Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WoodTroller by Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio

Comments

• @all @Pxlhg @solncekreeze : I will gladly add any synth (or other effect or pedal) preset to the factory presets.

I just submitted 1.0.4 to the AppStore (you should see it later tonight or tomorrow) with these fixes :

• fixed UI update bug after editing Rotary name
    • replaced rotary midi CC mapping min and max edit fields with sliders for easier editing
    • iCloud folder “WoodTroller” containing the presets now visible in iCloud Drive
    • Advanced panel “x” button now working
    • Added “Browse” presets to preset menu

new features is for the 1.1 update somewhere next week ... (need to sleep too sometimes :-)

Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @all @Pxlhg @solncekreeze : I will gladly add any synth (or other effect or pedal) preset to the factory presets.

I just submitted 1.0.4 to the AppStore (you should see it later tonight or tomorrow) with these fixes :

• fixed UI update bug after editing Rotary name
    • replaced rotary midi CC mapping min and max edit fields with sliders for easier editing
    • iCloud folder “WoodTroller” containing the presets now visible in iCloud Drive
    • Advanced panel “x” button now working
    • Added “Browse” presets to preset menu

new features is for the 1.1 update somewhere next week ... (need to sleep too sometimes :-)

Woodman

Thank you very much. We are waiting;)

• I took the WoodTroller for a test drive targeting the excellent instruments in Roli’s Noise Melody AUv3.
    I like the response of light taps contrasting with finger gliding between notes and sliding upwards to add volume and
    CC=74 (Filter Frequency in the MIDI Standard).

It’s a winner on my iPad for expressive control. Now I need to read the docs and find out what the various knobs are intended to do for expression, chorus etc.

• @McD said:
    I took the WoodTroller for a test drive targeting the excellent instruments in Roli’s Noise Melody AUv3.
    I like the response of light taps contrasting with finger gliding between notes and sliding upwards to add volume and

It’s a winner on my iPad for expressive control. Now I need to read the docs and find out what the various knobs are intended to do for expression, chorus etc.

Do you have a website and instructions open?

• @solncekreeze said:

@McD said:
    I took the WoodTroller for a test drive targeting the excellent instruments in Roli’s Noise Melody AUv3.

Click the '?' inside the app, it will take you to the online manual 👍

• @Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

@McD said:

I tried;) But the site doesn't open. Therefore, it would be good if a tutorial was attached here. This was done on Woodsynth.

• @solncekreeze said:

@Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

@McD said:

I tried;) But the site doesn't open. Therefore, it would be good if a tutorial was attached here. This was done on Woodsynth.

Oh yeah I forgot, actually that didn't work for me either but I thought it was my vpn. @woodman link must be broken.

I'll upload the PDF as a zip file later if Woodman doesn't do it first

• the manual, I'll check the website
    Woodman

• Help attached in the zip file below 👍

• @woodman said:
    the manual, I'll check the website
    Woodman

Thanks. Opened. But it works very slowly.

• @McD said:

Those are examples of the changeable titles but I think by default are addressed to WoodSynth.

@woodman said:
    @all @Pxlhg @solncekreeze : I will gladly add any synth (or other effect or pedal) preset to the factory presets.

That's very generous of you. The problem is that you often first have to decide what CC should represent what on the target synth so you have to work in tandem if you want to do a more permanent solution, as I said I did one for Tomofon but forgot to change it in Tomofon first and just used MIdI Learn thus it mostly only worked with that specific Tomofon preset I used at the time (not smart of me I'll admit 😊). If I (or you: reader) come across ones that can be made more permanent I'll contact you :)

• @Pxlhg : yes I had the same experience when looking to add a few more presets (besides the WoodSynth one) that the synths we looked at all had midi learn but no default midi CC's (except the ModWheel and Expression which are default)
    Woodman

• edited March 2023

@woodman said:
    @Pxlhg : yes I had the same experience when looking to add a few more presets (besides the WoodSynth one) that the synths we looked at all had midi learn but no default midi CC's (except the ModWheel and Expression which are default)
    Woodman

Yeah, if they could ship with a suggestive map you could import, beside the default states (Pitch, MW, Volume and Panning etc) that occupy such a small number of the list, that would have been truly great. I'm about to contact Klevgrand on other subjects, I will test the waters see if they can make a map one can import.🫰

edit: Tomofon, for one, do have the option in stand alone to fill in every knob or slider with a CC and it will become permanent, for you. No export (or import)

• Wow, there really isn’t a video yet on UTube? In 2023? When I search ‘Woodtroller app’ all I get are how-to-roll-a-blunt videos.

