Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Should I buy Tera Pro and BrainZ IAP?

2»

Comments

• @gkillmaster said:
    Thanks again everyone. I ended up getting TP + Brainz and I love it a lot. It's worth it for the Krell patches alone much less all the other very diverse possibilities!

I'm happy for you. Indeed TP can create cool sounds.

• @solncekreeze said:

@gkillmaster said:
    Thanks again everyone. I ended up getting TP + Brainz and I love it a lot. It's worth it for the Krell patches alone much less all the other very diverse possibilities!

I'm happy for you. Indeed TP can create cool sounds.

Thank you!

• @sevenape said:
    If you want to try brainz for gratis, try the spectrum synthesiser bundle, it has the same plaits module included in it. :) that will help you decide on that part at least.

I love Spectrum. But chose not to get Tera Pro and Brainz.

• @gkillmaster Good move. IMO, TP is about the best-sounding iOS synth I have tried. The Waves IAP purchase is well worth it (Drambo waves modules IAP is also v good, but TP has the edge sonically) - gets you into Waldorf Iridium territory.

• @ElectroHead said:
    @gkillmaster Good move. IMO, TP is about the best-sounding iOS synth I have tried. The Waves IAP purchase is well worth it (Drambo waves modules IAP is also v good, but TP has the edge sonically) - gets you into Waldorf Iridium territory.

Thank you! The more time I spend with it, the more I realize it’s true what you say!

• In addition to it's great sound, there's a couple of features which make it a winner for me:

a) LFO's and multi-envelopes sync as they should to external midi clock
    b) Instant response to midi program change AND the previous preset tails off until its cycle finishes (as long as the generous voice count allows)

• The Brainz IAP is pure sampler fodder for me especially when run thru the AUv3 effects in the free Spectrum.app.
    Both are based on the Mutable Instruments stuff and do complement each other nicely.

Personally I prefer the Drambo WaveTable oscillator over TP WaveTable for various reasons which mainly have to do with the way it's possible to mangle the wave-table and use the wavetable oscillator including it's effects as a modulation source.

• Yeh, I was so happy to realize you could change presets via MIDI Program Change!

I didn't get the Wavetable IAP so good to know about that functionality in Drambo! Thanks for mentioning, @Samu.

• Hey folks, very basic question here from someone who doesn't have Tera Pro - using the Brainz IAP, is tit possible to place a filter/filter section after the oscillator with envelopes,, modulation etc?

• Also, do the Brainz and Ringz IAPs support glide/portamento?

• @handed said:
    Hey folks, very basic question here from someone who doesn't have Tera Pro - using the Brainz IAP, is tit possible to place a filter/filter section after the oscillator with envelopes,, modulation etc?

That’s actually a pretty darn good question, even for someone like me, who’s already bought Tera Pro and most of the IAPs.

All I can tell you is that this synth has a workflow unlike any other, in the way you might want to build a patch.

While I don’t have a clue how to put things together myself, I did spot this Brainz preset that might interest you.

• @handed said:
    Hey folks, very basic question here from someone who doesn't have Tera Pro - using the Brainz IAP, is tit possible to place a filter/filter section after the oscillator with envelopes,, modulation etc?

Yes. Tera Pro is modular and module signal flow can be arranged as you like.

• @Edward_Alexander @wim

Appreciate both of your responses, thank you.

• edited February 7

@handed said:

You can do this easily: in the mixer, choose filter on the desired channel, and then in the filter, choose OSC. Every OSC can have its own filter.

It’s the same process with BrainZ and any other module.

• @Luxthor said:

You can do this easily: in the mixer, choose filter on the desired channel, and then in the filter, choose OSC. Every OSC can have its own filter.

Thank you for that. 🙂

So, I’ve been binge watching Leo’s @sfm tutorials today, trying to reacquaint myself with this synth, as I just purchased the latest Ringz IAP (even though I told myself I was going to pass on it, as I haven’t really used the last IAP that I purchased. After hearing some recent demos however, my interest has returned in full effect!)

Truth be told, I have learned this sort of reverse synth building in TP before, but then I get used to the left to right signal flow in Drambo or other synths, then I feel lost again when I fire up Tera Pro.

There’s no denying that this is a powerhouse synth! There’s also no denying that it works a little differently, as far as signal flow and connections go, when compared to most other synths on the platform.

Since this is a “should I buy?” thread, I’ll add: YES! Buy it all!

This tutorial by Leo @sfm is a good one. It shows a lot of how the connections work, and an example of one of the head scratcher moments, where I was like “whaaat”?? At 3:50, he shows how the wave shaper takes it’s input from the mixer, (but the mixer is after the shaper) and then the mixer, gets it’s input from the shaper. Crazy right? 😵‍💫

• @Edward_Alexander said:

This tutorial by Leo @sfm is a good one. It shows a lot of how the connections work, and an example of one of the head scratcher moments, where I was like “whaaat”?? At 3:50, he shows how the wave shaper takes it’s input from the mixer, (but the mixer is after the shaper) and then the mixer, gets it’s input from the shaper. Crazy right? 😵‍💫

Yes, I’m glad you mentioned Leo, he is a fantastic instructor. Regarding the shaper, you can also connect a filter after the shaper, for example, the formant one. Just don’t try to connect all this with arrows, haha.

• @gkillmaster said:
    I told myself recently that I won't buy any more music software unless it truly provides something unique as far as I can determine it.

Yeah I tried that once.

Failed. 🫤

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Luxthor said:

Thank you for that. 🙂

So, I’ve been binge watching Leo’s @sfm tutorials today, trying to reacquaint myself with this synth, as I just purchased the latest Ringz IAP (even though I told myself I was going to pass on it, as I haven’t really used the last IAP that I purchased. After hearing some recent demos however, my interest has returned in full effect!)

Truth be told, I have learned this sort of reverse synth building in TP before, but then I get used to the left to right signal flow in Drambo or other synths, then I feel lost again when I fire up Tera Pro.

There’s no denying that this is a powerhouse synth! There’s also no denying that it works a little differently, as far as signal flow and connections go, when compared to most other synths on the platform.

Thanks for that. I’ve had to since release and was able to somewhat maneuver around then but kinda fell out of using it, and even with the new IAPs I’ve mostly been tweaking presets because it is daunting. Definitely gonna watch that because I genuinely do want to learn this one through and through. It’s one of the best synths on iOS sound wise.

• @klownshed said:

@gkillmaster said:
    I told myself recently that I won't buy any more music software unless it truly provides something unique as far as I can determine it.

Yeah I tried that once.

Failed. 🫤

😂😂 I’ve been pretty good at buying waaaay less but haven’t stopped completely. I think I’ve only bought a handful of plugins since Black Friday. 5-6 maybe.