Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doug Would - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

My latest tune is live on YouTube now! It's the final track on my upcoming album i Segreti del Bar Mezzanotte (The Secrets of Bar Midnight) and features the inimitable Doug Woods on vocals. I hope you all dig it.

Comments

• Really fun concept. Excellent video execution, Dave. Catchy lite jazz tune that doesn’t distract from Doug’s lecture.

• I thought that after all the instrumentals, we were due for something a bit silly. I'm no animator, but I couldn't get this image out of my head so I just picked away at it until I got something that I thought we'd all giggle at.

My tribute to the man, the myth, the legend that is Doug Woods, with some inspiration from Terry Gilliam to boot.

• Loved this Dave! Nice synth work and digging the bass line.
    Big tip of the hat to Terry Gilliam at the end. Doug is a legend isn’t he?

• Too funny! Thanks

• Thanks @Ben and @Pxlhg - I hope you had a good laugh.

It was important that the tune be solid on its own aside from the vocals, so I appreciate the feedback there. The bass line got stuck in my head about a year ago and this is finally where it ended up.

• Doug is an absolute treasure to the iOS music community. This is an awesome idea, well executed. Great music and great fun.

• Hi @Daveypoo ,
    I am loving the beat!!!
    Very joyful, and full of hope!
    The video is so fun, very enjoyable!!!
    I love the blink of the eyes.
    Doug's vocals are so nice!
    Thanks for this beauty!
    Rene

• @MadeofWax Doug is the man. Glad you enjoyed it.

You're a master of the compliment, @ReneAsologuitar - I appreciate your kind words as always

• The Doug voice is hilarious Dave, great job.

• @Gavinski Thank you kindly!

• Fun! I’d call it Doug Words, however.

• Haha! Time well spent!

• This eyes hypnotized me.

• Doug’s going to love this. LOL.

• Doug says it all!

• edited February 2023

Good work!

• edited February 2023

@NeuM I gave him the song first for his permission then the video when it was done for him to approve. I wanted to make sure he gave the thumbs up before I released anything with his image or voice. He thought it was hilarious.

• @Daveypoo said:
    @NeuM I gave him the song first for his permission then the video when it was done for him to approve. I wanted to make sure he gave the thumbs up before I released anything with his image or voice. He thought it was hilarious.

Doug is often talking over the music he is making - did you use something like Brusfri to isolate his voice from the music to get clean voice samples?

• edited February 2023

@Simon Doug was livestreaming a quiz night a few years back and I was participating. @AlterEgo_UK & I were neck and neck but he ended up winning by 1 or 2 points (*#$!?& Colin!!!). This is why there are direct references to me in the samples. Because it was a quiz night, there was no music in the background - although you can hear Jo laughing at times 😂

Anyway, I ripped the audio from the YouTube video of the stream and chopped it bits I liked and thought were funny. I reassembled them into a coherent-ish talk-track over the tune I had finished. I ended up going back to the video a few times to find more bits to fill in gaps in the track.

When the tune was complete took the image of Doug and cut out the mouth in a Photoshop-like app and started animating it. I added the eyes moving to break up the constant stare a bit. The video took about 6 weeks to do since it was a lot of grunt work to get the basic mouth animation.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• @Daveypoo said:
    @Simon Doug was livestreaming a quiz night a few years back and I was participating. @AlterEgo_UK & I were neck and neck but he ended up winning by 1 or 2 points (*#$!?& Colin!!!). This is why there are direct references to me in the samples. Because it was a quiz night, there was no music in the background - although you can hear Jo laughing at times 😂

Anyway, I ripped the audio from the YouTube video of the stream and chopped it bits I liked and thought were funny. I reassembled them into a coherent-ish talk-track over the tune I had finished. I ended up going back to the video a few times to find more bits to fill in gaps in the track.

When the tune was complete took the image of Doug and cut out the mouth in a Photoshop-like app and started animating it. I added the eyes moving to break up the constant stare a bit. The video took about 6 weeks to do since it was a lot of grunt work to get the basic mouth animation.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Right. Great stuff.

I did something like that (without the video) a few years ago with a friend who does a community radio show. I recorded his radio show and chopped the best bits up in Audacity and put it over a groove made with Blocs Wave. Combining different bits made him sound like a crazy person. He loved it and his mates at the golf club thought it was hilarious but his wife didn't even smile....

• Cool beans 😂

• It’s like Norwegian Wood, only not quite as sexy and with a bitchin synth solo! But seriously, what apps did you use for the synth solo and the flute solo?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    It’s like Norwegian Wood, only not quite as sexy and with a bitchin synth solo! But seriously, what apps did you use for the synth solo and the flute solo?

It's a bit like Flying but without the "dah-dah-dah-dah-daaaaaaaaaaaah" ;)

The lead synth was iSEM, and the flute was SWAM Flute.

• What a knob... brilliant.. beautifully done and it's obvious there's lots of mutual respect !

• @GeoTony said:
    What a knob... brilliant.. beautifully done and it's obvious there's lots of mutual respect !

My favorite line is "Don't I feel like a dickhead now!" Cracks me up every time. 🤣🤣