Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One hour dub

In response to @jwmmakerofmusic ’s one hour music challenge thread, I gave it a go. I spent about 45 minutes playing around with an electric piano piece that wasn’t coming together, then just connected everything up and played something live in AUM using a Launchpad and Keystep.

Used Hammerhead, KQ Dixie, Ripplemaker, Fluss, Dubstation and Blackhole.

Comments

• I missed the one hour challenge… I need to check it out.

• @McD said:
    I missed the one hour challenge… I need to check it out.

It’s definitely harder than it sounds.

• @michael_m said:

@McD said:

Only if you care about quality. I mean 1 hour is not a huge commitment.

• @McD said:

@michael_m said:

@McD said:

Only if you care about quality. I mean 1 hour is not a huge commitment.

I mean to fully develop an idea if you’re used to taking more time than that. It’s not hard to get started, but the hour limit is not easy.

• Sounds cool, I dig it!

• I like this a whole lot @michael_m

There’s a great “what’s going to happen next?” feel to the dub treatments.

• This recording is fun, and sounds great, indeed!

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    This recording is fun, and sounds great, indeed!

Thank you. Not what I set out to do, but that’s sometimes the case.

• edited March 2023

@michael_m : well, needless to say I’m a fan of the underpinning beat! :) :smile:

I guess I used the same Hammerhead preset a while back on my track Strega - ‘Factory Blacktop’. Interested to see where you took it.Dub is a wonderful thing. :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    @michael_m : well, needless to say I’m a fan of the underpinning beat! :) :smile:

I guess I used the same Hammerhead preset a while back on my track Strega - ‘Factory Blacktop’. Interested to see where you took it.Dub is a wonderful thing. :)

Dub is indeed a wonderful thing. If I hadn’t limited myself to one hour I might have played the drums and bass myself then worked on it - it’s really fun to build dub from scratch.

Can you post a link to your track? I can’t remember if I heard it.

• No problem :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    No problem :)

I like this! So different from what I did with it - I love that it’s possible to get two totally different results from a preset!