Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth Is Released!

Comments

• Oh man.

Tell me again why I need hardware digital synths?

I don’t regret my pre-order for one second. Thank you @Kirnu and everyone involved in the development!

🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

• edited April 2023

@The Krazy Wabbit said:
    Does it run in the background. Midi map to external sequencers? Not mentioned in the manual.

The standalone version of the app is capable of background audio. What sort of midi-mapping do you require? Have you looked at the midi mapping controls available via the wrench icon, top-right?

• @DMfan said:
    Oh man.

I don’t regret my pre-order for one second. Thank you @Kirnu and everyone involved in the development!

🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

Agrée , I got problems to understand why some people want Harware any more to do music in a studio ( except good midi contrôler like 78 keys midi keyboards. On stage Harware are now link to software ok but to when it come to synth in home studio I don’t understand. Seems to me a harware fetish type but I respect it even if I don’t understand it.

• edited April 2023

@ElektrikDiva could you please remove the space from the thread title (should be ButterSynth) as some users are having trouble finding it in the appstore.

And for bonus points... post a link to the app (or Kirnu website) in your first post too.

Appstore link:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/buttersynth/id1497419006

Kirnu website:
    https://www.kirnuarp.com

Manual:
    https://www.kirnuarp.com/ButterSynth-Manual.pdf

• @tk32 said:
    @ElektrikDiva could you please remove the space from the thread title (should be ButterSynth) as some users are having trouble finding it in the appstore.

And for bonus points... post a link to the app (or Kirnu website) in your first post too.

Appstore link:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/buttersynth/id1497419006

Kirnu website:
    https://www.kirnuarp.com

Manual:
    https://www.kirnuarp.com/ButterSynth-Manual.pdf

Thanks it is very useful

• Holy cow this thing is wonderful.

• Made a litte thing too... its really a great plugin/instrument

• @DMfan said:
    Oh man.

🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

The only reason I can think of is UI which seriously limits the relevant digital hardware.

• Kirnu Buttersynth and Audiothing Hand Clapper First Run Quick Sketch

AUM + Drambo + Scaler + Rozeta Arpeggio + Buttersynth “Lofi Organ” + Bass 808 “Soi Tuck” + Hand Clapper “LoFi Clap” + SWAM Double Bass + Skaka + Borsta + Ting + KNOCK x 5 + Pro-L 2

• @BerlinFx said:

@DMfan said:
    Oh man.

🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

Agrée , I got problems to understand why some people want Harware any more to do music in a studio ( except good midi contrôler like 78 keys midi keyboards. On stage Harware are now link to software ok but to when it come to synth in home studio I don’t understand. Seems to me a harware fetish type but I respect it even if I don’t understand it.

I see these kind of videos come by on Instagram, people have worth thousands and thousands of modular stuff and synths, surrounded by blinking lights, like they are living in a spaceship, and all they do with it is producing some bleeps and bibs that could’ve been done with any €10 euro soft synth. Indeed, must be some kind of fetish. I see the same thing on photography forums, guys with extremely expensive gear and lenses and all they do is taking pictures of boring birds, mocking people who take awesome pictures with just a cellphone.

• edited April 2023

@tk32 said:

@The Krazy Wabbit said:
    Does it run in the background. Midi map to external sequencers? Not mentioned in the manual.

The standalone version of the app is capable of background audio. What sort of midi-mapping do you require? Have you looked at the midi mapping controls available via the wrench icon, top-right?

Don't have the app. Doing my research to see if this would be something that could fit in my toolbox and help in my workflow.

• edited April 2023

D covers most of the ground for me, but I would buy this for the wavetable editor alone.
    Does it let you export created wavetable?

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    D covers most of the ground for me, but I would buy this for the wavetable editor alone.

It certainly does - via the Files app :+1:

• @tk32 said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

It certainly does - via the Files app :+1:

Nice, thank you! :)

• More you use it more you see how it is powerful and with top features. I was willing to perhaps buy Nambu but I don’t need it now seems to me and I forget about the Baby Audio too basic Synth t be realised.