• @kgreggbruce : well there is only 24 hours in a day and I am currently fixing some bugs and adding some feature requests.
    But is someone wants to make a vid, I will give away a promo for 1 of my other apps ...
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @kgreggbruce : well there is only 24 hours in a day and I am currently fixing some bugs and adding some feature requests.
    But is someone wants to make a vid, I will give away a promo for 1 of my other apps ...
    Woodman

I don't think it's a problem to wait. I am glad that such a controller has appeared. Thanks @woodman. I think that you will improve it and make it only better.

• edited March 2023

@woodman said:
    @kgreggbruce : well there is only 24 hours in a day and I am currently fixing some bugs and adding some feature requests.
    Woodman

Not directed at you, just mean all the dozen or so iOS app dudes and dudettes I watch feverishly on the MeTubes.

And I doesn’t matter anyway, I buy pretty much any app that comes along wether it turns out to be good or not. I’m just not near my iPad or Wi-Fi for another half a day.

As soon as I get back home it will be pull out iPAd, buy your app, link it to a synth, and express myself away. I just want a video to watch on my phone to get me all hyped while I’m travelling.

• Doug at Sound Testroom is probably halfway through recording his demo as I type.

• @kgreggbruce said:
    Wow, there really isn’t a video yet on UTube? In 2023? When I search ‘Woodtroller app’ all I get are how-to-roll-a-blunt videos.

Yeah, the app has existed two full days, there should be a feature film starring John Travolta by now, for all the gods sake.

• @kgreggbruce : super !
    Woodman

• @Pxlhg said:

@kgreggbruce said:
    Wow, there really isn’t a video yet on UTube? In 2023? When I search ‘Woodtroller app’ all I get are how-to-roll-a-blunt videos.

Yeah, the app has existed two full days, there should be a feature film starring John Travolta by now, for all the gods sake.

Or a developer could launch a video, right on the App Store page along with the screen captures which would help drive more sales.

I never said anything about full length Hollywood movies or has been, over the hill, bad actors. Not sure what your problem is other than trying to be a d!ck, which you have failed miserably at.

As I explained my comment was from straight enthusiasm for my impending purchase and to support the developer. You seem to be some sort of an overly sensitive jack@ss that should think before you speak or type.

• @kgreggbruce said:

@Pxlhg said:

@kgreggbruce said:

Or a developer could launch a video, right on the App Store page along with the screen captures which would help drive more sales.

I never said anything about full length Hollywood movies or has been, over the hill, bad actors. Not sure what your problem is other than trying to be a d!ck, which you have failed miserably at.

As I explained my comment was from straight enthusiasm for my impending purchase and to support the developer. You seem to be some sort of an overly sensitive jack@ss that should think before you speak or type.

Just joking dude, don't burst an artery over a simple joke and even worse: do name calling. Well, you're right, I did fail but not for the reason you imply.

• edited March 2023

• edited March 2023

• Wonderful app!

What I would like to see in future releases:

1) X-Y touchpads;
    2) choice between knobs and sliders (IMHO sliders, unlike knobs, are ideal for touchscreens);
    3) additional keyboard
    All this can be done by changing pages in upper part of screen.

• I tested this controller by using Roil Noise as a target and Roli provides a graphical “Seaboard” like keyboard in the app.
    I use the Seaboard to validate the initial sound of a new preset and then switch to WoodController and the difference in the
    Results is simply stunning: WoodTroller has a much better touch interface for producing interesting sounds. I’d have to create
    A Video to display the huge difference just due to the MIDI implementation of this new keyboard. I also compared my previous favorite for MPE use cases, Velocity keyboard which sound like the AUM keyboard with the added Glide/pitch control.

• edited March 2023

• @Samu said:

@israelite said:

Sorry to burst your bubble you but it's the same in Eurozone. I see a price 24.99 on appslice and apple store is serving 29.99. Cheers

Sweden while being part of the EU does not use EURO as the currency...

Each country in the EU has their own VAT and the 'local' Appstores show the current EUR price including local VAT.

What Appsliced does is a EUR to USD currency conversion with no added regional VATs which can be slightly misleading.

So while both Finland and for example Germany use EUR the prices on the App Store while shown and EUR are NOT the same in both Germany and Finland...

Not really. Appslice allows user to select country of Apple Store. I have the right country selected and still the price is displayed incorrectly.

• @israelite said:

Not really. Appslice allows user to select country of Apple Store. I have the right country selected and still the price is displayed incorrectly.

Could be a bug in the appsliced web-code then if it's different compared to the price in the app-store app...