Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Benzonyzer - the orphaned phat kid

edited August 2014 in Support and Feedback

Don't know if people are aware of this but someone suggested it in the other forum as it was on sale. Not sure if it still is but I love the textures coming out of this thing. No AB or IAA or even midi AFAICT but if enough people like this maybe we could write a petition to the developer? Or maybe I'm just getting overly excited and there's loads of synths sounding like this?

Sorry not sure where to find the direct link. It is an iphone app.

Comments

• Nice find! Thanks, guys!

• From the same people who make synth 432hz and all the synth crazy apps

• The orphaned phat kid seems to be just that. This is the reply from the developer:

PromoBeat
    Glad you liked : )
    ״Any chance for midi learn and audiobus or/and IAA?״
    It is designed for personal use and fun.
    You can try to work with it, maybe the result will be
    good enough. There are many other instruments on
    the market to work with. This one is for fun.. . . . .

• Well that sucks. There's the basis of a really good synth there.

• It does suck Mister Flux, but there's a part of me that admires their approach/thought.

• I think they either don't care much about this or are building something proper which will bring income.

• I count 11 available apps by this dev, all of which are casual noise/toy/game type of thing. I guess that is what they are interested in and not anything deeper.

• @thinds said:

I count 11 available apps by this dev, all of which are casual noise/toy/game type of thing. I guess that is what they are interested in and not anything deeper.

Interesting, it doesn't show when looking in 'related' but I searched by the name and they all came out. I know it's not my business but if the guy put all of those apps together he might come up with a supertoy DAW and challenge Korg's gadgetry.

• edited August 2014

!

• Funny iTunes description for that Rhythm Machine app of his.

• Hello there.
    more than a year my musical instruments collection were free : ) Was close to a million downloads! i contacted waves com, located in my country Israel, unfortunately for them i didn't get a response at all : ) i'm still looking for a serious investor to connect the whole package. From a young age i used to buy broken analogs synth, fix them and sell.
    My inspiration for the Benzonyzer Synth is korg mono poly. At midnight tonight i will be 36 years old : ) Hope in the near future I will be able fulfill my dreams. Click on the link, download and enjoy!!
    https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/synth-benzonyzer/id472911585?mt=8

Oren fridman.

• Happy birthday tomorrow, Oren.

• It's a good thing to have a purpose in life :) Happy birthday to you. Imagine how many more little synths you can concoct (or connect up) in the next 36 years...

• Happy birthday Oren. Welcome to the thread! Have you considered crowd funding? I haven't got the slightest clue how much work would that require but you could start with small steps. Adding midi could be such a step, even just a start/stop communication between the apps. People (at least here) value good sounding synths so it may not be a totally a lost cause.

• @supadom said:

Happy birthday Oren. Welcome to the thread! Have you considered crowd funding? I haven't got the slightest clue how much work would that require but you could start with small steps. Adding midi could be such a step, even just a start/stop communication between the apps. People (at least here) value good sounding synths so it may not be a totally a lost cause.

That's a great idea, especially when the apps sound so good and they just need a bit more work to be able to connect with other apps via Audiobus and midi. Kickstarter and IndieGoGo are two crowd sourcing websites. You might even want to consider Patreon too and add functionality to the apps by having people sponsor you for your time.

• Inter App Audio or Audiobus would be nice but even just audiocopy/paste would make me try one of the paid ones.