Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4am looping session

Software: loopy, sunrizer, turnado, effectrix, ampkit, samplr (for the rain!) within audiobus @256 frames.
Hardware: 2x mpk mini, behringer uca-222, soundlab mixer, sehnheiser dynamic mic and a Korean Squire..
Have I forgotten the main guy? IPad Air.

Comments

• edited August 2014

nice sir!

I would to take a similar setup to the gigs... how's the iPad air treating you in terms of reliability

• 4 am is always black and white wherever you are in the world....I admire your felicity with looping....

• Who's Felicity?

• Were your neighbors impressed? Nice job!

• That was the thumping noise at the end...

• @dredakyst said:

nice sir!

I would to take a similar setup to the gigs... how's the iPad air treating you in terms of reliability

IPad is not doing too badly at all. I think it is important to know how to drive it hard without making it smoke. The basic preset I've been using for ages without any problems is: loopy, sunrizer for all synths, turnado for fx on 3 loops, effectrix on other 3 loops and ampkit for vocals and guitar. I've tried to bring in samplr but the latency has been showing it's ugly head. One way around it would be using Sunrizer XS which is the IPhone version and is reported to be using less RAM but I think it is only due to it lacking reverb which I don't use anyway (for ram reasons). I love sunrizer because it is so broad soundwise (basses, pads, bleeps etc) and it responds to program change messages so I can super quickly change whatever patch I need. The blueboard is amazing too especially when looping the guitar.

I'm also using a workaround for the drums. I just have kick, hihat and snare loops as separate loops so I can mute and unmute them via the mpk's pads. It's not ideal but keeps mr ram happy. Ampkit is probably not the best amp simulator/fx out there but seems to have a reasonable footprint and has a good midi mapping implementation.

Sorry you've asked a simple question and I came up with a novel! Hope you find some answers in here.

• @funjunkie27 said:

Were your neighbors impressed? Nice job!

Neighbours have their quarterly house parties, this is the payback!

• Lol! I'm lucky in that my place is pretty isolated, but there's still the wife ;-)

• Is this available for download? I love it!!!