Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Keep away from the windows

A few Hammer horror movie soundtrack cliches thrown into this one…
Sound effects from the BBC Sound Effects web site.
Backing played by 4 instances of Piano Motifs using the new BPM Multiple facility I.e. running at 1/4, 1/2, 1* and 2* the speed of AUM.
3 improvised GeoShred tracks played on the top, Soprano and Baritone Sax plus English Horn.

Art by AI…

Comments

• You had me at the title… I remember borrowing those BBC sound effects lps from the library as a kid, along with the Beaver and Krause Nonesuch Guide to Electronic Music, and messing with cassette recorders and them. Like what you did here, my only touchstone would be something like Bitches Brew? Great the way the sax squeals filter in past the owls… really prompt for Halloween 2023! :)

• Ha, thought it might interest you @Svetlovska … I managed to refrain from using the howling wolves, horseless carriage and thunderstorm sounds I found 🦉🐺⚡️

• Mysterious and haunting @GeoTony. Happy to see new PM features like BPM multiples used creatively.

• Lovely recording.
    You have really caught the spirit of your title, and I am definitely staying away from the window!
    Very creative and musically visual - excellent musical scene!!!
    Very well done, Tony!!!
    Love this creation!
    Rene

• Not a fan of horror films but I do like your sonic story telling. It sounds like you had fun making it. Might that be a nod to John Surman in the improv before the final surprise?

• Cheers @azul3D_Apps , @ReneAsologuitar and @AndyHoneybone ...
    I didn't consciously think of Surman Andy but I'm a big fan... started with Extrapolation with JM then SOS on the radio (what was the program called on a Sunday night)?, early solo albums like Westering Home, work with Mike Westbrook and also Morning Glory. Do you have any favourites?

• Hi @GeoTony. I have little detailed knowledge of the works of one of the UK’s great national treasures but I knew of John Surman from following (pianist) Stan Tracey. From your Terje Rypdal influenced creation ‘Let it Rypdal’, I guessed that a soprano and baritone player from the sixties free jazz scene might just have been who you were channeling in ‘Windows’. I’ve stumbled across Surman’s ‘Saltash Bells’ over the years and I think the combination of electronics and woodwinds again seems very current and worth another listen. Might that radio show have been ‘Jazz Club’ on the BBC Light Programme (I shall resist the temptation to look to camera and add ‘nice!’).

• edited February 2023

that's great, you can feel the tension, well done GeoTony

(I've been working on the Metropolis thing today, three and a half minutes in, two more to be done)

• It’s starting to feel like Halloween in February! I like it!