Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gauss - load wav from audioshare?

Is there some way to load a wav into Gauss from audioshare?

Also, I don't see Gauss as a target when I share a wav file in Files, can I enable this somehow?

I am often in the U-Bahn (subway/metro) and want to mess around with overdubbing 4 bar loops I've previously created (with other apps).

Comments

• edited March 2023

If I remember correctly, I don't think it does "import audio".

Would be a very useful addition.... come on Bram (hint, hint).

• @Simon said:
    If I remember correctly, I don't think it does "import audio".

Would be a very useful addition.... come on Bram (hint, hint).

Oh darn, I thought at least share wav would work. It doesn't break the tape abstraction (if we think of wav files as being tapes).

I took a look at a preset file. It looks like presets contain raw audio encoded in something like base64 for the left and right channels (the overall file is xml).

Yes, agree 100%!

• This is coming. Patience padawan! :)

• @brambos said:
    This is coming. Patience padawan! :)

Great - thank you!

• Since we're asking for features: @brambos any chance of decoupling the sequencer from the host's BPM? Or add longer intervals to the trigs?

• @Grandbear said:
    Since we're asking for features: @brambos any chance of decoupling the sequencer from the host's BPM? Or add longer intervals to the trigs?

Yes please, that was my day one wish 🙏

• @Krupa said:

@Grandbear said:
    Since we're asking for features: @brambos any chance of decoupling the sequencer from the host's BPM? Or add longer intervals to the trigs?

+1 for clock divisions/multiples 🙏

• Having lots of fun with Gauss as it is. I do have my fingers crossed for loopmarkers, the one from Fluss would be sufficient.

• @Krupa said:

@Grandbear said:

+1!

• In the meantime I think the easiest workaround for simply messing with loops and wavs is to load them in the Aum file player and add Gauss in the effect slot. The set up is very quick and you can play with busses and different instances.

• @brambos said:

Wow, that will be great, Gauss is by far one of my favorite apps!

• Good suggestions!

• @brambos said:

If an update is coming, would you consider adding the Record button state to the saved state? I have a Gauss channel/track for sound-on-sound looping (frippertronics style), where Record, Monitor, and Overdub are always on. When opening the session, a manual re-enabling of the Record button is always needed (and sometimes forgotten!).

• @Krupa said:

@Grandbear said:

yes please!

• @brambos said:

omg that would be great!!!