Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 midi output

For the midi sender, i chose patterning 2 (all channels) and for the midi receiver i chose roli noise drums, and nothing is happening in roli noise drums. I have had trouble routing midi with other drum sequencers in the past, such as AfroLatin drum machine, and neither support auv3, but they do send midi, and yet i can’t get them to work properly in audiobus, but i can route from them midi in aum just fine. How come this is?

Comments

• What is the background audio setting on them?

• edited April 2023

The drums could be on a different midi channel, not always on channel 1, could be channel 10. Or the notes Patterning is sending out doesn’t match the notes that trigger the pads on roll noise. All apps that receive midi notes have a midi map, some use a general midi. Put a hit in every step and Try changing the notes that pattering is sending out, until you hear it trigger something in Roli. Or you can change the midi notes that Roli receives until you you can hear something trigger. You can also search online for the Roli Manual or Midi map to see what midi notes trigger what pads. My guess is it’s one of those 2 things.
    In summation make sure the midi channels are the same, and the midi notes are the correct ones to trigger sounds in Roli. Cheers!

Update.
    It be better to do in a host like AUM or Audiobus 3, or another, but this can be done in standalone between the two apps.

Edit.
    I see you sent it on all channels so it must be the midi notes patterning is sending. See if you can adjust the midi notes or midi map in settings of either app so they line up correctly.

Roli is AU, but P2 has IAA, so they can be connected in AUM if you have that one. Maybe a few others too. Or you could have Roli inside the host, and P2 in standalone triggering Roli.

Hopefully that helps

Second Update.

I really need to finish an entire post before I start typing, lol. Dang it.

I see you use AUM. AUM has more virtual routing options for midi connections compared to AB3. You can buy an app to enhance AB3 midi functionality, called MF Adapter, but that’s one of the reasons AUM is so great. It gives the user the ability to set up more advanced, or complex midi and audio routings. Which opens it up to being able to connect to more things.

• @gabber2swing : use a midi monitor to confirm patterning 2 is sending midi. If it isn’t, make sure you have set up patterning to send midi. Each track needs to be set to send midi.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @gabber2swing : use a midi monitor to confirm patterning 2 is sending midi. If it isn’t, make sure you have set up patterning to send midi. Each track needs to be set to send midi.

Good call.