Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live looping effects demo video

Comments

• Thank You! This is awesome for those who are trying to figure out their setup. Including myself, obviously. I've noticed you're on a spree. Keep it that way!

• Thanks ...that was really cool..
    Maybe with more verbal instructions would be helpful ;-).....setting up midi routing seems to be the most complex and careful part of this setup.
    Maybe it won't be that expensive for a custom hardware midi rig that's designed for iOS apps starting with loopy...maybe a loopy like layout with more knobs and buttons and no keys.

• Love this set up. I want the DVD version with the Director's Commentary :)

• I particularly enjoyed the "Hitchhiker's Guide" style reference at the beginning..."Do Not Panic" ;-)

• edited August 2014

@funjunkie27 said:

I particularly enjoyed the "Hitchhiker's Guide" style reference at the beginning..."Do Not Panic" ;-)

Takes very little to make it fun for you @funjunkie27

• Ain't it the truth!

• Resistance us useless......

• Wicked. Thank you. +1 on the directors commentary version. :)

Can you explain the loop record triggering a bit on the top row of the top akai? Which commands are you triggering in Loopy? Are they pointed at fixed loop positions?

• edited August 2014

Here are my loopy's mpk midi bindings @syrupcore. Hope this makes sense. It wouldn't if somebody sent this to me! ;)

• No, I don't get the whole picture from it but my main question (fixed buttons for fixed loops) was answered. Thank you.