Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quick GeoShred Solo

Actually is quite slow and just on the edge of virtual feedback taking over the virtual guitar 🎸

Comments

• Nice patch. Smooths over some of the geoshrediness of the geoshred, if you know what I mean. Did you make it?

• edited February 2023

Very nice sound.. I usually use "Gain Stage Acoustic" app by Mani Consulting on top of Geoshred guitar sounds to cut down initial attack/transient to make the sound a bit smoother.. Just thought of sharing that trick.. :smile:

Here is a demo by Blue Mangoo:

• Hi @GeoTony
    Love the tone, love the guitar playing!!!!
    You are an artist, and I simply love this recording!!!
    I am digging this guitar solo playing, very well done!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• Thanks @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr , @sujoybose77 and @ReneAsologuitar 😊
    I have the app by Mani Consulting but haven’t used it for a while. Thanks for the reminder. nice playing by the way.
    I know what you mean about the GeoShred ‘tone’. Yes it’s one I made based on the email conversation below with Pat from moforte. Pat’s answers are in bold. I think I might redo the preset though as the feedback is a bit too much sometimes. 🎸

I’m setting up a preset based on Shred Sustain and if I compare this with Shred Lead I can’t find the setting that makes it sustain. Could you let me know what it is that is doing the sustaining?

What is different is that the 2 distortions are cranked way up, but also there is a ton of EQ and the Moog VCF is turned on to.   The feedback in the guitar is identical to Shred Lead.  I think that the sustain is similar it just sounds very different due to the distortion and EQ.

How do I make the Y axis on the notes velocity sensitive so I can a bit more variation when playing these presets?

If you are on an iPad go to "Menu> Model & FX> Perform> Play Mode and turn on KeyY Touch.  You can modify the curve.

If you are on an iPhone with 3D touch go to "Menu> Settings> 3D Touch Velocity".

However, distortion has the affect of compression because the sustain is achieved by clipping the decaying guitar plucks against the gain rails.  Thus as the volume of a decay goes from 10 .. 0, the clipping causes the signal to be a square wave with the same volume until the decay is very small, say 1 or 2.  So changing velocity for a highly clipped signal will have a small audible affect.  it's the same in the real world.