Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Caustic

2»

Comments

• edited March 2023

@purpan2 said:

@Simon said:

@senhorlampada said:
    I use them on iOS, Android and PC

How did you install them in iOS?

Settings/options/skin (click on box). Takes you to caustic forum. You’ll need a user login to go to skinning forum. Download the skin and use ios share menu to open in Caustic. Then load the skin via the options menu.

Thanks. I'll try that.

EDIT: tried your method but it didn't work as I was downloading it from GoogleDrive.

When I used DropBox download it worked fine. Thanks again!

• For those who don't know Caustic:

The Mac and Windows versions are free, so give it a go:
    https://singlecellsoftware.com/caustic

• Glad some people are liking the Echo and Jupiter skins. I think they give the facelift it needs :wink:

Sorry for those who asked how to install and I couldn't reply. My personal PC died on me this week. Trying to fix it. The only thing I can remember is using iTunes and/or iFunbox to transfer them to my ipad.
    But seems some of you manage to work it out :lol:

• @Simon said:
    For those who don't know Caustic:

The Mac and Windows versions are free, so give it a go:
    https://singlecellsoftware.com/caustic

I think the Mac Caustic no longer works on recent OSX versions.

• I still use Caustic regularly. Is it broken for everybody on iOS 16?

• @ecou said:
    I still use Caustic regularly. Is it broken for everybody on iOS 16?

I’ve noticed that you have to start the app on phone whilst holding it in landscape orientation. Starting it in portrait makes app unusable on IPhone 12 iOS 16

• @Simon said:

@purpan2 said:

@Simon said:

@senhorlampada said:
    I use them on iOS, Android and PC

How did you install them in iOS?

Settings/options/skin (click on box). Takes you to caustic forum. You’ll need a user login to go to skinning forum. Download the skin and use ios share menu to open in Caustic. Then load the skin via the options menu.

Thanks. I'll try that.

EDIT: tried your method but it didn't work as I was downloading it from GoogleDrive.

When I used DropBox download it worked fine. Thanks again!

Still no luck. Working from DB shows no Caustic in the share menu.

• @Ailerom said:

I didn't make notes on how I did the install but from memory I think that once I downloaded Echo from DropBox I was automatically given a list of apps to open it in. I think the list was from DropBox. Caustic was on the list.

DB seemed to know that Caustic was the app to open it in. Files didn't know that and didn't give me Caustic as a choice on it's list.

I also made sure any copies of Echo I earlier downloded to the iPad were deleted before I downloaded from DB.

Note: I am using an older version (14) of iOS.

• @Simon said:

@Ailerom said:

I didn't make notes on how I did the install but from memory I think that once I downloaded Echo from DropBox I was automatically given a list of apps to open it in. I think the list was from DropBox. Caustic was on the list.

DB seemed to know that Caustic was the app to open it in. Files didn't know that and didn't give me Caustic as a choice on it's list.

I also made sure any copies of Echo I earlier downloded to the iPad were deleted before I downloaded from DB.

Note: I am using an older version (14) of iOS.

Thanks. I haven't tried moving it from DB to the Files app.

• edited March 2023

Just had a fiddle for the first time in a longtime and was reminded how easily it is to write a really nice little snoogle on this thing.

(A snoogle being a cute little piece of business without any really definition or particular purpose but surely likely to be worthwile with just a bit more snobbling.)

• I just downloaded it with the latest iOS and everything looks normal...

• FWIW, I happened to fire up my old iPad2 and Caustic was there. I tried the FTP server and it runs fine. So I guess it's simply broken on later versions of iOS.