Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spidericemidas - Arps & Sequences bank for Copperhead - Update available now

edited February 2023 in Creations

Just to let you know, the Spidericemidas bank of arps and sequences should be available now as an update for Copperhead.

Here’s a link to a preview vid from Paul showing some new fx additions and some Spider preset demos at the beginning and end of the vid.

You can find Copperhead on the App Store here:
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/copperhead/id6444207037

Comments

• 👍👍👍👍

• I'll post more explanation of the presets here after they become available on Saturday.

• Sweet. Really excited for these. Thanks @Spidericemidas for all your hard work as usual can’t wait to use them.

• edited February 2023

@Spidericemidas said:
    Just to let you know, the Spidericemidas bank of arps and sequences should be available as an update for Copperhead this coming Saturday.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
    Lovely, simply lovely!
    Thanks for the Spidericemidas update.
    Thank you for this beauty!
    Warm regards,
    Rene

• It's almost here...

• Sounds Sweet.. Looking Forward….. Thanks…

• iPad warming up...

By the way, @Spidericemidas, I was playing around with some ARP/seq plugins the other day when I realised that the main reason i never got round to properly learning them is that I probably have hundreds of ARP presets from you in most synths I use so no need. Basically, you're handing out so much fish there's no need to learn how to fish ourselves! 😀

• @ervin said:
    iPad warming up...

By the way, @Spidericemidas, I was playing around with some ARP/seq plugins the other day when I realised that the main reason i never got round to properly learning them is that I probably have hundreds of ARP presets from you in most synths I use so no need. Basically, you're handing out so much fish there's no need to learn how to fish ourselves! 😀

Heh. I have an obsession with arps, it's true. It comes from back in the early 90s when I discovered Ozric Tentacles and their excellent use of arps synced with delays. I so wanted to be able to recreate that technique. I had a few hardware synths at the time, but none of them had an arp on board. I looked everywhere in shops for an old synth with an arp on board, but could never find one.

(I did manage eventually to at least find a JP8000 around 2005 which has a good arp on board)

Fast forward 30 years from the early 90s and finally there are synths in abundance that cost just pennies, you can take them everywhere with you, and they have everything on board to easily recreate that style I love so much. So yeah it's a bit like making up for lost time and what I'd really wanted to do 30 years ago! 😁

• edited February 2023

The updates released and the presets are excellent.
    Only been through half of them so far and I’m thinking this sounds similar to a Korg Wavestation!
    And the Glittering gems preset could probably be re-sequenced to sound like the Roland D50 intro sequence from Jarres revolutions.

• edited February 2023

Most of the arps in this bank should be good with 4-finger chord shapes. That's how most of them are set up in the sequencer. I'd recommend going into Copperhead's main settings and adjusting max. polyphony to 12 if it's not on 12 already.
    Some of the patches also work as one finger grooves. I found some were quite fun synced against a kick drum in AUM to get quick grooves going for jamming over.

The note sequences are just serving suggestions. You could put your own notes into the sequencer, or even sequence Copperhead from an external sequencer but still be able to have the modulation sequencing synced and running.

Any questions about Copperhead, drop them here and I'll attempt to answer them.

• And finally....a huge THANK YOU to @cytone @andowrites @Poppadocrock for helping to come up with patch name suggestions using that AI chat program. A lot of fun to involve you guys and input very much appreciated. Naming presets is always the hardest part of these exercises. I'll definitely be using it again in future preset banks. Cheers! 👊😁

• @cytone said:
    The updates released and the presets are excellent.
    Only been through half of them so far and I’m thinking this sounds similar to a Korg Wavestation!
    And the Glittering gems preset could probably be re-sequenced to sound like the Roland D50 intro sequence from Jarres revolutions.

Big fan of the D50 and Wavestation here.

Yeah, initially Copperhead looks like a standard VA synth. But the addition of the String Machine OSCs and User OSCs really take the sound palette way beyond that. You can produce quite metallic, bell and fm type sounds by experimenting with those OSCs, especially their detuning functions.

Then you've got the modulation sequencing on so many parameters including the OSC Mix knob, that yes it almost begins to sound more like wave sequencing!

• @Spidericemidas just wanted to say, I've had a little play around with the new presets and they're excellent. I will certainly be using some of them in my genre. Cheers mate 👍

PS. Can't wait for the other stuff!

• @Wyvern said:
    @Spidericemidas just wanted to say, I've had a little play around with the new presets and they're excellent. I will certainly be using some of them in my genre. Cheers mate 👍

PS. Can't wait for the other stuff!

Thanks! Hope they provide some ideas and inspiration in whatever ways.

• edited February 2023

These are great, Spider. We’re so lucky to have you breaking new sonic ground every day.

I did have a weird experience with the app update though… Right after updating on iPad, I opened and played the first patch in your collection and I got a massive grinding and screeching sound. I was pretty sure that wasn’t what you had designed, so I restarted several times and it solved that problem, but now occasionally the patches won’t generate any sounds and I have to restart Copperhead again. There’s something buggy about the update. I’m going to completely delete and reinstall and see if that helps.

UPDATE: Deleting the app and a clean reinstall seems to have fixed the problem. Interesting that this very similar problem also happened to the GeoShred app. I’m thinking Apple changed something that screwed up these apps and I’m now more concerned what other apps might be affected now.

• Leo's pack is also great on there. Thanks lads, plenty of sounds to play with, and another great app from Paul. He should have a word with Matt from Blip and do NS3!

