Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Little Ms. Aries

edited February 2023 in Creations

I just got a little max4live device that emulate a four track, and it has that nice casual feel about its use so managed to get something out quite quickly. It's very unstructured and ambient but still nice for it I think... a kalimba from a charity shop, my ancient Les Paul copy yesterday returned to me in the best state I've ever had it in, Velvet and Wires as 'verb and delaay respectively... oh and weirdly I used a sample of one of my valve things slowed right down as 'percussion' :smiley:

the device in question, there's probly a dRamboidal patch that I've forgotten about that's free and I already had. but this is nicely put together...

inneroceanrecords.com/products/tape-loops-4trak-plugin-max-for-live-device

Comments

• edited February 2023

An afternoon well spent! I like the hazy, lazy, sloppy feel of it. I’m gonna have to take a look at the gadget now. I got Ableton specifically for the interesting Max4Live devices you could get for it, which still give it a unique edge over other DAWs, I think…

Update after checking the link: Quick question: can you individually mess with the playback speed of the four ‘tracks’, a La the varispeed on my real Yamaha 4 track? That and the intro pricing could tip me over…

• @Svetlovska said:
    An afternoon well spent! I like the hazy, lazy, sloppy feel of it. I’m gonna have to take a look at the gadget now. I got Ableton specifically for the interesting Max4Live devices you could get for it, which still give it a unique edge over other DAWs, I think…

Update after checking the link: Quick question: can you individually mess with the playback speed of the four ‘tracks’, a La the varispeed on my real Yamaha 4 track? That and the intro pricing could tip me over…

@Svetlovska said:

Ah thanks Svetlovska, I was thinking of your rule (I can’t remember the name though) and how much I break it, but not this time!

You can indeed change the pitch, and speed, both independently and for each track… I’m not sure on the recording time limits yet though, I think it’s four bars of whatever bpm you’re working within, but they can then also be unsynced; gauss style but a bit more to it… I fully recommend if you’re happy using Ableton…

• Sounds super good actually.

• @jo92346 said:
    Sounds super good actually.

Cheers jo!

• I like this @Krupa it’s a pleasing listen :)

• @wired2moon said:
    I like this @Krupa it’s a pleasing listen :)

Thanks wired 🙏

• Hi @Krupa ,
    Quite serene, and very peaceful.
    I am enjoying the relaxing vibe of this creation!
    Thank you!

• edited February 2023

Thanks @ReneAsologuitar , it’s definitely relaxing, a vocal would probably be the one thing I’d love to add to these sorts of things

• I just updated this track on SoundCloud; I’ve added a vocal of sorts, edited from an old tape I got in a dusty old box from a lot off eBay - loads of treasure in there - this one’s of a young sounding Scottish woman reading from a horoscope book to an unseen man … I need to actually program the very quiet beat at some point, I just recorded some finger drumming and let a seven bar section loop around 😅. Thankfully I didn’t update my Geoshred yet, so I was able to improvise a bit of clarinet in there too… changed the name to reflect the lead singer 😁

• Excellent stuff! I love the spoken word that seems to drift in and out. And the music is like a salve!

• @sevenape said:
    Excellent stuff! I love the spoken word that seems to drift in and out. And the music is like a salve!

Cheers seven, it’s definitely hooking me in 😁

• added some beats, not sure if I prefer or not...

• edited February 2023

Lovely track @Krupa , the vocals really add to the feeling. The sounds reminded me of the John Martyn Echoplex days which can only be good. No beats is definitely my preferred option 😊

• @GeoTony said:
    Lovely track @Krupa , the vocals really add to the feeling. The sounds reminded my of the John Martyn Echoplex days which can only be good. No beats is definitely my preferred option 😊

Thanks Tony, I do like playing my guitar into big echoey things for sure! And good to know taste re beats, I’m going to submit it to the competition the four trak plugin maker is holding, probably with the beats, might add some bass tones before submission as well…

• Oh there’s some genius in this. This might sound like a weird description but it feels warmly familiar and oddly alien at the same time. This is really good.

• @MadeofWax said:
    Oh there’s some genius in this. This might sound like a weird description but it feels warmly familiar and oddly alien at the same time. This is really good.

Wonderful description, Mac. I agree wholeheartedly. The beats weren’t for me. Destroyed the alien serenity.

• @LinearLineman said:

@MadeofWax said:
    Oh there’s some genius in this. This might sound like a weird description but it feels warmly familiar and oddly alien at the same time. This is really good.

Wonderful description, Mac. I agree wholeheartedly. The beats weren’t for me. Destroyed the alien serenity.

Thanks Mike and Wax, I like that thought of warm familiarity and alien coexisting, something to think about and build upon… I’m still in two minds about the beats, a non forum mate who’s currently having a second time in the sun of relatively minor fame / critical success said it’s fine to have two versions living alongside one another so I’ll probably go with that. Although i will have to make a choice at some point for the inner ocean entry…

• I finally settled on a version to submit, not really laboured it tbh just been busy with other things. I had to put some video to it for the entry so adapted the previous one I messed with using some new footage shot in the snow the other day…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cpx34TzDUdR/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=