Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM MIDI to Ableton

So.

I am trying to sent MIDI from AUM to Ableton. It I can't seem to send separate MIDI to separate ableton channels. How do I separate the MIDI within AUM to arrive at different ableton channels? It's driving me mad

Comments

• How do you have the iPad connected? Is the iPad the slave and the device with Live the master via a USB cable connection?

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

It will help in giving a more specific answer if you mention how you're sending the MIDI and from which apps.

Assuming you're using iDAM to a Mac, from various apps ...

The general answer is you tell each Ableton channel just to listen to the port the midi is coming in on, then tell it which specific midi channel to listen to. If the app you're sending from can't set the midi channel it sends out, then you'll need something like mfxStrip to change it to something unique.

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

Ahh ... sorry. I just re-read, and the question is about AUM, not Ableton.

mfxStrip is a workable answer. Send the output to an mfxStrip instance, and from there out from AUM.

• @michael_m said:
    How do you have the iPad connected? Is the iPad the slave and the device with Live the master via a USB cable connection?

Yeah I'm connecting IPAD to Mac mini via cable, and wanting to send MIDI out from IPAD to ableton. I'd like to have different channels within AUM sending individual MIDI out to separate ableton channels. Seems quite tricky

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

@Nasatyuana said:

@michael_m said:
    How do you have the iPad connected? Is the iPad the slave and the device with Live the master via a USB cable connection?

Yeah I'm connecting IPAD to Mac mini via cable, and wanting to send MIDI out from IPAD to ableton. I'd like to have different channels within AUM sending individual MIDI out to separate ableton channels. Seems quite tricky

I explained one way using mfxStrip. It’s really not difficult and not expensive.

• @wim said:

@Nasatyuana said:

@michael_m said:

I explained one way using mfxStrip. It’s really not difficult and not expensive.

Thanks for that, I did see it. I just wanted to clarify as the other person did ask what I meant. Cheers! I'll give that a try