Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Want to present a new small album called Madness

edited March 2023 in Creations

I wrote a new small album called Madness

https://hearthis.at/frenq/madness/

Madness,

I wrote a little album about madness and know what it's like to suffer from depression and experienced that madness is not far off. Good luck to everyone who has or has had to deal with this. Anyway, enjoy this album.

Song titles

1. who is mad
  2. madness in the spring
  3. living in a madhouse
  4. falling into madness

Never the less, enjoy and let me hear what you think about it!

frenq

Comments

• Nice album overall. Just finished listening and enjoyed it. I can ear the work you put into this. So please don’t feel like I’m giving you a bad review.

Who is mad is my favorite. It is a nice introduction to the theme, balanced, well written. There is a strong sense of tension. The slow drums make for a heavy and deep base and works super well with the two guitars with the synth . I don’t think the talking voice and the louder screams add anything: your music doesn’t need it, it is evocative enough by itself.

Madness in the spring sounds great too, I usually don’t like when the piano is super quantized but it works here. Soft and moody, with an interesting contrast moth the melancholic super mechanical piano, the smooth drums and the melodic synth. Very evocative. Still don’t like the voice.

Living in a madhouse: my second favorite. But a bit frustrating: the slow progression is well made but stops too early for me. I wish you kept going and pushed that progression further toward absolute chaos: the bass would go frantic, the guitars would get more distorted and dissonance until an abrupt ending drenched in reverb. I guess you already know I’m not a big fan of the taming voice.

Falling into madness is a big departure from the 3 first tracks. The female vocalist kinda clashes hard with the music. Makes the beautiful simple theme vanishing.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Not worth more than that.

Good job

• edited March 2023

Dear @jo92346 your review of this small album is great and very helpfull. It has a meticulousness and is of a quality that strikes me. I will consider your qualifications and include them in subsequent albums. Thanks again for your detailed response. Much appreciated.

frenq

• edited March 2023

I was quickly checking your other work. I will go deeper later. “je dors et dors” kinda stands out from my limited fast exploration of your music.
    You seem to love these talking voices. There must be a reason that I might not get: I still thinks it is distracting and the quality doesn’t match the quality of the core of your music which really is self sufficient: it is super well written and really very evocative. I really love the versatility in your work. Will listen that album properly now.
    I was just sharing my train of thoughts.

• Thanks for highlighting the issue of depression.
    It is definitely becoming one of our leading societal problem, and need the education and funding required to tackle this challenge.
    Your music is so appreciated, and the message is truly needed at this time.
    Your creativity and versatility is on display, and I love it!!!
    You are very talented!!!
    Thank you for sharing this album!!!

• Thank you Rene for your sensitive comments, makes me blush.
    My talent is not too bad and you are an equally great talent, it is mainly hard work, but I like that.

Thanks again, frenq

• Another fascinating album, obviously in this case about a very serious subject.
    Great music throughout. I didn’t mind the voices as much as I thought I would but perhaps the message was hammered home a little to much, especially in section 3.
    Having said that, as Joseph said it’s just an opinion, no right or wrong 😊

• Thanks for your nice comments Tony

Regards, frenq