Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waves Goodbye ...

Comments

• @NeuM said:

@monz0id said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Well argued! :D 👏

Why would I waste my time ‘arguing’ with someone who’s just posted a pile of abuse?

Perfectly acceptable response in my book.

Indeed. Opinions are welcome here...

Unless you're craftycurate, it would seem :(

• @el_bo said:

@NeuM said:

@monz0id said:

Why would I waste my time ‘arguing’ with someone who’s just posted a pile of abuse?

Since he was agreeing to an unsolicited, personal attack, then yes, I have no interest in engaging.

WTAF do you expect as a response? ‘Thanks for piling in on me, here’s a fiver, go get yerself something nice from the corner shop’?

Yes I think it’s a valid comparison. For example, I bought Photo three times, as they drip-fed versions for each platform, promised ‘lifetime updates’, and then announced they were ending support and updates for the products (x8) I’d spent hundreds of quids on, and would now have to buy all over again next time I updated my operating system, or bought a new device. Also note they require online license checks.

Like a subscription.

Being annoyed about that doesn’t mean me or the other disgruntled customers are suffering from a mental illness, or crying like babies, just that the element of trust had been kicked into the long grass.

Anyway, this thread is about Waves, not me.

• This is really crazy, I bought a pretty decent amount of Waves plugins and bundles over the last 3 years, the prices where definitely reasonable , its really a shame Im not going to be able to update them. Now people some people who where interested in buying legit Waves plugins are probably going to go the pirate route and that's not good for future development , I hope it works out for them but I'm definitely
    not going to pat $25 a month, Ill just stick to the ones I already bought.

• @monz0id said:

@craftycurate said:

@winconway said:

@monz0id said:

@Simon said:
    I was wondering what this was all about. I found this:

" Waves has announced that you can pay a subscription to own all of the plugins on their website.

But they've removed the ability for anyone to buy licenses to any plugins. So there isn't an option to actually purchase the software anymore.

On top of that, the only way to update any of your plugins that you ALREADY OWN LEGALLY BECAUSE YOU PURCHASE, you have to go through their subscription now.

So even though they say "you can keep your legally purchased perpetual licenses", they don't really mean that. They'll stop working on new computers. "

Affinity did something similar with their graphics suite and introduced new, separate versions of their apps (a subscription by any other name), though after a wave of complaints, grudgingly said they’d keep original purchases bug fixed for a limited period.

Absolute crap, Affinity released a new paid for version after a whole **** ton of years of free updates, and a load of entitled cry babies whined like they so often do, there was no hint at subscription in any way shape or form, just a company trying to stay in business by releasing an updated version that was pay for.

"Boohoo, I use your software all the time, I paid once many years ago, and the original software still works perfectly, why should I pay you any more money after all these years of free updates"
    Company does not charge for any updates ever, goes out of business, clever stuff, right?

If you think this Waves subscription rubbish compares to that, in any way shape or form, you really need help.

Yeah no comparison with Affinity at all ... Affinityhave released v2 after many years of free v1 updates, and promises of maintaining v1 to keep it running for the timebeing anyways.

And you.

Please don't be offended and sling insults about - it's not getting at you personally, we're just exchanging information :#

• edited March 2023

@monz0id said:

@el_bo said:

@NeuM said:

@monz0id said:

Since he was agreeing to an unsolicited, personal attack, then yes, I have no interest in engaging.

Just to be clear ... I wasn't agreeing with the tone of the other message, but it did contain accurate information, that the Waves and Affinity licensing situations are not really alike at all, and my message above was confined to this fact alone, and not intended as any kind of personal attack on you :)

• @monz0id said:

Unless I've missed something, CC very explicitly demonstrated which sentiment it was they were agreeing with.

@monz0id said:
    ‘Thanks for piling in on me

I didn't pile in on you. My intention was to defend CC, who I believe you unfairly lashed-out at

• edited March 2023

@craftycurate said:
    Just to be clear ... I wasn't agreeing with the tone of the previous message, but it did contain accurate information, that the Waves and Affinity licensing situations are not really alike at all, and my message above was confined to this fact alone, and not intended as any kind of personal attack on you :)

Good on the first point, we'll agree to disagree on your second one. Unignored.

@el_bo said:
    I didn't pile in on you.

I never said you did. Read my post again.

@el_bo said:
    My intention was to defend CC, who I believe you unfairly lashed-out at

I didn't 'lash-out', I said 'and you' (added to ignore list) because of his "Yeah no comparison with Affinity at all ... " - with the 'yeah' part interpreted by me as an agreement to the previous pile of bile directed at me. He's clarified that, so I'm not ignoring him now.

@el_bo said:
    My intention was to defend CC

Did you defend me? When from out of nowhere my comment was called "Absolute crap", I was one of a "load of entitled cry babies", "Boohoo", and that I "really need help"?

