Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiothing Reels Released | Spoken Walkthrough & Giveaway (See Pinned YT Comment)

13»

Comments

• @Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:
    So I have a few tape apps. Tape Cassete, RE-1, ChowTape, but I’ve been considering buying Reelbus or Tape pro to have another more featured tape effect. Does this offer anything over those 2? I’ve heard great things about Reelbus and I love the Caelum apps. Tape Pro is the only one I don’t have from him.

Well, the bad news is, "Reels" takes away all the bass from a mix whereas ChowTape doesn't (unless you set its controls to do so). The good news is, this is perfect for slapping on an instrument or instrument buss. Just don't send your bassline to the instrument buss. 🤣

Anyways, yeah, too late for me to enter your contest Gav. I already purchased it, lol.

Good point. Also, ChowTape has no delay, never mind the dirty routing option that this has. Tape Pro, Reels and Chow are all more versatile in feature sets, but Reels has a lot of character. They're all nice but in different ways. Pity Reels has no separate control over left / right echo speed, feedback, amount etc like Reelbus has. Also much less control over wow and flutter than the others. But that also leads to a much simpler and faster to dial in interface. Plus it is the only one with a randomizer!

Oh, plus Reels is the only one with an envelope, an adjustable one at that, for the noise 🔥

Ah, now that envelope is a factor to consider, for sure.

• @andowrites said:

Are you using any other tape effects on desktop and iPad? Besides Reels? I'm wondering if I will gain enough from adding it to my toolkit.

Yes, on iPad i have ReelBus, RE1, Wires, Chow and Reels. Desktop i use Softube Tape on Master Bus (sometimes IK) and also have Wires, Reels, arturia MelloFi, IK tape machines, Tascam also i use Waves ADT. I also record out to various physical tape machines. Do you need reels... well looking at what you have, probably not. That being said @ the iPad intro price and if you produce any ambient, atmospheres or lofi you will get your moneys worth - IMO.