Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music Studio..Brilliant for other styles of music..rock, prog,classical, soundtrack.

I love this DAW. It has fantastic sounds and is very musician friendly.This is the first track I've made with Music Studio and gets away from the electronic feel..All instruments are from the app and played within the app. So what you are hearing is 100% Music Studio. It's a short piece but gives a good idea of whats possible..A very nice compliment to Audiobus.

Comments

• Very nice. Music Studio was one of my first. Nice modulation at end.

• Yeah I love it..its actually easy to finish a piece..this track is real simple..2 chords Dm and F with a transposition up 1 semi tone to E flat and F sharp..the trans was done inside Music Studio and just lifts it a little at the end..great app

• What string instrument is being plucked in the beginning? Sounds great !

• @thesoundtestroom
    In the MS manual it says you can pick the time signature from 2/4 to 7/4 but no mention of whether you can change the time sig or tempo during the course of the song, do you know if this is possible? I keep holding out for the iOS DAW that will allow this but so far no luck. Thanks

• The string instrument is Koto located in world instruments, one point here is there are 2 things I dont like about this, first is the FX routing, the FX are nice but you can only apply globaly or to individual instruments. So you cant have a reverb on one thing and a delay on another. but the sounds are so lush and the fact that its AB comp negates that..the thing is in reply to yowza..I dont think you can changed tempo or time sig, but I may be wrong, but I agree that is essential for prog rock and longer theme based pieces..there is a free lite version you can try of this app and it still remains my favorite DAW..its very friendly and so far very very stable..great selection of instruments and one very very cool feature is the fact that you can make new instruments with ACP or recorded samples and pitch map em correctly and easily over all the keys in fact you could have a different sample over all the keys if you want..very powerful indeed..

• To do different tempos and time sigs, I would do these as separate songs for each section, produce a mix down and then combine them in a "master" song which just has a series of stereo mixdowns, almost like splicing tapes in the good old days! But yes, it would be good to have a more direct way to do this in an ios daw - I wonder who will be first?!

• Very nice sound @thesoundtestroom. I was surprised that Music Studio was used. I need to play with that one some more!

• PaulB recently mentioned Symphonix Evolution as being able to have multiple time sigs and tempo changes and I think it's supposed to be on the bus soon so I'm waiting to check that out. It also has music notation which is nice and it doesn't cost much. Sorry to hijack the thread

• Just made a quick video showing you how to make your own instrument inside Music Studio...this seems to be a very good solution and answers many of our questions about samplers here on the forum..so here it is..you can ACP or record audio and import your own samples, like for drums import a whole kit and map all the different samples anywhere you like..you can trim and normalize..

• Wow, that's easy enough. Thanks a lot.

• Agreed! Thanks so simple from Sampletank or whatever app really

• Dont forget you can record from any audio source too. Plus you can ACP into the main program, drums or whatever, and you also have a massive range of great sounding instruments to play with. Also when using of of the preset drum patterns you can full edit and change the kit type used..I cant recomend this enough..it does however look a lot like FL Mobile, does anyone know why this is. I have FL and this is a lot better.

• Pretty Sure FL Mobile hired Xewton's Developer for their app.

• Yes I believe that FL Mobile is basically a reskinned / rebranded Music Studio.

• I forgot to say - great video!

• That music sounds unbelievably similar to a piece I was messing with in the 90's
    I'm going to dig that out when I get back from holiday.
    Emax sampler, all those fantastic sounds we now take for granted :-)

• excellent sound out Music Studio and great video. I've had the app for well over a year but because GarageBand was so much more intuitive as always went that route. I know Music Studio is way more powerful than many other apps but it needs more video tutorial support to get more folks on board. I mostly use Cubasis these days but now that Music Studio is on the bus I'll be trying more things with it, at the very least I'll be using all the sounds I paid for (complete packs) as they are light years ahead of the built in Cubasis sound set as far as quality goes.