You didn't, did you. So you can have go on my ignore list instead.

• @monz0id said:
    I didn't 'lash-out', I said 'and you' (added to ignore list) because of his "Yeah no comparison with Affinity at all ... " - with the 'yeah' part interpreted by me as an agreement to the previous pile of bile directed at me. He's clarified that, so I'm not ignoring him now.

You immediately put him on ignore, because you misunderstood his position. He didn't just blindly agree, but clarified what he was agreeing to. By lashing-out, I'm suggesting you acted in the heat of the moment, based on an incorrect assumption, which imo is akin to lashing-out

@monz0id said:
    Did you defend me? When from out of nowhere my comment was called "Absolute crap", I was one of a "load of entitled cry babies", "Boohoo", and that I "really need help"?

So you can have go on my ignore list instead.

When I read the original comment, I thought it was a general slight against users of Affinity, over a subject I had no full understanding of. I hadn't realised it was directed at you, personally, nor that you and they were currently engaged in some kind of spat.

The next comment I saw, on a later visit, was your response. You called them a twat. What part of that do you want me to defend? If you don't like being insulted, don't be the kind of person who insults.

@monz0id said:
    So you can have go on my ignore list instead.

ok

• I will clarify - I have no issues with Waves asking for a subscription for their entire catalogue of plugins. It's how they went about it that is rather bothersome. As someone else mentioned above, the problem stems from all of their $29 plugin sales to get people to buy their plugins, and now suddenly they have switched to 100% subscription for all of their plugins, leaving the users who spent $29 here and there in the dust without any future support. Definitely not a good situation for the users or Waves themselves (given the inevitable backlash).

• edited March 2023

@el_bo said:
    You immediately put him on ignore, because you misunderstood his position. He didn't just blindly agree, but clarified what he was agreeing to.

He clarified after.

@el_bo said:
    nor that you and they were currently engaged in some kind of spat.

We weren’t engaged in ‘some kind of spat’, I voiced an opinion and he piled in with a load of abuse. Hence my reaction.

@el_bo said:
    The next comment I saw, on a later visit, was your response. You called them a twat. What part of that do you want me to defend? If you don't like being insulted, don't be the kind of person who insults.

If you don’t want to be called a twat, don’t pile in on someone and call them an ‘entitled cry baby’, and suggest they ‘need help’. Works both ways.

And here you are, still defending the original attack, while instead continuing to criticise me.

This place…

• edited March 2023

@monz0id said:

@el_bo said:
    You immediately put him on ignore, because you misunderstood his position. He didn't just blindly agree, but clarified what he was agreeing to.

He clarified after.

@el_bo said:
    nor that you and they were currently engaged in some kind of spat.

We weren’t engaged in ‘some kind of spat’, I voiced an opinion and he piled in with a load of abuse. Hence my reaction.

@el_bo said:

If you don’t want to be called a twat, don’t pile in on someone and call them an ‘entitled cry baby’, and suggest they ‘need help’. "

And here you are, still defending the original attack, while instead continuing to criticise me.

This place…

He clarified it to you after you'd already ignored him. For me, it was evident from his original post, which part he was agreeing with, 'cause he literally wrote it out.

"Works both ways." It does, doesn't it. Someone insulted you, you insulted them back. Balance restored, no? You had the opportunity to be the bigger man, but chose against it. You certainly don't need my defence

"And here you are, still defending the original attack"...Perhaps you could point out where I've defended the original attack?

• I stopped using Waves years ago when they started going after studio owners whose client's had cracked Waves plug ins on the laptops they brought to studio sessions. That was some shady shit, instant "no thank you" from me.

• edited March 2023

I wonder if Nick from Sonicstate is going to have Yoad Nevo a regular from Waves Plugins who is a Technology developer with them on as a guest this week on Wednesday on the SonicTalk show to take about this subscription business and the way it’s been brought in

• edited March 2023

Jesus wept. Sorry folks…

@el_bo said:
    He clarified it to you after you'd already ignored him.

Yeeesss…that’s what I said. I misunderstood his agreement with the personal abuse comment and put him on ignore, he clarified it didn’t include the personal abuse bit against me, I took him off ignore.

If he’d clarified it before I put him on ignore, I wouldn’t have put him on ignore.

@el_bo said:
    "And here you are, still defending the original attack"...Perhaps you could point out where I've defended the original attack?

Yes, sure:

@el_bo said:
    When I read the original comment, I thought it was a general slight against users of Affinity, over a subject I had no full understanding of.

So far you’ve put a great deal of energy into defending a misunderstanding that didn’t include you, which was sorted before you jumped in, have dismissed my own claims of personal abuse, but have absolutely no problem with comments made about ‘entitled cry babies’, and needing ‘help’ with mental health issues.

