Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro 1.1 is nearly here

2»

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:
    LoopyPro isn’t my cup of tea as It doesn’t fit to my workflow and my needs to tell the true , it was What I guessed using LoopHD.

Searching on AppStore to watch the price of LoopyPro I discovered that I bought it years ago certainly first release and désinstalle it quickly.

I will reinstall it to see with new features what I can with it. When will the 1.1 release and It is free if you have bought Loopy pro some year ago ?

Loopy Pro was first released about 16 months ago. If you bought the unlock, then you will get some new features but some new features will be require an upgrade IAP.

Thanks I understand better , not sure I bought the unlok need to check but if it is not useful in my workflow I will not buy any IAP or unlock . I buy IAP only for the very few top quality apps that I use mainly. It will cost a fortune if I bought all the IAP in all apps.

Btw, there is a free one week unlock in it.

Obviously, there is no reason to purchase or try something that you wouldn't have a use for.

Thanks for your kind answer

• Has it been confirmed, with the update out whether the trial period will reset or not?

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Has it been confirmed, with the update out whether the trial period will reset or not?

Yeah it will

• Is there an ETA, @Michael 😅😅🤗

• @tja said:
    Is there an ETA, @Michael 😅😅🤗

I’m leaving myself a little bit of a wiggle room just in case there are any last-minute issues, so mums the word. But soon 😊

• @Michael said:

@tja said:
    Is there an ETA, @Michael 😅😅🤗

I’m leaving myself a little bit of a wiggle room just in case there are any last-minute issues, so mums the word. But soon 😊

Good to know. We are eagerly awaiting it.

• @tja - @Michael is under NDA. Please don't tempt him to violate it.

• @wim said:
    @tja - @Michael is under NDA. Please don't tempt him to violate it.

Understood 😅😅

• Then I’d have to let myself go 🫢

• @Michael said:
    Then I’d have to let myself go 🫢

LOL. I hope the severance package would be good.

• MIDI input and output, a seamless flow

Does this mean that midi loops are around the corner? :)

• @dobbs said:

MIDI input and output, a seamless flow

They are down the road. My understanding is that MIDI Looping is an important feature to Michael but it won't be in 1.1 and is not imminent.

I believe that what Michael was referring to is that in 1.1, the Loopy AU has a MIDI output. In 1.0, Loopy AU sent the MIDI through the host's virtual MIDI input port.

• @dobbs said:

MIDI input and output, a seamless flow

I really hope so.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

Sorry to be "that guy", but ...

I'm so comfortable now using Drambo for midi looping duties that I don't care anymore how long midi loops take.

But I'll also say that I feel somewhat like I'm diluting the goodness of Loopy by messing with midi instead of audio in the first place. The spontaneity of immediately committing to audio is transforming my music making experience in so many positive ways. 🤙🏼

Drambo also works out as an excellent automation recording / editing / playback solution for Loopy.

• @wim said:

I'm so comfortable now using Drambo for midi looping duties that I don't care anymore how long midi loops take.

But I'll also say that I feel somewhat like I'm diluting the goodness of Loopy by messing with midi instead of audio in the first place. The spontaneity of immediately committing to audio is transforming my music making experience in so many positive ways. 🤙🏼

Drambo also works out as an excellent automation recording / editing / playback solution for Loopy.

Drambo is good for looping when you know the tempo … a friend of mine has been looking for a midi looper (and yes, he actually needs the MIDI) that works like Loopy and was dismayed that there doesn’t seem to be such a thing…unless maybe Ableton Note counts .

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

Drambo is good for looping when you know the tempo … a friend of mine has been looking for a midi looper (and yes, he actually needs the MIDI) that works like Loopy and was dismayed that there doesn’t seem to be such a thing…unless maybe Ableton Note counts .

I don't find it hard to pick a tempo. If I want to start with a midi loop then I tap out the tempo while replaying the general groove I have in mind in my head. Then I lay it down in Drambo and adjust the tempo from there.

tbh, I see nothing cumbersome about looping with Drambo in Loopy. I lay something down, do some edits to fix mistakes, and then (usually) burn the output to a clip - partially because I have to manage CPU carefully on my Air 2 - but also because now that clip is integrated with the rest of the clips without me having to bother with mapping midi to trigger patterns in Drambo.

Anyway, I'm not here to distract the conversation. I'm just really satisfied with the Drambo / Loopy Pro combination. I feel like I really don't need anything else. I only had to spout off here because no matter how enthusiastically I try to explain it to my cat, she just gives me blank looks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

a friend of mine has been looking for a midi looper (and yes, he actually needs the MIDI) that works like Loopy and was dismayed that there doesn’t seem to be such a thing…unless maybe Ableton Note counts .

That’s kind of what I’ve been waiting for as well… didn’t have as much time to make music lately and I’m still pushing off really digging into loopy because I always felt like „maybe if I just wait a little bit longer I can learn audio loopy and midi loopy in one go“

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

I don't find it hard to pick a tempo. If I want to start with a midi loop then I tap out the tempo while replaying the general groove I have in mind in my head. Then I lay it down in Drambo and adjust the tempo from there.

tbh, I see nothing cumbersome about looping with Drambo in Loopy. I lay something down, do some edits to fix mistakes, and then (usually) burn the output to a clip - partially because I have to manage CPU carefully on my Air 2 - but also because now that clip is integrated with the rest of the clips without me having to bother with mapping midi to trigger patterns in Drambo.

Anyway, I'm not here to distract the conversation. I'm just really satisfied with the Drambo / Loopy Pro combination. I feel like I really don't need anything else. I only had to spout off here because no matter how enthusiastically I try to explain it to my cat, she just gives me blank looks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s working well for me too. My initial 8-16 bar loop phase is in Drambo, then I bounce the audio to clips to arrange.

It has the bonus of making me actually use the fantastic clip launching functionality in Drambo. I’m still pretty excited about LP midi loops though, not gonna lie. It’ll be particularly interesting to see how @Michael implements them.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@dobbs said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

a friend of mine has been looking for a midi looper (and yes, he actually needs the MIDI) that works like Loopy and was dismayed that there doesn’t seem to be such a thing…unless maybe Ableton Note counts .

That’s kind of what I’ve been waiting for as well… didn’t have as much time to make music lately and I’m still pushing off really digging into loopy because I always felt like „maybe if I just wait a little bit longer I can learn audio loopy and midi loopy in one go“

I'd probably be in that same place if I hadn't become a beta tester for Loopy. When the question was asked whether Loopy should be released pre-midi looping or if release should wait until it was done, I was totally of the opinion that it should wait. I couldn't imagine it being useful without midi looping.

As a beta tester I felt obliged to use Loopy as much as possible, and to my surprise was totally liberated by the lack of midi looping. I still feel ambivalent to using midi looping. It dilutes the experience. I do it though because sometimes it's easier, and because I think I might want to launch variations on parts I've already done without having to re-record them. I actually don't end up doing that often now though - partially because Loopy has helped me develop my chops a lot.

OK. Really not going to sidetrack this discussion any further. The cat is just going to have to deal with me.