Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pocket Singer - My OC sings! by ACCIDENTAL AI PTE. LTD.

Looks interesting, kinda reminds me of Vocaloid, too bad its subscription based 😟

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1665512424

Description:

Create your OC's voice and hear your OC sing!

Welcome to Pocket Singer!

Here, powered by AI voice engine, you can DIY not only your OC avatar, but also his/her voice! You can even make him/her sing with the voice you create.

Customize your OC's voice

• Create various types of voices with different arranges of VoiceMix
  • Select Male or Female to settle the vocal range
  • Click the music card to listen to the voice singing while mixing

Produce amazing music with your OC’s voice

• Import MIDI and fill in lyrics
  • Or import Pocket Singer song project shared by other Pocket Singer users
  • Tune and generate the song and export it as video or audio file
  • Able to sing in English, Japanese and Chinese

Contact us:
[email protected]
DC: https://discord.gg/AdEq37xQ4C

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 13.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Video:

Comments

• Seems cool but a weekly subscription at $.99 a week? That’s $48 a year 😵‍💫

• @HotStrange said:
    Seems cool but a weekly subscription at $.99 a week? That’s $48 a year 😵‍💫

There’s 52 weeks a year so 52 * 0.99 = 51.48 a year.
    Too much for me anyway…

• @HotStrange said:

I like the idea of a weekly sub. Can dip in and out a few times a year for very little money

• These kind of apps always seem to me like the worflow would be very tedious. Same with pitch correction apps. Not my cup of tea I think

• @BiancaNeve said:

@HotStrange said:

I like the idea of a weekly sub. Can dip in and out a few times a year for very little money

Exactly! Line up any projects that might need vocals, grab it for a couple of weeks…and Bob's your uncle

• @Gavinski said:
    These kind of apps always seem to me like the worflow would be very tedious. Same with pitch correction apps. Not my cup of tea I think

For entire tracks, no doubt. But for creating totally original hook lines or fodder for chopping, re-pitching/sampling, timestretching etc. it seems perfect 👍🏼

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:
    These kind of apps always seem to me like the worflow would be very tedious. Same with pitch correction apps. Not my cup of tea I think

For entire tracks, no doubt. But for creating totally original hook lines or fodder for chopping, re-pitching/sampling, timestretching etc. it seems perfect 👍🏼

Very good point, yeah definitely no harm in trying a week's sub. I'm waiting to hear what weird vocals @svetlovska is gonna produce with this!

• Anyone found a user manual yet?

• Damn, it's basically Vocaloid on iOS! 😲

• would be nice, if one could create an OC from their own voice

• Sounds too good and simple to use to be true…will wait for some more demo

• edited February 2023

@cuscolima said:
    Sounds too good and simple to use to be true…will wait for some more demo

It’s on,y £1 to try…

• @BiancaNeve said:

@cuscolima said:
    Sounds too good and simple to use to be true…will wait for some more demo

It’s on,y £1 to try…

And there's actually 3 days free, once you subscribe. But if you cancel before the first 3 days ends, there will be no sub.

• Been waiting for someone else to ask , but I guess I’m the one one who doesn’t know.
    What’s an OC? Are these famous people’s voices that the AI engine uses or something?

• Fortunately there will be lots of competition in this space pretty quickly. Prices will fall fast.

Also… what does “OC” mean in the context of this app?

• @NeuM said:
    Fortunately there will be lots of competition in this space pretty quickly. Prices will fall fast.

I had to look that up but it’s short for Original Creation Ie your own custom anime/cos play character

• @Gavinski said:

Yeah, they have their place, but I think I would rather be spending my time working on improving my pitching or intonation.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@NeuM said:
    Fortunately there will be lots of competition in this space pretty quickly. Prices will fall fast.

I had to look that up but it’s short for Original Creation Ie your own custom anime/cos play character

I see. Thanks.

• @NeuM said:

Why do you think that there will be lots of competition?

• @BiancaNeve said:

@NeuM said:

Because the price of machine learning / "A.I." systems will rapidly drop and at the same time, performance will increase. The power of these systems will touch everything eventually.

• this is pretty cheap comparatively. The only other engines i know of are emvoice and synth v. both of em desktop only, and a fair amount more expensive. this also seems relatively simple to use, although my first pass at it, it seems a bit buggy. kind of freezes up takes a while to process things etc.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    this is pretty cheap comparatively. The only other engines i know of are emvoice and synth v. both of em desktop only, and a fair amount more expensive. this also seems relatively simple to use, although my first pass at it, it seems a bit buggy. kind of freezes up takes a while to process things etc.

I wasn't able to draw any notes. Need to watch that vid again though probably on half speed as it flies through at quite a clip

Listening to the demos, in the app, I dunno, I personally am not impressed, unless the genre you're into making is educational songs for kids - a profitable enough niche perhaps but not one that appeals to me. The accents and pronunciation are a bit off. Might be good with lots of timestretch, or pitch shift, fx etc

• This is extremely impressive! Pretty well thought out, lots of nice features like MIDI import, and the first voice I created was really lovely. I’ve wanted Vocaloids on iOS for a long time and you might think I’m crazy but this might be worth $50/year to subscribe. Wow.

• @oddSTAR said:
    This is extremely impressive! Pretty well thought out, lots of nice features like MIDI import, and the first voice I created was really lovely. I’ve wanted Vocaloids on iOS for a long time and you might think I’m crazy but this might be worth $50/year to subscribe. Wow.

One of those rare subscription apps I find worth subscribing to.

• @oddSTAR said:
    This is extremely impressive! Pretty well thought out, lots of nice features like MIDI import, and the first voice I created was really lovely. I’ve wanted Vocaloids on iOS for a long time and you might think I’m crazy but this might be worth $50/year to subscribe. Wow.

There’s a vocaloid app available in the Japanese App Store.

• @enzeth said:

@HotStrange said:

There’s 52 weeks a year so 52 * 0.99 = 51.48 a year.
    Too much for me anyway…

D’oh 🤦🏻‍♂️ I did quick math right before bed and did the 12x4 instead of 52 weeks lol

• fuckkkk, i soooo badly want this app to be good, but its so far not very promising. Its extremely buggy, crashing on me left and right. luckily, it saves a backup, so you dont lose your work, but its still really annoying. It also exports super weird. the timing is kinda wonky upon export.

• I still have hopes for it, it’s only version 1.0. I still want a manual to understand all the advanced features like vibrato

• @NeuM said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@NeuM said:

Because the price of machine learning / "A.I." systems will rapidly drop and at the same time, performance will increase. The power of these systems will touch everything eventually.

Yes this will be the case, same as art and video production. Pending it’s legal status, but I don’t see anything too drastic impeding it’s adoption.

• an an emvoice "Veteran", will take a look at this. It can be easy to be put off by vocal creation apps, as they can sound off/flat without a fair bit of work - when I start work on a vocal, it's a world away from what the final version is. It would be great to have one on IOS, so I didn't have to keep swapping back and forward between IOS and a PC.