Many other synth should drop their price after this new one and Moog dropping its prices too on Model D and 15, now many synth are overpriced.

• It will certainly put Baby Audio on the spot for their basic attempt next to this behemoth. Not too worried about bram, his offerings usually represent the cheaper end.

• @Gavinski said:
    Congrats to the dev! Has been working long and hard on this!

+1!

• @ElektrikDiva said:

@Gavinski said:
    Congrats to the dev! Has been working long and hard on this!

+1!

+1

• This synth is absolutely insane. Can’t wait to hear what people do with it.

• Iphone user so having to wait, but just wondering: are we looking good when it comes to exposed auv3 parameters to the host?

• edited April 2023

@attakk said:
    Iphone user so having to wait, but just wondering: are we looking good when it comes to exposed auv3 parameters to the host?

No problems at all on that front (see below for a small sample of the long list of exposed parameters in Drambo, for example)

by the way… iphone support will ready very soon.

• @attakk said:
    Iphone user so having to wait, but just wondering: are we looking good when it comes to exposed auv3 parameters to the host?

yeah almost every parameter is exposed

• @attakk said:

They are, and they work except for a bug that was reported in beta (UI doesn't reflect the changes); I assume a fix will come soon.

• Congratulations on the release of ButterSynth @Kirnu !!! You are a very talented developer and this is a landmark release on iOS. 👏

Big shout to the beta crew. I wasn’t able to give my time for this one but I saw the insane work they put in over many months.

Special mention to Win Conway who played a very key role in beta testing and in the development of this synth (just check those FX!). Unfortunately, Win has been found to be ‘incompatible’ with this forum which is a real shame. Win quietly and continuously gives to this community with zero agenda, and his deep understanding of music production played a real role in this synth.

Love it!

• Brilliant! I’ve a close-ish Serum clone (well, of the aspects I wanted) that I built in Drambo but the lack of exposed params is, erm, irritating…

Thank you for the info 👍😊

• Talking of Drambo - specifically its wavetable warping effects - how does Buttersynth stack up in that regard? I see in the params there’s “WT1 Wavefold” for example…

• edited April 2023

@BerlinFx

I got problems to understand why some people want Harware any more to do music in a studio

apples and oranges.. as much as i love Butter inlove also my Digitakt,Digitone,Syntakt and Octatrack … You can low and use both sw an hw, different worlds, different approaches, different kinds o inspirations

Some people also doesn’t need do finish actual track, they just enjoy tweaking knobs, connecting cables and having fun with physicall gear

• edited April 2023

@gusgranite said:
    Special mention to Win Conway who played a very key role in beta testing and in the development of this synth (just check those FX!). Unfortunately, Win has been found to be ‘incompatible’ with this forum which is a real shame. Win quietly and continuously gives to this community with zero agenda, and his deep understanding of music production played a real role in this synth.

Totally agree here.

Anyone enjoying the nasty (in a good way) BoTT/OTT multiband effect -- or indeed any of the beastly Win Conway factory presets -- owes a debt to this long-serving ButterSynth beta tester and uncompromising ballbuster - who (regretfully) recently had an disagreement with forum admin Michael that, some of us believe, unfairly, went south and ended as a forum ban.

If anyone isn't aware how big a part Win plays behind-the-scenes in our scene, and without ego or fanfare, just ask the mighty BramBos.

• edited April 2023

@attakk said:
    Talking of Drambo - specifically its wavetable warping effects - how does Buttersynth stack up in that regard? I see in the params there’s “WT1 Wavefold” for example…

That’s just the Wavefold for the 1st Wavetable oscillator.

WT2 for the second…

Edit: @Kirnu Thank you for creating this amazing sounding synth!

And @tk32 great job as usual on the manual! You always write the best manuals!

• And the most important... when it comes to sound very few softsynths touch certain aspects of hardware.
    apples and oranges