Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Abdominal Snowman | Another Stable Diffusion A.I. video collaboration with PaulieWorld

In case anyone was wondering, no...I'm not a bot.
I can definitely tell you which pictures have crosswalks in them 7 times out of 10!
Another Stable Diffusion video collaboration with @PaulieWorld .

Video created using the Animator script :https://github.com/Animator-Anon/Animator for Stable Diffusion using the Automatic 1111 interface :
https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111
This previously released track can be found here:

and here:
https://paulieworld.bandcamp.com/track/the-abdominal-snowman
You'll have to pester Paul for details on how the music was made.
Thanks for listening and watching.
Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• That rocked my socks off! The timing of the cuts was perfect. I couldn’t be happier. You are a frickin genius!

• @Paulieworld said:
    That rocked my socks off! The timing of the cuts was perfect. I couldn’t be happier. You are a frickin genius!

Thank you Paul!
    I had a blast putting this together. I'm enjoying learning Stable Diffusion and your music really lends itself to videos extremely well. I'm glad you're happy with it.

• Excellent vid. Reminded me of this rhythm fighting game:

• Wow. No matter how fast the AI is evolving, @MadeofWax and @Paulieworld seem to be evolving faster!
    This is all just magic to me.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Excellent vid. Reminded me of this rhythm fighting game:

Thank you Svetlovska!
    Making these videos is a lot like the way I make music. Randomness plays a huge factor and I do what I can do corral the chaos. I'm glad you liked it!

@belldu said:
    Wow. No matter how fast the AI is evolving, @MadeofWax and @Paulieworld seem to be evolving faster!
    This is all just magic to me.

Thank you belldu!
    I'm doing my best to keep up. There's been a lot of interesting scripts created lately.
    Truth be told, I'm not always sure what I'm doing until it's done. But that's half the fun.

• Gilbert and Sullivan, Flanders and Swann, Hale and Pace, Burke and Hare and now, another addition to this pantheon of great duos, @MadeofWax and @Paulieworld … tremendous collaboration 🙏

• Nice sound @MadeofWax !!! there is lot going on here. Love it !!!

• @GeoTony said:
    Gilbert and Sullivan, Flanders and Swann, Hale and Pace, Burke and Hare and now, another addition to this pantheon of great duos, @MadeofWax and @Paulieworld … tremendous collaboration 🙏

Thank you GeoTony!
    I'm very grateful that this forum led us into each other's paths and that Paul is very open to collaboration. It's a blast making videos for his music and I was super pleased at the music he made for " The Wildest Ride" I expect there will be more in the future. :) Thanks for watching and listening!

@jo92346 said:
    Nice sound @MadeofWax !!! there is lot going on here. Love it !!!

Thank you jo92346!
    I was playing around with Stable Diffusion looking for inspiration while listening to the SoundCloud collection for @Paulieworld and this track was exactly what I needed. I think Paul's music works so well for video because he's able to put so much into a track while making it fit together seamlessly.
    Thanks for checking it out!

• Both of you are at the top of your game... the combination is a killer duo.

• @McD said:
    Both of you are at the top of your game... the combination is a killer duo.

Thanks! Mac is amazing. He shoots… he scores!!!

• FANTASTIC! And to think you make this stuff in the basement (we’ll, the basement of your creative minds, anyway). Couldn’t be more impressed and proud to be on the same forum as you two. Youkre forever shattered the idea that this is mostly a tech forum.

As my mother used to say… So Professional!

• Killer video!

Nice collab you two, though I can’t help thinking about the original artists, however many there are. One, three, or a thousand? 10 thousand? In a few frames, you can see an artist’s signature appear in the lower right corner; “NNIKK” (and a few other variations) and I wonder, after experimenting with some of the single image AI generators, and having a basic understanding of how an “AI image” is put together by gathering data from the web, from who knows how many different pieces of art, how many artists do we owe credit to besides Mac and Paul?

• Wow! Amazing stuff! Love the colour palette and the imagery and the edits fit the music perfectly. Love the vibe of the music too. Yes, I liked that a lot!

• Fantastic. The morphing between the woman and the snowman was my favourite bit.

