special mention to Win Conway who played a very key role in beta testing and in the development of this synth (just check those FX!). Unfortunately, Win has been found to be ‘incompatible’ with this forum which is a real shame. Win quietly and continuously gives to this community with zero agenda, and his deep understanding of music production played a real role in this synth.

Totally agree here.

Anyone enjoying the nasty (in a good way) BoTT/OTT multiband effect -- or indeed any of the beastly Win Conway factory presets -- owes a debt to this long-serving ButterSynth beta tester and uncompromising ballbuster - who (regretfully) recently had an disagreement with forum admin Michael that, some of us believe, unfairly, went south and ended as a forum ban.

If anyone isn't aware how big a part Win plays behind-the-scenes in our scene, and without ego or fanfare, just ask the mighty BramBos.

Not sure what exactly happened there, certainly he was out of line recently towards a certain forum member, and a few of us - myself included - called him out on it, but maybe a warning could have sufficed and it’s maybe worth giving him access to the forum again. For sure he knows his stuff about dsp more than most of us, myself very very definitely included. Total bans should be a last resort, only after a few warnings, I reckon.

• @dendy said:
    @BerlinFx

I got problems to understand why some people want Harware any more to do music in a studio

apples and oranges.. as much as i love Butter inlove also my Digitakt,Digitone,Syntakt and Octatrack … You can low and use both sw an hw, different worlds, different approaches, different kinds o inspirations

Some people also doesn’t need do finish actual track, they just enjoy tweaking knobs, connecting cables and having fun with physicall gear

Thanks for your kind explanation

• @Satie said:
    Nice Synthesizer👍🏽🧔🏼🙏🏽
    Long press - I see the MIDI Learn, but it doesn’t react, from my point of view. Reaction to CC1 and pitchbend is given.

Thanks, I fixed it. You can also 'fix' the bug by creating a new MIDI map in the MIDI mapper page. Then MIDI learn should work properly

• @HotStrange said:
    So glad it’s finally here. This will surely go down as one of the iOS greats. Insane power.

Thanks!

• edited April 2023

@gusgranite said:
    Special mention to Win Conway who played a very key role in beta testing and in the development of this synth (just check those FX!). Unfortunately, Win has been found to be ‘incompatible’ with this forum which is a real shame. Win quietly and continuously gives to this community with zero agenda, and his deep understanding of music production played a real role in this synth.

This ! Absolutely subscribe to this !! As much as i had years ago some little fights on forums with Win, now i ABSOLUTELY respect him, he is a guy of knowledge, was pleasure to be with him in core beta team !

• @BerlinFx said:
    Since this morning I an going around it and it is really impressive, a Monster , I now agree to what others said and I was not willing to buy it first.

I glad that you like it :smile:

• @Kirnu since you're here: any chance to provide an option to fully disable the in-app keyboard in AUv3 mode?

• @Grandbear said:
    @Kirnu since you're here: any chance to provide an option to fully disable the in-app keyboard in AUv3 mode?

+1 to this request.
    I’m just getting started with butter synth & I am always using kb-1, velocity keyboard, or scaler 2 & as my note input method so the less unused screen real estate, the better.
    Thanks!

• Not to distract from the beauty of this synth, but in the end was the prebuy price different than the app store price upon release?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Not to distract from the beauty of this synth, but in the end was the prebuy price different than the app store price upon release?

In the US it increased from USD 17 to USD 20

• Has any thought been given to being able to mark favourites in the preset browser?

• @Grandbear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Not to distract from the beauty of this synth, but in the end was the prebuy price different than the app store price upon release?

In the US it increased from USD 17 to USD 20

Makes sense!

• @FastGhost said:
    Holy cow this thing is wonderful.

When I posted this earlier I hadn't even delved into the modulation matrix. This synth is insanely good.

• With that mod matrix, I've got it making some extremely @Svetlovska sounds.

• edited April 2023

@drconfusion said:

@Grandbear said:
    @Kirnu since you're here: any chance to provide an option to fully disable the in-app keyboard in AUv3 mode?

