Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr update! (Not AUv3, but other stuff)

Nope, still no Auv3!

‘New @Samplr update is out! Fixed the iOS 16 bug that stretched the UI. Also increased record length and doubled the number of voices per sample‘

Comments

• Wow, a @Samplr update after all this time. Even without AUV3, I'm interested to see what the update has brought me. I love Samplr dearly.

• edited March 2023

One of the very best, most intuitively designed and playable apps for iPad. Have used it in live settings on several occasions.

• When I saw the thread title I thought it was AUv3 news, but alas…

Still, good to see it still being updated.

• Needs AUv3

• Great to see that this great app is maintained and still alive 😊

• Don’t care if it gets AUV3 treatment or not, I’m just happy it’s being updated. One of my all time favorites.

• I guess it needs a total rewrite for it being able to run as AUv3.
    It's quite old, but yeah, still priceless :)

• If only "The Mona Lisa" was 3D... :smiley:

• edited March 2023

@Simon said:
    If only "The Mona Lisa" was 3D... :smiley:

If it was 3D we’d be able to use it in 3D hosts with state saving etc. ATM only audiobus allows that but even that gets less attention these days with Loopy Pro taking over.

I was/am probably one of the most engaged Samplr user but I’m using it less and less because of the lack of 3D. I can imagine this happening to other people too. Shame.

Just saying.

Edit: I’m pretty sure a lot of people would happily part with £20 for a 3D version if that was to ever happen as this app has a legendary status.

• @supadom said:
    Edit: I’m pretty sure a lot of people would happily part with £20 for a 3D version

But probably not enough to make it worthwhile for the developer to rewrite it.

• @Simon said:

@supadom said:
    Edit: I’m pretty sure a lot of people would happily part with £20 for a 3D version

I always think that is the likely reason for most apps that don’t become AUv3 when there’s pretty obviously a demand for it.

I guess we can dream though…

• @Simon said:

@supadom said:

At this point, with Samplr being far from dev’s main revenue I’d say it probably wouldn’t be strictly about money.

• @supadom said:
    At this point, with Samplr being far from dev’s main revenue I’d say it probably wouldn’t be strictly about money.

I've been waiting for some dev to jump in and do a "Samplr knock off" AUv3 app.

• @Simon said:

If only she would expose her parameters for modulation.

• @Simon said:

It is if viewed in a museum setting. Paint, canvas, frame…all have 3 dimensions.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Simon said:

If only she would expose her parameters for modulation.

🙈🙈🙈😂😂😂

• I am grateful to the App Gods in general and Sir Samplr in particular.

• Whats this obsession with AU’s? I’m old school

• @crifytosp said:
    Whats this obsession with AU’s? I’m old school

I mean I prefer AU. It’s more convenient and easier to use. Plays better with other hosts and apps. More stable and more future proof. But I’m also not one of those that refuses to use an app purely because it’s not an audio unit. That seems a little silly to me.

• New update out. Surprised there isn’t a thread for it already!

• Well, there is. It’s this thread. I guess I meant I was surprised that no one else has mentioned it….

• @Kashi said:
    Well, there is. It’s this thread. I guess I meant I was surprised that no one else has mentioned it….

Thanks for the nudge. Very happy this piece of genius is still getting oiled.

• @Kashi said:
    New update out. Surprised there isn’t a thread for it already!

I don't have my iPad with me, but the app store says you can now use a midi controller?! How does that work? Can you use both a midi controller and the screen at the same time?

• @circledsquare said:

@Kashi said:
    New update out. Surprised there isn’t a thread for it already!

I don't have my iPad with me, but the app store says you can now use a midi controller?! How does that work? Can you use both a midi controller and the screen at the same time?

Not sure, haven't tried connecting midi controller yet. Excited to give it a go later!

• Nice, I was testing the beta and Marcos implemented the additional midi features I asked for, this is great update :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Nice, I was testing the beta and Marcos implemented the additional midi features I asked for, this is great update :)

Oh?

• edited February 14

I still don’t have my midi controller nearby so can’t play around with that. @Carnbot - what else is new? I’ve opened it up but can’t figure out what other changes have been made (?)
    Edit: just went back to App Store and it does seem that using a midi controller is the only new thing (other than some technical tweaking to solve an issue with distortion). I didn’t mean to sound ungrateful….but just wondered if there were other new features. Still a wonderful app!

• edited February 14

@Kashi said:
    I still don’t have my midi controller nearby so can’t play around with that. @Carnbot - what else is new? I’ve opened it up but can’t figure out what other changes have been made (?)
    Edit: just went back to App Store and it does seem that using a midi controller is the only new thing (other than some technical tweaking to solve an issue with distortion). I didn’t mean to sound ungrateful….but just wondered if there were other new features. Still a wonderful app!

This update is all about the midi, some really useful midi features include each sample slot can have it's own midi channel and now other apps and sequencers on the same ipad can send midi to Samplr, this wasn't possible on the initial implementation of midi without using a workaround.

Also midi keyboards and sequencers can send notes which can be recorded by the Samplr sequencer recorder not just by touch which is another nice feature, this was also added recently. Initially you could just play the notes live but not record the midi into Samplr, so I'm glad he added that too :)

Overall it really extends the automation possibilities of Samplr...

• Ah ok, gotcha. Sounds good. I'll be honest, I don't entirely understand what this means....hopefully Leo @sfm or @Gavinski will do a vid in due course, explaining how these features work. Or maybe there's already a video explaining it all? Cheers @Carnbot !

• Gesture Record beat length has also been extended in the sequencer, not sure what it was before or what the new limit is, but I haven't found the limit yet, it's another thing I really wanted in the previous released version of Samplr...