It’s almost as if you’re completely and totally biased or something.

Can you please go away and stop pestering me now?

• @monz0id said:
    Jesus wept. Sorry folks…

@el_bo said:
    He clarified it to you after you'd already ignored him.

Yeeesss…that’s what I said. I misunderstood his agreement with the personal abuse comment and put him on ignore, he clarified it didn’t include the personal abuse bit against me, I took him off ignore.

If he’d clarified it before I put him on ignore, I wouldn’t have put him on ignore.

@el_bo said:

Yes, sure:

@el_bo said:
    When I read the original comment, I thought it was a general slight against users of Affinity, over a subject I had no full understanding of.

So far you’ve put a great deal of energy into defending a misunderstanding that didn’t include you, which was sorted before you jumped in, have dismissed my own claims of personal abuse, but have absolutely no problem with comments made about ‘entitled cry babies’, and needing ‘help’ with mental health issues.

It’s almost as if you’re completely and totally biased or something.

Can you please go away and stop pestering me now?

In case one, you're ust proving my point that you lashed-out i.e reacted impulsively, then had to backtrack when it was pointed out to you what was clear to who knows how many others.

As for the second comment? That was not me defending his comment.

If you've been around on these types of forums long enough, you will no doubt have encountered many situations in which product users have reacted in ways that were way out-of-line, and wholly disproportionate a reaction to certain actions by developers etc. And yes...I think it's totally fair to characterise some of these responses as being from "entitled cry babies" and people needing help. I've lost count of the amount of apparently good people who wished varying levels of bad juju (One weekly church-goer even wishing the person in question, and their family, to Hell) on Ben Gillet, when he sold Camel Audio to Apple. And only two pages into the current Gearspace Waves thread, someone is hoping they either backtrack or go out of business...along with many others (presumably anyone who dares move to a subscription).

These aren't isolated incidents, nor are they reserved for just the audio industry. In light of that, I think it's true to point out that there is a contingent of whiners, some who are in need of help. It's you who turned that into an insult directed squarely at you.

As I previously pointed out, i didn't understand the entire context regarding the Affinity controversy so didn't pay the comment much more mind. But I'll tell you that I didn't get any sense that the comment was directed at you or anyone else. That seems like your leap, as it is another leap that I'm giving whoever made that comment some preferential treatment over you.

All I did was point out to someone that an innocent party had been caught in the cross-fire, which earned me a block from you. Perhaps you could stick to your word and actually just ignore me.

• @CapnWillie said:
    @el_bo and @monz0id give it a rest. If you two want to bicker back and forth use the PM. Why should every other member have to read through your disagreement or personal offense just to discuss the OP/Waves? That’s a rhetorical question. They shouldn’t. So stop bickering please.

Yeah, sorry! I also didn't see your post before my last reply.

• edited March 2023

@CapnWillie said:
    @el_bo and @monz0id give it a rest. If you two want to bicker back and forth use the PM. Why should every other member have to read through your disagreement or personal offense just to discuss the OP/Waves? That’s a rhetorical question. They shouldn’t. So stop bickering please.

I’m not bickering, I’m defending myself. If there was competent moderation on here I wouldn’t have to.

If it’s a problem for you then put me on ignore like I do with the abusers and shit-stirrers.

Enough of this crap.

• @pepebaõ said:

@Strizbiz said:
    This is really crazy, I bought a pretty decent amount of Waves plugins and bundles over the last 3 years, the prices where definitely reasonable , its really a shame Im not going to be able to update them. Now people some people who where interested in buying legit Waves plugins are probably going to go the pirate route and that's not good for future development , I hope it works out for them but I'm definitely
    not going to pat $25 a month, Ill just stick to the ones I already bought.

I thought updates were not free already after 1 year?

I saw a video recently of a guy who had to pay over $230 to get the updates for 4 plugins. If you buy ten plugins for 30$ and have to pay 300$ the following year, this subscription model is much more profitable.

That’s true, you need to renew your update plan but at least you had the option to do it and still own the plugin outright, personally I was planning on renewing the ones that my update plan aren’t current with atm when I upgrade to an M1 Mac from my current Intel Mac, now I’ll have to subscribe. I prefer a perpetual license over subscription, of course you get a lot more when when you subscribe, most of the time more than you’ll end up using but tbh have have all the Waves stuff I want.

• I wish I remembered the name of that very straightforward German YouTuber, whose video first introduced to me this company and their shady update plan. I was about to buy quite some stuff from them and because of that video and some follow-up reading I never did. Credit to you, unknown Freund, for saving me from them. 👍

• I bought realtune from them on discount for $9 and then got a bunch of free stuff so I have no dog in this fight but yea subs can suck big time. There's also too many of these services and plugins for this to be worth it.

