Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM - Beat 031823a (Early 2000s HipHop Created 100% in Gadget, Polished in AUM)

edited March 2023 in Creations

Alrighty, I created this beat 100% in Gadget and polished it in AUM with RX950, MagicDeathEyeStereo, a slight application of Baby Audio's Pitch Drift (but not too crazy), Barricade, and YouLean's Loudness Meter.

In Gadget I used Recife for the drums and the reverse sfx, Dublin for the synth bass, Phoenix for the lead, Glasgow for the Pizz Strings and Orch Hit, Marseille for the High Strings, Darwin for the Koto and Waterphone (the latter which is heard during the first 8 bars), and Amsterdam for the Explosion effect.

Cheers, enjoy, and please comment what you think. :mrgreen:

Comments

• Nice job! If I had to point to anything, it'd be that I think the kick is a little too loud. It's got so much punch, though, that I imagine sitting it back a tad would still provide a lot of impact. Just an opinion, of course.

• @el_bo said:
    Nice job! If I had to point to anything, it'd be that I think the kick is a little too loud. It's got so much punch, though, that I imagine sitting it back a tad would still provide a lot of impact. Just an opinion, of course.

Thanks for the feedback mate. :) Yeah, the kick has a bit too much strength now that you mention it, but I'd rather stronger than weaker, but all good. :mrgreen:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:
    Nice job! If I had to point to anything, it'd be that I think the kick is a little too loud. It's got so much punch, though, that I imagine sitting it back a tad would still provide a lot of impact. Just an opinion, of course.

Thanks for the feedback mate. :) Yeah, the kick has a bit too much strength now that you mention it, but I'd rather stronger than weaker, but all good. :mrgreen:

To clarify, I like the strength i.e impact, just think it's a little too forward. Anyway, like you say...all good

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

To clarify, I like the strength i.e impact, just think it's a little too forward. Anyway, like you say...all good

:) Righto mate. Cheers.

• Ah, Orch hits! They take me back (it was ‘Orch 5’ on the Fairlight which got the ball rolling, iirk.) Those claps too - I like them but probably for the wrong reason. They sound like bone crack sounds. I keep imagining someone dropping from an upper storey of a building, landing awkwardly , their ankle turning and… crack! Clap!

Also that ‘dragging a body across a stone floor’ sound.. Love it!

You could definitely score the preliminary phase of a whimsical Jackie Chan chase/fight to this. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Alrighty, I created this beat 100% in Gadget and polished it in AUM with RX950, MagicDeathEyeStereo, a slight application of Baby Audio's Pitch Drift (but not too crazy), Barricade, and YouLean's Loudness Meter.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Love the beat, and I can hear a little Asian flair on this creation.
    Quite cinematic, and very enjoyable.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Ah, Orch hits! They take me back (it was ‘Orch 5’ on the Fairlight which got the ball rolling, iirk.) Those claps too - I like them but probably for the wrong reason. They sound like bone crack sounds. I keep imagining someone dropping from an upper storey of a building, landing awkwardly , their ankle turning and… crack! Clap!

Also that ‘dragging a body across a stone floor’ sound.. Love it!

LOL! You really do have a morbid way of thinking. x'D Haha.

You could definitely score the preliminary phase of a whimsical Jackie Chan chase/fight to this. :)

Probably so. :)

@ReneAsologuitar said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Love the beat, and I can hear a little Asian flair on this creation.
    Quite cinematic, and very enjoyable.

Thanks mate. :) I'm glad you dug it. If you truly want "cinematic", you should hear what I just created for my segment of the "Metropolis" score.