Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elevator To The Moon

Elevator To The Moon is the title of a book that I read when I was about 10 years old. It was a great sci-fi story for a young boy. There was no race, gender, or politics involved. I am so glad I grew up in the 60s and 70s.

Comments

• edited February 2023

WOW Another great piece of music. I love it. That sax is great!!!

• @jo92346 said:

Thanks again Joe. I truly appreciate comments like this from a real composer. Your music knocks me out!

• Space elevators are a real possibility, or so I’ve heard. My ten year old sci-fi was Danny Dunn and the Anti-Gravity paint,

You’re definitely in your groove here. Glad I listened, bro.

• Was this the book?
    https://archive.org/details/elevatortomoon00widn/mode/2up
    I enjoyed the music. Definitely a fan of the sax here as well.

• McDMcD
    edited February 2023

@Paulieworld said:

@jo92346 said:

Thanks again Joe. I truly appreciate comments like this from a real composer. Your music knocks me out!

I have a suspicion that @jo92346 might be an AI... the work is too good for this community. On the other hand...
    your stuff shows similar qualities of invention and execution.

And here you both are propping up the illusion. Clever bots.

Did I mention my flirtation with paranoia in the 90's?

I should listen to the music, right? Then write and institute the practice as a sacred Rite.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Space elevators are a real possibility, or so I’ve heard. My ten year old sci-fi was Danny Dunn and the Anti-Gravity paint,

You’re definitely in your groove here. Glad I listened, bro.

I’m glad you listened, too. Do you remember Danny Dunn And The Homework Machine? I loved those books! Damn… this makes me feel good! Peace bro.

• @McD said:
    I have a suspicion that @jo92346 might be an AI... the work is too good for this community.

It's possible that @jo92346 is an AI, but it's also possible that they're just a skilled and knowledgeable person. It's important to remember that there are many talented individuals out there who enjoy participating in online communities and sharing their knowledge with others.

If you're unsure whether @jo92346 is an AI or a human, one way to find out is to engage them in conversation and see how they respond. If their responses seem natural and human-like, they may very well be a real person. On the other hand, if their responses seem scripted or automated, it's possible that they are indeed an AI.

Either way, it's important to treat all members of the community with respect and kindness, regardless of whether they are human or AI. We can all learn from each other and grow as a community.

• @MadeofWax said:
    Was this the book?
    https://archive.org/details/elevatortomoon00widn/mode/2up
    I enjoyed the music. Definitely a fan of the sax here as well.

That’s the one. I recognize the cover art. You should get this for your little guy. Read it to him!

• @jo92346 said:

@McD said:
    I have a suspicion that @jo92346 might be an AI... the work is too good for this community.

It's possible that @jo92346 is an AI, but it's also possible that they're just a skilled and knowledgeable person. It's important to remember that there are many talented individuals out there who enjoy participating in online communities and sharing their knowledge with others.

If you're unsure whether @jo92346 is an AI or a human, one way to find out is to engage them in conversation and see how they respond. If their responses seem natural and human-like, they may very well be a real person. On the other hand, if their responses seem scripted or automated, it's possible that they are indeed an AI.

Either way, it's important to treat all members of the community with respect and kindness, regardless of whether they are human or AI. We can all learn from each other and grow as a community.

I still need that universally recognized humor font. Damn. People keep taking me seriously. That's a side effect of humor in text format. And so it goes. Still... I need to get these funny (to me) thoughts out. It's my thing.

• You can't see me but my algorithm is laughing really hard right now

• @McD said:

@Paulieworld said:

@jo92346 said:

I have a suspicion that @jo92346 might be an AI... the work is too good for this community. On the other hand...
    your stuff shows similar qualities of invention and execution.

And here you both are propping up the illusion. Clever bots.

Did I mention my flirtation with paranoia in the 90's?

I should listen to the music, right? Then write and institute the practice as a sacred Rite.

If AI means Absolutely Incredible, then yeah. My stuff is just mostly nonsense, but I’m having fun. I didn’t know about the paranoia. Tell me more.

• it is definitely not nonsense to my ears.

• @McD Humor fonts are a type of font that is designed to convey a sense of humor or playfulness in written text. These fonts typically have unusual shapes, exaggerated features, or other quirky elements that can add a lighthearted or whimsical touch to a message or document.

While there is no one universally recognized humor font, there are several popular choices that are commonly used in various settings. Some examples of popular humor fonts include Comic Sans, Papyrus, and Jokerman.

It's worth noting that the use of humor fonts can be subjective, and what one person finds humorous, another may not. Additionally, the context in which a humor font is used can affect how it is perceived. In some cases, the use of a humor font may be inappropriate or detract from the intended message.

Ultimately, the decision to use a humor font is up to the individual or organization creating the content. It's important to consider the context, audience, and purpose of the message, and to use good judgment when selecting fonts or other design elements.

@Paulieworld I apologize for spamming your post. I'll stop now

:smiley:

• @jo92346 said:
    @McD Humor fonts are a type of font that is designed to convey a sense of humor or playfulness in written text.

That's NOT what I'm intending. I want a visual clue that the text that follows is NOT serious and should not be interpreted literally. Too often it seems to be. Go figure.

