Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano roll app for suggester

For my iPad I’m looking for a great app that isn’t too heavy, that has a piano roll .
I want to import chord progressions made in suggester but add some life to the movement. Then send it out to an external midi synth. I was looking at beatmaker, but there doesn’t seem to be a great piano roll. I’m open to anything. I just want to play smooth string chords and stabs. Thanks!

Comments

• Atom 2

Drambo

LK

Helium

• Are you using a host like AUM, Cubasis, Drambo, or Loopy Pro?

Or are you running Suggester in stand-alone?

• I’ve fallen in love with dRambo’s piano roll. ❤️(Speaking as a former Atom 2-aholic)

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

Xequence 2. It's rock solid and has arguably the best piano roll on iOS, and nothing extra that you don't need if all you're doing is sending MIDI out to a MIDI synth.

• Suggester stand alone

• @wim said:
    Xequence 2. It's rock solid and has arguably the best piano roll on iOS, and nothing extra that you don't need if all you're doing is sending MIDI out to a MIDI synth.

Thanks.. But how do you do Scale/Key Transpose in Xequence, as Atom2 does? Xequence as Auv3 would be nice…

• None of these look like a piano roll, like the one in garage band. I don’t get why they have stifled that app. It looks great but no midi output and sample rate capped at 44.1 . I don’t get it

• Atom 2 looks pretty good, I’ll keep looking but that is bookmarked thanks!

• @sleestack808 said:
    For my iPad I’m looking for a great app that isn’t too heavy, that has a piano roll .
    I want to import chord progressions made in suggester but add some life to the movement. Then send it out to an external midi synth. I was looking at beatmaker, but there doesn’t seem to be a great piano roll. I’m open to anything. I just want to play smooth string chords and stabs. Thanks!

Here's another way - drag and drop chords from Suggester into Tonality chords pads. Maybe edit the chords in Tonality to let them play over a few octaves. Then use the Strummer function in Tonality to bring these to life a bit and record that output into something like Atom2 or the other options mentioned above. Oh, Tonality chord pads has a sustain function too. 🔥

• @sleestack808 said:

A creative option would be to use step polyarp .. works like a charm with a bit a of music theory manipulation

• My favorite workflow with this is drag and dropping the suggester chords into MultiTrackStudio (MTS) and editing there. If u use a QWERTY, MTS has the best piano roll on iOS IMO, with qwerty shortcuts, mouse/trackpad support etc.

For going strictly touch based, Xequence 2 is gorgeous. The new split screen possibilities are great. Also, Atom 2 is one u can take everywhere since its Au midi fx but it's a lil tedious with drag n dropping from suggester since it makes each dropped item into a different pattern vs letting it all be on the same roll, (prior to you merging them)

• I cannot share from Suggester to dRambo, is this not possible?
    Or again a problem with me having to much Apps?

Anyways, sharing to Xequence 2 works fine 🤗

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

@tja said:
    I cannot share from Suggester to dRambo, is this not possible?

Drambo doesn't have midi import or export at this time. Adding that isn't high on the priorities list from what I've read.

• @Gavinski said:

@sleestack808 said:

Here's another way - drag and drop chords from Suggester into Tonality chords pads. Maybe edit the chords in Tonality to let them play over a few octaves. Then use the Strummer function in Tonality to bring these to life a bit and record that output into something like Atom2 or the other options mentioned above. Oh, Tonality chord pads has a sustain function too. 🔥

Yea I love tonality.

• Xequence 2 although not Au, is IAA, and just added split screen view in an update. Loads in AUM as IAA.

Otherwise most iOS daw’s, or an Au piano roll like Atom 2, Helium, LK with matrix unlock, inside a host, like AUM, Apematrix, Audiobus 3, etc…

• edited March 2023

@wim said:

@tja said:
    I cannot share from Suggester to dRambo, is this not possible?

Drambo doesn't have midi import or export at this time. Adding that isn't high on the priorities list from what I've read.

But it can record MIDI just fine, from pretty much anywhere.

Here’s one way: Load Suggester as an Audio Unit MIDI Processor, and you’ll have a REC button to record all of your Suggester chord progressions into Drambo’s piano roll easily.

• Damn , lots of options MultiTrackStudio looks good so far. Thanks everyone 🙏

• Is there a way to make multitrackstudio a slave in midi? On an iPad? Or is midi not happening on these apps? Just curious. I could just sample phrases and trigger them from Assimil8or.
    Thanks