• @LinearLineman said:
    FANTASTIC! And to think you make this stuff in the basement (we’ll, the basement of your creative minds, anyway). Couldn’t be more impressed and proud to be on the same forum as you two. Youkre forever shattered the idea that this is mostly a tech forum.

As my mother used to say… So Professional!

Thank you Mike,
    I appreciate that. I think you beat us to " shattering the idea that this is mostly a tech forum." with the level of work you share You and other creators keep raising the bar. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to talent here at the forum.

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Killer video!

Nice collab you two, though I can’t help thinking about the original artists, however many there are. One, three, or a thousand? 10 thousand? In a few frames, you can see an artist’s signature appear in the lower right corner; “NNIKK” (and a few other variations) and I wonder, after experimenting with some of the single image AI generators, and having a basic understanding of how an “AI image” is put together by gathering data from the web, from who knows how many different pieces of art, how many artists do we owe credit to besides Mac and Paul?

Thank you Edward!
    Fair point. Although I will say most everything we see in art and much of what we hear in music was inspired by previous artists. There was a guy in my Commercial Art class in high school who's work was clearly inspired by Frank Frazetta. Even tried to copy the style of his artist signature. If I had hand drawn every frame it would have been impressive (and taken forever) but the work would still have been influenced by artists that I admire and would likely remind people of something they had seen before.

An A.I. trained on a particular style doesn't understand what a signature is, it just has seen enough of them to know that they are part of what "art" is. I don't use artist names in my prompts specifically because I don't want to make anything that looks like a specific artist's style, even though current copyright law does not protect style.

For this video I prompted with "inkpunk" style which according to the model is vaguely inspired by Gorillaz, FLCL, and Yoji Shinkawa. I also added the terms "abstract painting, broad brush stroke, smeared patterns, colors, random dripping paint, splashes" so it would have a more painterly appearance.

I understand that there are artists who feel like this is stealing and that they should be compensated for having their work sampled in order to create the output. There are court cases currently being fought over copyright claims and A. I. Only time will tell where this all ends up. I would hate to see a tool that allows people to unleash their creative potential in a way no one could have dreamed locked up or worse yet, only available to the very few who can afford to skirt laws (i.e. giant corporations).

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Wow! Amazing stuff! Love the colour palette and the imagery and the edits fit the music perfectly. Love the vibe of the music too. Yes, I liked that a lot!

Thank you AlterEgo_UK !
    I appreciate that, especially about the edits. I stayed up until 4 a.m. not even realizing the time working on that. I'm sure you have been in that place too, playing your guitar or with the apps you use, completely losing all sense of time and enjoying the moment.

@rollin said:
    Fantastic. The morphing between the woman and the snowman was my favourite bit.

Thank you rollin!
    I wanted to tie the video to Paul's title and kept playing around with the "snowman" idea. I actually had to make a Daz Studio 3D render and feed it into the image to image prompt in order to get the look I wanted so I'm glad that part worked for you!

• lovely style to to this one, you’re really pushing the right buttons 👍👍

• @Krupa said:

lovely style to to this one, you’re really pushing the right buttons 👍👍

Thank you Krupa!
    It took a few tries to get some of the different imagery where I wanted it to go. I'm happy that you like it.

• @MadeofWax said:

Thank you Edward!
    Fair point. Although I will say most everything we see in art and much of what we hear in music was inspired by previous artists. There was a guy in my Commercial Art class in high school who's work was clearly inspired by Frank Frazetta. Even tried to copy the style of his artist signature. If I had hand drawn every frame it would have been impressive (and taken forever) but the work would still have been influenced by artists that I admire and would likely remind people of something they had seen before.

This is true, and it really got me thinking (I actually fell asleep last night thinking about it all)

I was going to mention when I posted, that I wasn’t going to let Paul off the hook so soon either. While we all know how brilliant he is with his arrangements, he does admit to heavily relying on samples, (which a lot of artists and producers do these days)
    like some of the vocal samples I think, he said recently, came from the “Blocs Wav” app. A guitar riff here, a drum beat there, and arrange it all on a timeline in a creative way until it becomes something new.