This also happens in real life... I take off on some inspired riff. INSPIRED: meaning something being created in realtime and NOT necessarily of high quality.

Then someone that has no experience with me will look at me and ask "Are you serious?". It ruins the moment.

In the best case the person starts feeding my clues they get the absurdity and find it funny. It can create a feedback loop
    where the person might say "Don't stop" when I start to loose the thread or even better "Stop... stop." because they can't stop laughing. People like me live for these moments. I can generally make my wife laugh deeply once a month. She has to be in the mood.

What I have noticed is that the impulse to create humor comes in cycles and lasts a few days.

I will not apologize however for keeping a "creative" thread alive with off hand comments. The creator has the chance to be exposed to more viewers and sometimes listeners. Which I will soon be... a listener that comments on the music and not other comments. Still, 10 pages of "nice work, mate" is a pretty boring thread.

• @jo92346 @mcd I think we need a couple of my world famous Martinis. Bombay Sapphire, shaken not stirred, two blue cheese olives on the side. Just what the doctor ordered.

• @Paulieworld said:
    @jo92346 @mcd I think we need a couple of my world famous Martinis. Bombay Sapphire, shaken not stirred, two blue cheese olives on the side. Just what the doctor ordered.

I'm in

• I have a Corona Beer on hand…

I have listened to the track and it lives up to the high standards @Paulieworld has set for himself. The sax is really key and the transition to another key is beautifully executed to maintain interest.

(1 down 2 to go).

• @McD said:
    I have a Corona Beer on hand…

I have listened to the track and it lives up to the high standards @Paulieworld has set for himself. The sax is really key and the transition to another key is beautifully executed to maintain interest.

(1 down 2 to go).

I’m not much of a beer drinker, but Corona’s nice.

Oak’s nice (The Bonnie Situation, Pulp Fiction).

Seriously, we need to do a tag team soon. The Bruiser and the Crusher. It’s a Chicago thing.

• @jo92346 said:
    @McD Humor fonts are a type of font that is designed to convey a sense of humor or playfulness in written text. These fonts typically have unusual shapes, exaggerated features, or other quirky elements that can add a lighthearted or whimsical touch to a message or document.

While there is no one universally recognized humor font, there are several popular choices that are commonly used in various settings. Some examples of popular humor fonts include Comic Sans, Papyrus, and Jokerman.

It's worth noting that the use of humor fonts can be subjective, and what one person finds humorous, another may not. Additionally, the context in which a humor font is used can affect how it is perceived. In some cases, the use of a humor font may be inappropriate or detract from the intended message.

Ultimately, the decision to use a humor font is up to the individual or organization creating the content. It's important to consider the context, audience, and purpose of the message, and to use good judgment when selecting fonts or other design elements.

@Paulieworld I apologize for spamming your post. I'll stop now

:smiley:

@jo92346 please tell me this came from chatGPT, right ?

• edited February 2023

@JanKun Of course. :smile: and the other one too

• Great track @Paulieworld ! As others have said, that sax is pretty amazing!

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great track @Paulieworld ! As others have said, that sax is pretty amazing!

Thanks Colin! I used an app called Session Band, but just the solo parts. I created a few dozen riffs in various keys and slid them around in different sequences until I had something that sounded good to me. I think many people shy away from this process and consider it to be cheating. I don't play sax but like a sax part from time to time, so I use this method. I have used apps like Sensual Sax with good results, but only on slow, legato phrases. I believe the people at Session Band bring in professional studio players and they record thousands of short riffs in assorted keys that you can use royalty-free. I am mostly focused on the end result, and this seems to work for me. Thanks for listening and commenting!

• Not cheating, just very hard to do as well as you! Great track 👍
    My theory is that @jo92346 is human because he has a beard which is borderline mandatory for this forum whereas you are a bot as you haven’t worked that out … yet 🧔‍♂️

• @GeoTony said:
    Not cheating, just very hard to do as well as you! Great track 👍
    My theory is that @jo92346 is human because he has a beard which is borderline mandatory for this forum whereas you are a bot as you haven’t worked that out … yet 🧔‍♂️

Thanks, Tony. That made my day! I have a gray goatee. Does that count?

• You’ve obviously only been partially assimilated 🤖

• resistance is futile

• @GeoTony @jo92346 I am of The Body… it is the will of Landru.

• @Paulieworld said:
    @GeoTony @jo92346 I am of The Body… it is the will of Landru.

I have forgotten so much pop culture… I had to Google for the reference. Thankfully, the original Star Trek stuff is almost completely gone. I do recall Tribbles. I have a theory that I replaced those memories with details about computer technology.
    Who has a good Dec PDP-11 or HP 1000 story? “Cupertino Binaries”. Apple had a manufacturing facility in Milpitas and they hired me to update their HP1000 and I caused their primary (removalable) bootable disk platter to be over written with the new OS. Oops. They had another platter cloned from the original a week earlier so they only lost 1 week of production data.
    Good times.

• edited March 2023

@McD A PDP-11 walks into a bar...

Seriously, my wife and I were absorbed last weekend. It was groovy.