Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seek Timeline, Signature & Update Tempo questions

Hi

I'm exploring all LP features, and looks like this is a great app. I'm trying to import a full backing track and would love to use the Seek Timeline assigned to few buttons to jump to verse, chorus...

Using a single clip (with Play Once) allows to play it linear by default. This is the ideal case when all works fine with the band. I have then just to start the playback and focus on my piano part, no other action required on the app during the song.

But my guitarist likes to extend sometime the solo part (or starts to late :))... So the idea would be to assign few buttons with Seek Timeline gesture to jump easily to other part of the song (verse1, chorus, verse2, solo....)

Have you already used to app in this way?

My concern is that the song tempo is not linear, the signature is mainly 6/8 but in two places a single 9/8 bar is inserted...

My questions:
1. The Seek Timeline is designed to seek on bar, but here my master tempo is not in sync with the clip. I have zero chance to set the position to the beginning of a verse for example. How this can be achieved?
2. Ideally I would need to define a kind of tempo map in the sequencer. Is this possible?
3. What is the 'Update Tempo - Keep bar duration constant' option ? Is this not always the case?

Thanks
-Chris

Comments

• Hey Chris. I think you might be better off splitting the track up into separate components and then putting them in a ”one at a time” playgroup so that you can switch between the sections by tapping on them. If you make sure that phase lock is off, you should be fine with the different lengths

• thanks that's a good solution. Adding a Follow Action on each clip should also help to predefine the default sequence!

• Hi! I was wondering how did Loopy Pro define sections when we use them in the ‘seek timeline’ action.
    How does he know when to start section 1 and when is section 5 starting?

Thanks for all of your work Michael!

• @joaehun said:
    Hi! I was wondering how did Loopy Pro define sections when we use them in the ‘seek timeline’ action.

It does it based the segments that're in the sequencer - a section is a stretch of time where there're no changes in the segments that are active.

• @Michael said:

@joaehun said:
    Hi! I was wondering how did Loopy Pro define sections when we use them in the ‘seek timeline’ action.

It does it based the segments that're in the sequencer - a section is a stretch of time where there're no changes in the segments that are active.

Got it! Thank you so much again and whenever there's another update you can count me in! ;)