Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo keeps crashing

I read on this forum that some people said it never crashes no matter how much CPU they use or whatnot but whenever i start jamming on drambo it crashes. Any idea how to fix it? I already tried reinstall didn't work.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited February 2023

Details. No one can guess without any clue of your environment.

• Hardware? (iPad / phone model)
    • OS version?
    • Standalone or in a host?
    • If in a host, which host?
    • If standalone, are you using AUv3 plugins? If so, which ones?
    • Are you using any external controllers?
    • Is there anything identifiable that you're doing most often when it crashes? (And don't say "jamming" 😉)
    • Have you tried rebooting your device? Does it happen less often after a reboot?
    • How often does it crash? Literally "whenever you start jamming" on it, or is that an exaggeration?

That kind of thing.
    It's not normal to have frequent crashes in Drambo, so maybe we can identify what might be causing this for you.

• @wim said:

• OS version?
    • Is there anything identifiable that you're doing most often when it crashes? (And don't say "jamming" 😉)
    • Have you tried rebooting your device? Does it happen less often after a reboot?
    • How often does it crash? Literally "whenever you start jamming" on it, or is that an exaggeration?

That kind of thing.
    It's not normal to have frequent crashes in Drambo, so maybe we can identify what might be causing this for you.

• ipad pro 2020 11"
    • 16.3 latest update
    • Standalone
    • In last time i used only 3-4 instrument which are built in and only syntmaster 1
    • No external
    • I was literally recording a few track and it crashed
    • I do reboot time to time
    • It crashed after few min of use yesterday, i did reinstall today and same happened
  • wimwim
    edited February 2023

@Johanso said:

@wim said:

• OS version?

That kind of thing.

• ipad pro 2020 11"
    • 16.3 latest update
    • Standalone
    • In last time i used only 3-4 instrument which are built in and only syntmaster 1
    • No external
    • It crashed after few min of use yesterday, i did reinstall today and same happened

Does it still crash if you don't use Synthmaster 1?
    Can you clarify what you mean by "recording a few tracks"? Mixing down to audio files? Or playing notes into the app and recording them? Or?

• Also, what are your buffer settings in Drambo?

• For any app I would always recommend being sure you're not running a lot of background stuff. And these last days I also try to keep my device on airplane mode when I'm playing with music apps.

You have a waaaay newer device than mine, so it shouldn't have performance issues.
    Mine is an iPad Mini 2 (2013), and I can run Drambo and Loopy Pro side side with Drambo hosting all BramBos apps at the same time.

Have you tried contacting the dev too?

• edited February 2023

Can you check your dRambo crash reports
    and send the most recent ones to Beepstreet
    with a full explanation of how it's crashing.

[email protected]

Here's how to find your crash reports.

https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/how-to-find-app-crash-reports-iphone-ipad/

• edited February 2023

@Johanso said:

I’d put money on this being the issue.

• @Gravitas said:

[email protected]

https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/how-to-find-app-crash-reports-iphone-ipad/

Thank you, I've done it.

@wim said:

@Johanso said:

@wim said:

• OS version?

That kind of thing.

• ipad pro 2020 11"
    • 16.3 latest update
    • Standalone
    • No external

Does it still crash if you don't use Synthmaster 1?
    Can you clarify what you mean by "recording a few tracks"? Mixing down to audio files? Or playing notes into the app and recording them? Or?

Yes, it crashed before when i used other Auv3 apps.
    I was recording just drum beat and melody, that's it

@BroCoast said:

@Johanso said:

I’d put money on this being the issue.

Can you explain?

• edited February 2023

I’ve had Drambo crash on me quite often but not during performances; it happens when I’m editing the piano roll, especially when I’m using “select all” or when selecting a lot of notes to move or delete them all at once.

I usually host Drambo in AUM and I’m running it on a 3rd generation iPad Pro on iOS 16.2.

In my most recent crash I only had 3 AUv3 instruments in AUM, 1 MIDI Processor and a Keystep 37 all routed to Drambo. I only had 3 scenes/patterns recorded, so I doubt it’s a matter of system overload on my end … maybe some kind of bug when editing the piano roll?

Anyone else experience this?

• @Johanso said:

@Gravitas said:

[email protected]

Thank you, I've done it.

Cool.

@mikejohn said:
    I’ve had Drambo crash on me quite often but not during performances; it happens when I’m editing the piano roll, especially when I’m using “select all” or when selecting a lot of notes to move or delete them all at once.

I usually host Drambo in AUM and I’m running it on a 3rd generation iPad Pro on iOS 16.2.

In my most recent crash I only had 3 AUv3 instruments in AUM, 1 MIDI Processor and a Keystep 37 all routed to Drambo. I only had 3 scenes/patterns recorded, so I doubt it’s a matter of system overload on my end … maybe some kind of bug when editing the piano roll?

Is this repeatable and if so could you screen record it and
    either post it here or email it to the aforementioned email.

• Sending the crash report directly to giku with description is probably the fastest way to resolution. :)

• @Gravitas said:

@Johanso said:

@Gravitas said:

[email protected]

Thank you, I've done it.

Cool.

@mikejohn said:

Thanks. I sent an email to Beepstreet with the crash details plus crash report. I tried to screen record and managed to capture Drambo freezing up on me - not a red-background-behind-the-icon-reload crash, but it might as well have been since I had to eject and reload Drambo in AUM.. when Drambo did crash again, while editing the piano roll, I wasn’t recording and when I started recording again I just got a solid hour of everything working fine .. go figure.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Sending the crash report directly to giku with description is probably the fastest way to resolution. :)

Agreed. :)

@mikejohn said:

@Gravitas said:

@Johanso said:

@Gravitas said:

[email protected]

Thank you, I've done it.

Cool.

@mikejohn said:

Thanks. I sent an email to Beepstreet with the crash details plus crash report. I tried to screen record and managed to capture Drambo freezing up on me - not a red-background-behind-the-icon-reload crash, but it might as well have been since I had to eject and reload Drambo in AUM.. when Drambo did crash again, while editing the piano roll, I wasn’t recording and when I started recording again I just got a solid hour of everything working fine .. go figure.

Cool.

Yeah,...Sod's Law.

No worries. ;)