Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioScope: Multi channel mixer

1235»

Comments

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@monz0id said:

@wim said:

@monz0id said:

@bygjohn said:
    I got interested when that other thread popped up where someone had made a Buchla Music Easel emulation in it, but again, took one look and wondered where the patch bay was, then gave up. I was busy that day, and this is no reflection on the work that person had done, it’s just that I find Drambo completely unintuitive. I’d need to put in more effort than I currently have to spare.

Yeah, I looked at that one too…no idea.

The problem for me with Drambo, is that for 99% of my uses, it does too much. I don’t want a built-in sequencer with all the associated UI space it takes up, or a clip launcher, modular synth etc. That all gets in the way. For those that want this stuff though - it’s the perfect app.

A really good mixer to host my AU gubbins and fx chains, a really good AU MIDI sequencer (this is where the modular approach works for me, as once set up I can close and hide it away), e.g 4pockets Euclidean triggering it all off, and I’m a happy bunny. Space to create. AUM is 80% there.

@wim said:
    This said: getting up and running with this is not intuitive. Even though I watched Paul's initial intro video a week or so ago, I still had to dive into the manual more than once to get where I wanted to be. That almost never happens to me. Once past that though, it's a breeze.

If you've got no patience for that kind of thing, this is not for you.

Sounds like there’s still a place then for improved, built-in mixer functionality in AUM for example, and this would be the whistle and bells for those who like to fiddle.

Well, really the only thing missing is traditional vertical LED readouts. Other than that it has everything I could want.

Good you’re happy with only 4 channels visible at any one time, but for some of us, more would improve the functionality of the apps main purpose - which is as a live mixing desk. It’s not a beatbox. It’s not a DAW. It doesn’t have automation, everything is recorded live in one take. Scrolling backwards and forwards between each page of 4 slides hinders creativity.

Hence third-party devs filling the gaps and fulfilling the need for this functionality with apps like this one, and the previous MIDI mixer.

Yeah the ability to zoom out and record some kind of automation (even if it’s just levels and AUMs built in effects) would make AUM even better. 8 tracks on screen at once would be a game changer for me.

Definitely. For mixing in aum though, I sometimes find the sliders a bit hard to control with total accuracy. Maybe there's a knack. I'd probably rather just map them to a physical controller if really accurate mixing is needed.

But I'm definitely up for some kind of collapsible aum window just showing huge long sliders for audio channels (preferably maybe with adjustable lengths and even adjustable curves). I'm pretty surprised to be honest, so many years in, that it still lacks this! Because it would so obviously be useful to so many.

Agreed. I hate to complain about such an amazing app but it does seem like a bit of an oversight. Maybe one day.

• Updated..

• Anyone have success in BM3? This app sounds and looks incredible from the demo.

What are general reviews since it’s relatively new ?

• I’m getting ‘blank screens’ after recent update.. And, would be nice to have on a separate iPad (remote).

• About grouping tracks in Audioscope:

So will this fix the issue to subgroup tracks within a group in Cubasis, since Cubasis does not support subgrouping?

• Great demo by Pete:

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@Bob said:
    About grouping tracks in Audioscope:

So will this fix the issue to subgroup tracks within a group in Cubasis, since Cubasis does not support subgrouping?

If you mean subgrouping to control things like levels and panning then yes. If you mean subgrouping to have a single output from the group then no.

• @wim said:

@Bob said:
    About grouping tracks in Audioscope:

If you mean subgrouping to control things like levels and panning then yes. If you mean subgrouping to have a single output from the group then no.

Thanks Wim, good to know!

• Does this work in beatmaker? And how would you compare this to let’s say tonebooster EQ and barricade? Is this a better all in one?

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@fearandloathing said:
    Does this work in beatmaker? And how would you compare this to let’s say tonebooster EQ and barricade? Is this a better all in one?

It works. I don't know that it adds that much to BM3 though since the mixer it has is very good. I very much doubt the FX are as good as TB EQ and Barricade, but they're fine.

If you find the BM3 mixer lacking somehow I guess maybe it's worthwhile. Where it really helps is more with something like AUM, to save scrolling, reduce the number of FX you have to add to channels, and for the better metering. Or for GarageBand which doesn't even have a mixer.

• @wim said:

@fearandloathing said:
    Does this work in beatmaker? And how would you compare this to let’s say tonebooster EQ and barricade? Is this a better all in one?

It works. I don't know that it adds that much to BM3 though since the mixer it has is very good. I very much doubt the FX are as good as TB EQ and Barricade, but they're fine.

If you find the BM3 mixer lacking somehow I guess maybe it's worthwhile. Where it really helps is more with something like AUM, to save scrolling, reduce the number of FX you have to add to channels, and for the better metering. Or for GarageBand which doesn't even have a mixer.

Good call. I thought this made the mixing visual with EQ and compression how TB did it separately but I think I am wrong. tY

• @fearandloathing said:

@wim said:

@fearandloathing said:

Good call. I thought this made the mixing visual with EQ and compression how TB did it separately but I think I am wrong. tY

No, you're right about that. If those features feel to you like they would add value to BM3 then it's a good choice. I was just saying that it BM3's mixer is pretty good on its own. And yes, it does allow you to do per-channel eq, compression, and metering from one handy place. Some setup is needed because you have to add an instance of the plugin to every bank you want to control.

Another thing I think is a big advantage is if you use more than one DAW, AudioScope can provide a consistent mixing and channel strip experience across them all.

Sorry if what I said above sounded negative on the app. I think it's a great app. It's just less needed in an app like BM3 that already has a good mixer.

• Looking to buy Audioscope to use it in Cubasis mainly for the visual mixer/snapshot system. Is it worth it? Is there some better alternative which isn't drawing automation curves?
    Also how is the audio quality? I'm usually using TB EQ and I'm not really looking for another eq, but if it's good enough..

Thanks!