Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer - moving an instrument between iPads

Hi there. I am looking for some help moving an Audiolayer instrument between my two iPads. I created a multilayered piano sound in Audiolayer from my Roland Integra-7 and would like to move it to my backup iPad I have but am having some issues trying to do this. I used Instrument Sharing and created a zip for the instrument + samples. I then move that zipped file to my second iPad but couldn’t find an easy way to import it all into the instrument and have all the same layers and zones that I had in my first iPad.

I followed all the steps on the Audiolayer Audiobus Wiki and loaded the instrument file and then all the samples. It then asks me how I want to Auto-map them but that doesn’t work out for me. The samples were created originally using auto-sampling so all the samples have the original names assigned to them. In my Audiolayer Instrument though I then changed the size of the zones and also moved them into a total of 4 layers rather than all in one layer.

Some of you shared some instruments and suggested an instrument sharing depository so I assume there is an easy way to move the entire instrument settings including layer, zone and other information but I don’t see how to do that.

Do any of you have advice how to easily move an Audiolayer instrument from 1 iPad to another. Can any of you see what I may be doing wrong here and suggest a way to import my multi-sampled instrument into my second iPad which I had created on my first iPad?

Comments

• If you shared as instrument plus samples, put the resulting zip file where the importing device can see it. In files app, long press on the zip file and tap Share. AudioLayer should show app as a possible target app. Choose it and it should import the instrument and samples.

• @espiegel123 said:
    If you shared as instrument plus samples, put the resulting zip file where the importing device can see it. In files app, long press on the zip file and tap Share. AudioLayer should show app as a possible target app. Choose it and it should import the instrument and samples.

That worked perfectly! Thanks, so much, @espiegel123!!

• You can move folders if instruments that way, too!