Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A high-end brand will be making an entrance to the iOS arena shortly

any idea, hint…?

Comments

• Let the 'hype train' roll...
    ...postings like these are getting really annoying.

It says absolutely nothing and just spews speculation has has ZERO to do with actual music making and as such should be a violation of the new 'rules' :sunglasses:

• edited April 2023

@Samu said:
    Let the 'hype train' roll...
    ...postings like these are getting really annoying.

+1.

"snippet nuggets"... LOL

• edited April 2023

Why resist, @Samu ? It is the New Way. It is the future. It is the New Rule…

• Apple. Logic. Lol.

• I think the title made it clear what’s coming…

What are some high-end brands that have yet to ship an IOS app? BitWig maybe?

• I think I know what this is, and if it is what I'm thinking it will be a fairly big deal

• Give me low-end brands, anyday….

• I hope it’s the “Decent Sampler” killer. Omniscope? Not that I want Decent Sampler to go away… I pick up several new free samples for it every week. But I love those types of apps that are good for cinematic music making.

• edited April 2023

@Gavinski said:
    I think I know what this is, and if it is what I'm thinking it will be a fairly big deal

Come on, spill the beans Gav... unless you are under a NDA.

The sooner this torture ends the better.

My guess is Tampax.

• Please > @Kashi said:

Give me low-end brands, anyday….

Definitely.

Anyway I hope NI will bring reaktor to iOS.

Probably it will be spitfire knowing my luck.

• You can tell us, we won’t tell anyone.

• Considering the wording 'Entrance' it to me indicates that that developer has just about zero existing apps available for iOS/iPadOS?!

My guess would be Tracktion's Waveform Pro for iPadOS...
    https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-pro

• @Gavinski said:
    I think I know what this is, and if it is what I'm thinking it will be a fairly big deal

Give us a clue! 20 questions? I’ll start, is it a game changier?

• Cherry Audio would be great with these old school synths.

• @Slush said:
    Cherry Audio would be great with these old school synths.

Oh yes! I’d pay 40 for the 2600

• I hope its u-he. Dunno if they’re classed as high end, but I’d pay big for repro-5

• @Gavinski said:

I think I know what you are thinking and if you are thinking what I think you are thinking then I also think it will be quite a big deal. If you tell me what you are thinking I will tell you if that is what I was thinking that you were thinking. If they are different we could maybe swap thinkings for a while then we could determine whether or not we think that the other way of thinking is more likely to be the case than the original way of thinking that each of us started with.😛

• A simple answer to a question if it's a 'Host' or 'Generator/Processor' would be enough...
    ...Yes/No or Both? (That would not break any NDAs).

• @gregsmith said:
    I hope its u-he. Dunno if they’re classed as high end, but I’d pay big for repro-5

Oh yeah!

• If it is what I'm thinking, and I've no idea whether that be what @robosardine is thinking haha - it's a generator

• What is a generator? Honestly I’m not sure. I’m assuming it’s not a synth, a drum machine or a sequencer as they have their given names. So what else gets generated? Please tell me that it isn’t one of these droneo soundscape emitters….. please no photographs of diesel generators - I know what you are thinking this time.

• Wondering if said brand is hardware or software. Teenage Engineering or Elektron coming to iOS?

Or on the software side?

• Anyone remember the original gamechanger thread? It turned out that Cubasis was adding MPE support.

• Whatever it is it will be hard for me to drop Drambo/Loopy Pro combo. I’m just too old for reinventing the wheel.

• @supadom said:
    Whatever it is it will be hard for me to drop Drambo/Loopy Pro combo. I’m just too old for reinventing the wheel.

I’m right there with you. I think ‘proper’ ableton live would be about the only thing that could convert me, but I’d still host LP and Drambo in there

• One kicker would be Akai releasing MPC Beats (Host) for iPad with IAP to unlock the 'full' version :sunglasses:
    It could be Pianiteq (Generator) or maybe even SSL dropping their plug-ins as AUv3s? (Processor).

Analog Obsession is said to be working on iOS ports and those will be a blast!

• Lol.. what even is "high end"? Who precisely decides this?

• @Gavinski ’s “fairly” here is managing my expectations a lot. Pretty sure it won’t be for me.

• As a dev, I find these “I’m in the know and you are not” teasers kind of cringe.

• @Darkstring said:
    Lol.. what even is "high end"?

Ermenegildo Zegna are doing a low pass filter.