Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Red Animal by Genuine Soundware

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1659532824

Description:

Please note: This App comes with an AUv3 plugin extension.

Red Animal is a component modeling emulation of a vintage Vox Continenal 301 electronic organ.

INSTRUMENT BACKGROUND

Bands like the Doors, the Animals, the Monkees made the Vox Continental one of the most famous electronic organs of the 60's. This particular model was made in the UK and also in Italy and was rather simple in both electronics and features. Like many other electronic organs of the same age, the sound generator is based on the so-called "Top Octave Synthesizer", TOS for short, responsible of the generation of 12 waveforms, one for each note of the last octave of the organ keyboard. The basic waveform in this case is a low-pass filtered square wave. The lower octaves are produced by means of "divider" circuits that halve the frequency of each waveform, going so forth for each lower octave down to the pedalboard tones. This organs offers only two different registers: Sine and Master, with 4 different foot lengths.

The sound engine of GSi Red Animal is also featured in the GSi Gemini and the Crumar Mojo 61.

Of course this type of instrument gives its best if run through external effects and amps. Have a look at the GSi catalog and experiment with some of the effects offered by GSi.

Main features:

• Component Modeling engine (no samples, all real-time synthesis)
  • Full Polyphony (61 notes, 12 Top-Octave Oscillators + Frequency Dividers)
  • Key multi-contact simulation with authentic and adjustable key click
  • Authentic recreation of the Vox register filters
  • Recreation of the background noise and leakage
  • Adjustable vibrato (speed and depth)
  • Built-in Stereo Delay effect
  • Built-in Stereo Reverb effect
  • Built-in programmer with unlimited Programs
  • Embedded user's manual
  • Available as Stand-alone application and audio plugin
  • Very low CPU and RAM usage

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• These guys are really on a roll. Keep it up!

• Although I don’t like how UI looks, can’t wait to hear/watch a demo video.

• iPad only…of course 🥺

• Wow. Wonder how it sounds? Kinda think I’m already covered with the Yonac, Sounds of the 70s, and Insideout apps.

• @HotStrange said:
    Wow. Wonder how it sounds? Kinda think I’m already covered with the Yonac, Sounds of the 70s, and Insideout apps.

There are some examples on the product web site:

https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=63

• @Fear2Stop said:
    iPad only…of course 🥺

They have Windows and Mac versions available on the Genuine Soundware website. You can download a trial version of either one. I downloaded the Windows version and think it sounds great.

• @White said:

@HotStrange said:
    Wow. Wonder how it sounds? Kinda think I’m already covered with the Yonac, Sounds of the 70s, and Insideout apps.

There are some examples on the product web site:

https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=63

Thanks! Definitely gonna be checking that out.

• Genuine Soundware is offering a "GSi Combo Organ" bundle: Compact DeLuxe and Red Animal for $20 (USD). Normal price for both is $29.98. https://apps.apple.com/us/app-bundle/gsi-combo-organs/id1676690652

• MobileMusicPro will be "taking a look at the two new combo organs from GSi including Red Animal and Compact Deluxe. We're really excited to hear how their Component Modeling Engine re-creates the iconic sound of these classics since both apps are using all real-time synthesis with absoultely no samples allowing each app to come in under 15mb. Hope to see you all there @ 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern / 6pm UK." (Sunday, March 26).
    https://www.youtube.com/@MobileMusicPro/streams

• The Compact Deluxe oozes early 70s Italian pr0n music like no other app on iOS :sunglasses:
    Other other Red one is the 'Doors Organ'...

• Jade Star reviews the Red Animal and Compact deLuxe organs:

• Curious how well this handles polyphony. Also how many instances you can manage to run at one time without problems, on a powerful iPad, in AUM.

• Where is @White these days? Anyone know?

He was always first with the new app release news.

Hope is ok.

• @Simon said:
    Where is @White these days? Anyone know?

Hope is ok.

Have been wondering that... Think I remember he commented here a few months ago and said he was just taking a bit of time off, all is well, etc

• @Gavinski said:

@Simon said:
    Where is @White these days? Anyone know?

Hope is ok.

Have been wondering that... Think I remember he commented here a few months ago and said he was just taking a bit of time off, all is well, etc

Ok. Thanks.

• He assured me that all was well..just a much needed break but he needs to hurry up and come back 🥵

• @ninobeatz said:
    He assured me that all was well..just a much needed break but he needs to hurry up and come back 🥵

Good to hear.

• Also, am I right in thinking this has no envelope control - while that might not have been a feature of the original, I do love the ability to turn organs into pads sometimes.