And don’t get me wrong, this isn’t to discount Paul’s talents or musical abilities at all. He’s been around a while, and we all know he’s perfectly capable of composing an original piece of music from a blank slate, with original and thoughtful chord progressions, melodies, harmonies, syncopated rhythms, and you know, all the things that make a great piece of original music “great”.

But let’s say he did compose this great piece from scratch. Most likely, it was inspired by previous artists, as you say. At the very least, if not a specific piece, it must have been influenced by styles or genres of music that meant something to him at some point, right?

Then I think about artists like Mike Levy aka @LinearLineman, who’s notorious for his amazing improvised jazz pieces. He does use sample based piano sounds and romplers, so technically he’s using samples as well, though I think there’s a line between a sampled “note”, and a sampled melodic line, or really anything beyond just a note. Either way, even his most original improv is still inspired by, or at least he was influenced by music and/or artists of the past. I get that.

I’m just thinking out loud here about it all, don’t take my ramblings as anything worth more than a couple pennies. I’m just as guilty, as I use romplers like the Pure Synth/Bassalicious bass sounds in a lot of my stuff for example. And I’m not shy about using a Lumbeat Drummer to back up my imaginary “band”.

So how do we do something that hasn’t been done before? How do we create something that’s genuinely from scratch? How to start with a slate that is truly clear and not muddied with decades of influence?

I don’t even remember what my point is any more, or even why I’m sitting here on the couch typing all this. Hell I don’t even know what’s real any more lol! Am I real? Maybe I’m just a bot, and just a tiny part of this simulation that we're all living in.

Whatever it all means, don’t stop guys! Keep up the amazing work!

@Paulieworld @MadeofWax

• @Edward_Alexander Hi Ed. These are all very legitimate points. Things that cross my mind all the time. I'm still at work, but I would like to reply later tonight or tomorrow. I would, however, like to clear up one thing now - I'm certainly not brilliant!

Years ago I was a competent piano player, and a very good bass player. I walked away from live playing in 2004. Long story and not the time or place to discuss.

But thanks for the compliment! I'll talk to you soon.

• @Edward_Alexander Hi Ed! Got home a few hours ago and started relaxing after a particularly bad week. Had a few, so please excuse speling erors. Here’s the thing. I am no longer a performer. I sort of think of myself more as a producer. I like to use generative apps like Piano Motifs, ZOA, Riffler, Fugue Machine, etc. I think of them as session players. I let them do their thing. When I hear something I like, I keep it. Then I start adding more tracks. I like to take the MIDI and try it out against different synths. If it sounds good, I freeze it in Cubasis. So, everything I do is based on samples, whether they are single notes, or long extended phrases. I have found that the mix down process goes really fast. I can have a lot of tracks without choking. I have had songs with 50 or more tracks without flinching. MIDI data, synths, drum machines, and automation really slow things down. I guess I am only interested in the end result. When I started doing this I decided I would only use an iPad and headphones. Everybody does their own thing. I love collaborating with other ABF members. Maybe we could give it a go! Have a great weekend!

• @Paulieworld said:
    @Edward_Alexander Hi Ed! Got home a few hours ago and started relaxing after a particularly bad week. Had a few, so please excuse speling erors. Here’s the thing. I am no longer a performer. I sort of think of myself more as a producer. I like to use generative apps like Piano Motifs, ZOA, Riffler, Fugue Machine, etc. I think of them as session players. I let them do their thing. When I hear something I like, I keep it. Then I start adding more tracks. I like to take the MIDI and try it out against different synths. If it sounds good, I freeze it in Cubasis. So, everything I do is based on samples, whether they are single notes, or long extended phrases. I have found that the mix down process goes really fast. I can have a lot of tracks without choking. I have had songs with 50 or more tracks without flinching. MIDI data, synths, drum machines, and automation really slow things down. I guess I am only interested in the end result. When I started doing this I decided I would only use an iPad and headphones. Everybody does their own thing. I love collaborating with other ABF members. Maybe we could give it a go! Have a great weekend!

Oh, now those are different aren’t they? The generative apps? I use them too, to an extent. A note, or set of notes generated from an app isn’t the same. It’s coming from an algorithm rather than an artist right?

I know we’ve talked about this before.