Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Record midi into cubasis? Please help!

I want to record ifretlessbass MIDI into Cubasis, i've managed to do it by playing it on cubasis keyboard, but it kinda sucks, doesn't have the note sliding, the velocity control and the volume is really loud, weird and distorted. I want to do it by playing the bass right on ifretlessbass and send the midi to cubasis. There's an option on the app to use it as an output and send to cubasis, but cubasis don't recognize the app as an imput. What should I do?

Comments

• Oh, the only reason I want to record MIDI instead of recording the audio directly with audiobus is because when I do it there Is a delay that makes it out of tempo. The solution I found is record In MIDI then quantify the track to adjust to the tempo. Is there a better idea? All I want to do is use ifretlessbass on cubasis in a good way.

• Well, I even get to record midi notes from the ifretless bass, but no sound comes from them and I cant record the midi into an audiotrack. :(((

• edited August 2014

I'm coming to the conclusion iFretlessBass MIDI In is broken. I've tried driving it from Cubasis, LittleMidiMachine, BS-16i, and an external QuNexus keyboard contoller, with no luck at all. I can see the MIDI Out from the various sources lighting up the QuNexus keys, and the QuNexus, Cubasis and LMM all play the BS fine.

You say you managed to get sound using the Cubasis keyboard was it like this pic? i.e. selected instrument is "No Instrument"?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'll give that a try then. Thx.

• @dwarman said:

I'm coming to the conclusion iFretlessBass MIDI In is broken. I've tried driving it from Cubasis, LittleMidiMachine, BS-16i, and an external QuNexus keyboard contoller, with no luck at all. I can see the MIDI Out from the various sources lighting up the QuNexus keys, and the QuNexus, Cubasis and LMM all play the BS fine.

You say you managed to get sound using the Cubasis keyboard was it like this pic? i.e. selected instrument is "No Instrument"?

Yeah, exacty, im gonna try reinstalling.