+1 to this request.
    I’m just getting started with butter synth & I am always using kb-1, velocity keyboard, or scaler 2 & as my note input method so the less unused screen real estate, the better.
    Thanks!

It does resize well, so keyboard dissapears. Were going through synths. Think apparillo is good size wise.

I used to think apps were best to fit half screen but think they better if designed for full screen.

but devs have to design for a screen keyboard or external screen keyboard.

but if removing keyboard makes full screen of app better.

Then.

Better.

• edited April 2023

@sigma79 said:

@drconfusion said:

@Grandbear said:

+1 to this request.
    Thanks!

It does resize well, so keyboard dissapears. Were going through synths. Think apparillo is good size wise.

I used to think apps were best to fit half screen but think they better if designed for full screen.

Then.

Better.

Yeah, with certain sizes the keyboard is gone, but not when maximized on my 11-inch iPad

• @Grandbear said:

@sigma79 said:

@drconfusion said:

@Grandbear said:

+1 to this request.
    Thanks!

Then.

Better.

Yeah, with certain sizes the keyboard is gone, but not when maximized on my 11-inch iPad

Right.

Would be better optimised for full screen without a keyboard ( like apparilo )

• tjatja
    edited April 2023

So, this is the Synth for the island?

Can it do Moog?

Which Synths would you NOT delete now and why?
    Probably special Synths like those from IceGear or LayR?

I am just hoping that I can delete some more Synths without loosing much, with ButterSynth available 😅🤗

I even feel like exploring this over and above simple preset usage, what I mostly do.

• edited April 2023

This has some really nice things and sounds great but I don’t have the heart any more to explore and use new synths. They all at bottom do the same thing, just a matter of UI to me at this point. And I’ve found what I like, hardware and software. Sorry this ended up being a personal journal entry, I dunno what happened there.

• @Kirnu said:

@Satie said:
    Nice Synthesizer👍🏽🧔🏼🙏🏽
    Long press - I see the MIDI Learn, but it doesn’t react, from my point of view. Reaction to CC1 and pitchbend is given.

Thanks, I fixed it. You can also 'fix' the bug by creating a new MIDI map in the MIDI mapper page. Then MIDI learn should work properly

Thanks a lot! Already noticed the workaround. Works very fine! 🎵

• @oat_phipps I can empathise with that, but I absolutely love this thing. There's just so much to it that I think this has probably relegated about 20 other apps to the bin.

• @FastGhost said:
    There's just so much to it that I think this has probably relegated about 20 other apps to the bin.

I know it sounded like hyperbole when those of us on the beta team started making claims like this.. but yes, it really does!

• I've also completely lost interest in the forthcoming Baby Audio synth. Not the @brambos one though, that's a gimme.

• edited April 2023

Congrats @Kirnu

ButterSynth is currently the Number #1 paid music app here in the UK appstore (and number #4 across all paid apps)

• @tk32 said:
    Congrats @Kirnu

ButterSynth is currently the Number #1 paid music app here in the UK appstore (and number #4 across all paid apps)

Amazing! And well deserved after more than a year in beta.

• edited April 2023

The FX seem reluctant to load, needs a few taps for the touch to register. where should I be pushing? The centre of the rectangle?

Love the per oscillator filter options, the fact you can choose some to be in serial and others not is great!

• edited April 2023

@drewinnit said:
    The FX seem reluctant to load, needs a few taps for the touch to register. where should I be pushing? The centre of the rectangle?

You need to either long-press and drag EFX units onto the FX rack/chain or double-tap them.

Apologies if this is not intuitive, but you soon get the hang of it.

• @tk32 cheers mate, i knew I was doing something wrong! Appreciate the help, I knew it wasn’t a bug as this spent so much time being beta tested. Loving my first session with it

• @drewinnit said:
    @tk32 cheers mate, i knew I was doing something wrong! Appreciate the help, I knew it wasn’t a bug as this spent so much time being beta tested. Loving my first session with it

No problem. Feedback like this is very helpful for revising the manual. :+1:

After using the app for so long I sometimes forget what it’s like to view it with completely fresh eyes.