• @NeuM said:
    These are great, Spider. We’re so lucky to have you breaking new sonic ground every day.

I did have a weird experience with the app update though… Right after updating on iPad, I opened and played the first patch in your collection and I got a massive grinding and screeching sound. I was pretty sure that wasn’t what you had designed, so I restarted several times and it solved that problem, but now occasionally the patches won’t generate any sounds and I have to restart Copperhead again. There’s something buggy about the update. I’m going to completely delete and reinstall and see if that helps.

UPDATE: Deleting the app and a clean reinstall seems to have fixed the problem. Interesting that this exact same problem also happened with the GeoShred app. I’m thinking Apple changed something that screwed up these apps and I’m now more concerned what other apps might be affected now.

Hmm. I haven't experienced any screeching/grinding issues, but occasionally I have had no sounds on startup, but closing/opening the app fixes it.

I haven't updated my iOS or anything else at all for a few years now. Everything is still solid and stable.

Paul is constantly tinkering with Copperhead to keep improving it. Hopefully you'll have a trouble-free time exploring it after the reinstall.

• edited February 2023

@Spidericemidas said:

@NeuM said:

UPDATE: Deleting the app and a clean reinstall seems to have fixed the problem. Interesting that this exact same problem also happened with the GeoShred app. I’m thinking Apple changed something that screwed up these apps and I’m now more concerned what other apps might be affected now.

Hmm. I haven't experienced any screeching/grinding issues, but occasionally I have had no sounds on startup, but closing/opening the app fixes it.

I haven't updated my iOS or anything else at all for a few years now. Everything is still solid and stable.

Paul is constantly tinkering with Copperhead to keep improving it. Hopefully you'll have a trouble-free time exploring it after the reinstall.

Thanks. So far the clean reinstall seems to have fixed the problem. I’m thinking also this might be a problem limited to those of us with older hardware still supported by iOS/iPadOS updates.

Oh, and I should also note I had to delete and reinstall Copperhead on macOS to fix some glitchiness in the ability to consistently get any sound out of patches.

• @Wyvern said:
    Leo's pack is also great on there. Thanks lads, plenty of sounds to play with, and another great app from Paul. He should have a word with Matt from Blip and do NS3!

Yeah I think others are still offering up presets as the synth continues to develop. It's getting quite a large library of sounds now. Very good to see the synth getting loads of love and support.

• Thank you @Spidericemidas for the gift. Here’s a little groove to get things going:

• Another excellent set of presets @Spidericemidas ! I couldn’t help but get distracted with musical ideas whilst going through them. Some are so well constructed you could make a whole track, complete with a melody, with a single preset. Thank you! 😀

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Another excellent set of presets @Spidericemidas ! I couldn’t help but get distracted with musical ideas whilst going through them. Some are so well constructed you could make a whole track, complete with a melody, with a single preset. Thank you! 😀

Indeed, just browsing these presets will undoubtedly increase the number of fire 8-bar fragments that I come up with in a minute and then never turn into a song 👌

So many good ones that I stopped marking the favourites. BTW the double tap to mark a preset as favourite is a nice touch from Paul. Puts to shame all those synths that still come out without an easy (or any) way to mark faves.

• edited February 2023

@echoopera said:
    Thank you @Spidericemidas for the gift. Here’s a little groove to get things going:

Thanks matey! The vid really suits the track. Hope these will prove useful to your future amazing creations. 👊😊

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Another excellent set of presets @Spidericemidas ! I couldn’t help but get distracted with musical ideas whilst going through them. Some are so well constructed you could make a whole track, complete with a melody, with a single preset. Thank you! 😀

Thanks Colin. Yeah they are fun to noodle with and good for getting something started. The Ozrics influence is in there again quite a bit! 😅
    I planned to start with Pads presets but then I got to tinkering with the sequencer and the sequencer modulations which took me down a deep rabbit hole of crazy arps very quickly! The amount of controls and fx that Paul has squeezed in is excellent for going nuts with!

• @ervin said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

Indeed, just browsing these presets will undoubtedly increase the number of fire 8-bar fragments that I come up with in a minute and then never turn into a song 👌

So many good ones that I stopped marking the favourites. BTW the double tap to mark a preset as favourite is a nice touch from Paul. Puts to shame all those synths that still come out without an easy (or any) way to mark faves.

Hey @ervin have fun messing around with these. I hope they demonstrate how crazy good the onboard sequencer is for creating interesting modulations and melodic ideas. Paul's added loads of nice touches and cool stuff since it first released.

• edited February 2023

@Spidericemidas Loving these presets! Thank you!

I just built a whole new song around one of them (Mystic Keys). But now I have a problem. When I got to mix down the track (this is in NS2), the Copperhead patch I'm using seems to have been transposed, so everything sounds off-pitch. Is this a known bug in Copperhead? I've never experience this before in NS2.

• @peanut_gallery said:
    @Spidericemidas Loving therse presets! Thank you!

I just built a whole new song around one of them (Mystic Keys). But now I have a problem. When I got to mix down the track (this is in NS2), the Copperhead patch I'm using seems to have been transposed, so everything sounds off-pitch. Is this a known bug in Copperhead? I've never experience this before in NS2.

Interesting anomaly. Unfortunately I have zero knowledge and experience with NS2. Maybe this is something @4pockets_paul could investigate and shed some light on?

Glad you're digging the presets, thanks!

• Great sounds @Spidericemidas , really enjoying using them.
    Do you think it would make sense to have ‘Sync’ set to On in the Pattern Sequencer by default? Seems a bit odd that is off?