• edited March 2023

Yeah, despite having a couple dozen Wave plugins, including a few that I really loved, I basically just wrote all of them off and found replacements in all my projects a few years back. The maintenance costs, the fear of having the usb drive with licenses dying, the removal of old installers, the frequent orphaning of older versions on MacOS… it was all just too big a pain... the sub actually sounds easier. But I would never invest in a new platform where access just immediately stops the moment you stop paying. I do have a subscription with Plugin-Alliance, but they give me vouchers each year to purchase 10 free plugins permanently, so my faves will always be there. (And of course, I can also buy them outside of the subscription during their frequent sales…)

• Waves screwed me over on their new sampler Cr8 the first and last plugin I have owned or will own from them

• @pepebaõ said:
    I saw a video recently of a guy who had to pay over $230 to get the updates for 4 plugins. If you buy ten plugins for 30$ and have to pay 300$ the following year, this subscription model is much more profitable.

No fan of WUP here but that image is extraordinarily misleading.

There are 4 "Expired" plugins listed at the top and then you see just below more plugins checked that continue below the fold in the category "Covered" and we do not see how many are there. Very like quite a few. The 4 expired plugins at the top would have cost under $40 to WUP, depending on whether taking advantage of a 25% off sale and via a reseller.

• edited March 2023

I have replaced all the plug ins I use from waves with other companies…and that’s just from the hidden subscription that is the maintenance plan. I only subscribe to one platform…and that is because there is value there for me. I only use about 12 waves plug ins…so this won’t effects me at all…

I have cr8 but never got into it…. I also have mimic that is very similar to cr8
    I have vocal bender…. I also have vt-4 hardware from Roland that kills it
    I have the vocal rider plug…. I also have accusonus equivalent

All in all I am going to miss the badass fm synth ….but I just bought a few more hardware synths so I’ll live.
    Buy hardware folks…. You would be surprised how much you will like the fact of something just being what it is.
    Tactile control rules as well. Hardware does die…but not as fast as this software
    Plus I find that software updates so much that a lot of it just stays beta or broken too much.

That’s my 5 cents …
    Everything in software is definitely going subscription.

It will come down to how many $20 per month or more subs you can afford to stay up. You will have to pick and choose your tools wisely anyways.
    I will use my waves stuff until I update and break it all…then I will not repair it.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Bye, Felicia.

I said that to them some years ago, and glad I did. I got tired of buying plugins on sale only to find that they stop working within a year or two and the only option is to buy a new version. Never quite the bargain I thought I had got.

• On the positive side, it now becomes a more level playing ground. PC users now get to share in the pain of WUP that Mac users have had the pleasure of enduring for years.
    For anybody new just starting with Waves it might seem to be a bargain. For Mac users who only had a smallish selection of plugins, but still had to pay around the $250 mark to update them it might still feel like a bit of a bargain. For people who like a little independence and security about their plugin collection - maybe not so much.

There are plenty of great plugin manufacturers out there though so it’s not like we’re spoilt for choice.

I think the biggest issue here is the manner in which Waves has gone about this. It’s really nasty and unfriendly to their customer base. It also puts into question the integrity of the so called “pros” who have associated their names with this company. Bit sad really.

• I would NOT be surprised at all if the bigger waves endorsers get a yearly subscription for ‘free’ to promote the plug-is, it would be very cost-effective marketing for the plug-ins, just like promo-codes are for apps…

• waves plugins used to be good, wayyyyy back in the day when there were very little options. Nowadays, their plugins suck in comparison. pull up ole CLA 76 and a/b it with UAD 1176, its night and day. Even free Analog Obsession plugins blow waves out the water in sonic quality.

good riddance

• @shinyisshiny said:
    waves plugins used to be good, wayyyyy back in the day when there were very little options. Nowadays, their plugins suck in comparison. pull up ole CLA 76 and a/b it with UAD 1176, its night and day. Even free Analog Obsession plugins blow waves out the water in sonic quality.

good riddance

Meh…yet, some of us are still using Waves and stock plugins daily and releasing records, no problem. They may not sound “the best” but it’s light years better than what we had 25+ years ago. It’s not always about having the best tools, it’s about having solid tools that do the job.

Also, regarding the 1176, I’ve used A LOT of hardware versions (vintage, new, clones, blackface, blue stripe) and every single one sounds/behaves different. So, I wouldn’t get to caught up on the “perfect” 1176 emulation 😁

• I really don't get it why those who produce records or 'beats' for a living would even dare to complain about the $24.99 monthly subscription. It's like what charging a client for 30 minutes or work or even less than that...

...maybe those who complain loudly in various Youtube videos have very few clients?
    (I mean seriously if they can hustle around in a $100.000 studios they can more than likely pay the $24.99 per moth as well).