Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Twin 3 on iOS (Released)

12346»

Comments

• My only issue with this otherwise incredible synth, is that multitouch isn’t working in either standalone or AUV3 for me… I hope its just a minor oversight and something they can add or fix.

• Can I export presets from the Twin 2 in Auria Pro, and then import those Twin 2 presets into this new Twin 3 version?

• edited March 2023

@skiphunt said:
    Can I export presets from the Twin 2 in Auria Pro, and then import those Twin 2 presets into this new Twin 3 version?

All the Twin 2 presets are free to download from FabFilter :sunglasses:
    https://www.fabfilter.com/downloads/support/factorypresets.zip

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:
    Can I export presets from the Twin 2 in Auria Pro, and then import those Twin 2 presets into this new Twin 3 version?

And not only for Twin, you can also download presets (from previous versions) for Volcano, Timeless etc. From what I’ve read on other forums, Twin 3 isn’t that well received because of synths like Pigments that add a bit more. Personally I’m more then pleased with Fabfilter on iOS. Twin 3 is i.m.o. one of the best sounding subtractive synths on iOS.

• edited March 2023

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

Thanks, But I should've been more specific... I'm asking more specifically about all the extra IAP preset paks that I bought for Twin 2 within Auria Pro. This link looks like just the Twin 2 factory presets. Are ALL the Twin 2 extra preset paks ALSO free to download?

• @skiphunt said:

Thanks, But I should've been more specific... I'm asking more specifically about all the extra IAP preset paks that I bought for Twin 2 within Auria Pro. This link looks like just the Twin 2 factory presets. Are ALL the Twin 2 extra preset paks ALSO free to download?

If I'm not totally mistaken the Auria Pro Twin 2 ships with a limited (when compared to the full desktop Twin 2) set of presets and the rest can be purchased as IAPs.

You can check this by downloading the linked pack from FF and see if your Auria Pro Twin 2 IAP presets are part of the download.

• @drewinnit said:
    The standalone app doesn’t seem to respond to Bluetooth midi, anyone managed to get this working?

No biggie as I can just open it in Drambo but when I first buy a synth I like to have the fullscreen stand-alone experience....

This is fixed now :)

• Finally made the plunge and got Twin3 and I am hugely impressed. Looks, feels, and sounds like a desktop plugin. Absolutely fantastic. Sad I waited so long.

• @HotStrange said:
    Finally made the plunge and got Twin3 and I am hugely impressed. Looks, feels, and sounds like a desktop plugin. Absolutely fantastic.

yes agreed. it’s World class.

• @realdawei said:

@HotStrange said:
    Finally made the plunge and got Twin3 and I am hugely impressed. Looks, feels, and sounds like a desktop plugin. Absolutely fantastic.

yes agreed. it’s World class.

I knew it’d be great and it still surprised me. Gotta get the hang of the interface though.

• FabFilter desktop fx were recently updated to add interface scaling from 100-300%. has anyone found this in the Twin 3 auv3 plugin?

https://www.fabfilter.com/help/twin/using/fullscreenandresize

• Does this have MPE? Can you adjust the pitch bend range? I tried controlling it with an au GeoShred in aum. It ignores pitch bend and the last note I play stays stuck on. Is this a GS or Twin issue? I cannot find relevant help in the FF online help page.

• I think that there is a promised update for MPE. See here:

https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/topic/7269/is-twin-3-supporting-mpe#comment0

I control twin3 with several midi apps, don’t have the stuck note issue. I haven’t used pitchbend over midi.

• An mpe update - if properly implemented - would be super cool

• My fingers didn’t get the difference: Modulator - drag and drop to assign an aim to modulate - and modulation depth. A matter of luck to choose the former (assign aim). Is there a trick?

• @bangzero said:
    FabFilter desktop fx were recently updated to add interface scaling from 100-300%. has anyone found this in the Twin 3 auv3 plugin?

https://www.fabfilter.com/help/twin/using/fullscreenandresize

I emailed them and they were not planning for this because they thought it was unnecessary. I tried to convince them otherwise and said they would look into it but without any promises.

@Satie said:
    My fingers didn’t get the difference: Modulator - drag and drop to assign an aim to modulate - and modulation depth. A matter of luck to choose the former (assign aim). Is there a trick?

You have to drag right from center for mod assign and you can drag outside the control for mod depth (this is true for all concentric dials). I thought it was rather objectively poor design, but others love it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @geremy said:
    I think that there is a promised update for MPE. See here:

https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/topic/7269/is-twin-3-supporting-mpe#comment0

I control twin3 with several midi apps, don’t have the stuck note issue. I haven’t used pitchbend over midi.

Thanks. I was kind of surprised that it didn’t work. Usually FF apps are top-notch and worth the money. Pitch-bend and MPE should be standard at this price point.

• Darn all you people tempting me with yet another synth! :tongue:

• Although not particularly impressed by desktop demo on initial release, I went ahead and picked up Twin 3 for iOS on sale, and for some reason it really grabs me this time. It sounds really punchy and vibrant, and alive. There is something about the sound that lifts it above many similar synths to my ear and it’s a joy to play and tweak.

• @oddSTAR said:
    Darn all you people tempting me with yet another synth! :tongue:

Welcome in the forum 😅😅

• @craftycurate said:
    Although not particularly impressed by desktop demo on initial release, I went ahead and picked up Twin 3 for iOS on sale, and for some reason it really grabs me this time. It sounds really punchy and vibrant, and alive. There is something about the sound that lifts it above many similar synths to my ear and it’s a joy to play and tweak.

Agreed. This and Mela 3/4 are my current favorite synths on iOS.

• I’ll be happy if they ever fix the multi touch, or lack thereof. And not even some fancy 10 point multi touch, I just want to operate two things at a time!

Come on people, this is iPad!

• Anyone have trouble with sustain? I’m using CC64 sustain pedal like the manual says, but doesn’t work. I can midi learn to the hold parameter of envelope, but arps aren’t playing properly with that.